|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is significant about the year that Will's father went missing?
(a) It is the year that Dust appeared
(b) It is the year that Will's mother went nuts
(c) It is the year Will was born
(d) It is the year that the Church began exploring
2. When Will is forced to flee his home where does he travel to in order to find answers to his questions?
(a) To find Lyra
(b) His uncle's house
3. At the beginning of chapter four who does Will call?
(a) Family lawyer
(b) His mother
(c) Family doctor
(d) Mrs. Cooper
4. What does Will begin looking for when he goes back to his empty house?
(a) Golden Compass
(b) Green leather writing case
(c) Subtle Knife
(d) Thing one and Thing two
5. What does Will tell the driver of the car that hit Lyra that they are?
(c) Brother and sister
6. Why does Sarafina not want to use the spell which makes her invisible?
(a) It can kill a witch
(b) It draws ghosts to use it
(c) It can hurt her daemon
(d) It will leave her exhauseted
7. Who does Umaq tell Lee to go ask about Stanislaus Grumman?
(a) The church
(b) The witch Stanislaus turned down
(c) The Tartar tribe that he belonged to
(d) The spirits
8. When the young witch, Juta Kamainen, comes to Serafina what does she say about Stanislaus Grumman?
(a) He has been dead for many years
(b) She knows he works for the church
(c) She loves him
(d) She wants to kill him
9. What does Lyra explain that the Church people in her world believe Dust to be?
(a) Demon possession
(b) A person's soul
(c) Allergy nightmares
(d) Original sin
10. What does Sir Charles say that he can come up with easily to prove the alethiometer is his?
(b) Bill of Sale
11. Who arrives and gives Lyra a ride, calling her 'Lizzie'?
(a) Lord Asriel
(b) Dr. Malone
(c) Sir Charles
12. Where does Will go to hide for a short period of time when he first reaches Oxford?
(d) An AA meeting
13. When Will rescues the cat, what does Lyra think it is for a brief moment?
(a) A Specter
(b) A zombie
(c) A ghost
(d) Will's daemon
14. What does Will's father say he found in the "weather balloon" owned by the physicist Nelson?
(d) Radiation suit
15. What does Sarafina Pekkala see while traveling to Svalvard?
(a) A witch's daemon
(b) Mrs. Coulter's ship
(c) A witch
(d) A Ghast
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is NOT an attribute of the strange fog that rolls in as it is described in chapter six?
2. What does Lyra's daemon, Pantalaimon, do that shocks Will for a moment?
3. What do Lyra and Will hear when they go back through the window to the other world after they are done at the cinema?
4. What does the word "Yambe-Adda" mean?
5. What does Lyra do after Sir Charles locks away the alethiometer?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)