|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thorold tell Serafina that he believes Lord Asriel is attempting to do?
(a) Save Lyra
(b) Destroy the church
(c) Prove that angels exists
(d) Destroy the Authority
2. What does Lyra hear coming from the window that leads to Will's world?
(c) Children playing
3. Where does Mr. Perkins tell Will that the money comes from every few months that Will and his mother receive?
(a) Trust fund
(b) Will's mother is rich
(c) Unknown origin
(d) The people that had been in charge of John Parry's last expedition
4. What does Sam Cansino tell Lee that Stanislaus Grumman's daemon was?
(a) A fish
(b) A tawny mountain lion
(c) A calico colored cat
(d) A black eagle with a white head and breast
5. While Will stands trying to decide what to do while in Oxford what does he see that catches his attentions?
(b) A dog
(c) A golden compass
(d) A cat
6. What does Will warn Lyra he will do if she threatens his hiding?
(a) Kill her
(b) Eat her daemon
(c) Leave her on her own
(d) Punch her
7. Which is NOT an attribute of the strange fog that rolls in as it is described in chapter six?
(a) Voices come from the fog
(b) It causes people to fall asleep
(c) Occasionally there is strange light coming from it
(d) Forms could be vaguely seen
8. Who does Will see going into the lawyer's office just as Will decides he might need to go in there?
(a) Lord Asreil
(c) The blond haired man who broke into Will's house
(d) Mrs. Coulter
9. What do Lyra and Will hear when they go back through the window to the other world after they are done at the cinema?
(b) Gun fire
10. What do the men ask Will's mother about when they come to see her?
(a) A golden compass
(b) Wil's father
(c) A lost cat
(d) Her money
11. What does Lyra do after Sir Charles locks away the alethiometer?
(a) Spits in his face
(b) Stomps on his foot
(c) Kicks over a chair
(d) Breaks a window
12. What does John tell his wife he will bring her at the end of his last letter?
(a) A jug of glacier water
(b) A souvenir from the spirit world
(c) A spirit of hir own
(d) A picture of the anomaly
13. What does Lyra check on to make sure it isn't broken after she is struck by the car?
(a) Her leg
(b) Her daemon
(d) Her ipod
14. What does Lyra tell Will she has come looking for?
(a) Subtle Knife
(b) A green leather case
15. What happens while Will is in the house that changes his plans?
(a) Wil finds the case empty
(b) Mrs. Cooper returns with Wil's mother
(c) He kills one of the men
(d) The men get the case before he does
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sir Charles claim to be and is the reason he wants the alethiometer?
2. What does the word "Yambe-Adda" mean?
3. What does Lyra tell Will would happen to the alethiometer if she began using it to spy on people for her enjoyment?
4. What does Will ask Mrs. Cooper to do for him?
5. What does Lyra see on top of the tower after the children have fled in Cittagazze?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)