|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, A Children's World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Will begin looking for when he goes back to his empty house?
(a) Thing one and Thing two
(b) Golden Compass
(c) Subtle Knife
(d) Green leather writing case
2. What does Queen Ruta Skadi say that she is going to go do when the witch council is ended?
(a) Go to her clan and prepare for war
(b) Find Asriel
(c) Hunt down the Magistrate
(d) Take a nap
3. What does the word "Yambe-Adda" mean?
(a) There is no life in me
(b) I left the coffee pot on
(c) I give myself to death
(d) The goddess of death
4. What does Will do with the green leather writing case before going back to his world?
(a) Puts it under the refridgerator
(b) Slips it under the mattress
(c) Hides it in the library
(d) Puts it under a bridge
5. What does the alethiometer say when Lyra asks it what her dream means in chapter three?
(a) It is confusing
(b) It was a dream about a head
(c) No more pizza before bed time
(d) The head was never there
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Coulter do to the witch when the witch refuses to tell her anything about Lyra?
2. What does Lyra check on to make sure it isn't broken after she is struck by the car?
3. When the young witch, Juta Kamainen, comes to Serafina what does she say about Stanislaus Grumman?
4. What does Serafina give to Lee Scoresby so that he can call her wherever he is?
5. What does Will ask Mrs. Cooper to do for him?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)