|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is Trouver the dog described as in Chapter 14?
2. What does Viviane see in the backyard where Jack had been searching for King Tut’s tomb when Viviane met him, in Chapter 22?
(a) A swimming pool
(b) A crow
(c) A swing set
(d) A butterfly
3. What does Ava say Marigold Pie willed to her when she died, in Chapter 26?
(a) Her car
(b) Her house
(c) Nathaniel’s journal
(d) All of her belongings
4. Whose address does Emilienne give to the police when she calls in Chapter 23?
(a) John Griffith’s
(b) Marigold Pie’s
(c) Constance Quakenbush’s
(d) Laura Lovelorn’s
5. What color does Cardigan dye Ava’s hair in Chapter 19?
6. What does Ava wear over her wings to hide them when she sneaks out of the house in Chapter 15?
(a) A blue cape
(b) A black overcoat
(c) A green cloak
(d) A red overcoat
7. What does Gabe have the idea to model his wings from in Chapter 14?
(a) An airplane
(b) A moth
(c) A bat
(d) A butterfly
8. Who is said to have changed the most following Ava’s attack in Chapter 25?
(d) Iris Sorrows
9. Who says in Emilienne’s dream in the beginning of Chapter 26, “We’ve been waiting for you. None of us can remember how to play bezique”?
10. What month is it as Ava climbs to the roof of her house in Chapter 26?
11. What does Viviane note that there are none of in Jack’s home in Chapter 22?
(c) Family photos
(d) Kitchen appliances
12. What word from Chapter 22 means inclined or disposed to please?
13. Whom does Henry tell his mother is hurt in the conclusion of Chapter 22?
14. Emilienne’s brother says to her in Chapter 26, “We were hoping you’d be able to play us a tune on” what?
(a) That harpsichord of yours
(b) That guitar of yours
(c) That piano of yours
(d) That flute of yours
15. Emilienne says in her dream in Chapter 26 that you cannot play bezique with how many players?
Short Answer Questions
1. What term from Chapter 19 refers to the dancing spirits of rain and fertility in the mythology of the Hopis?
2. What drink does Nathaniel offer to Ava when she sits by the fire in Chapter 23?
3. What is the midsummer festival called in Greece, according to the narrator in Chapter 19?
4. What is Henry doing when Viviane encounters him in Jack’s home in Chapter 22?
5. Who have kept the bakery going during Ava’s recovery in Chapter 25?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)