|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The birds that Ava finds in the third floor of her home in Chapter 26 are doves that have bred with what kind of birds?
2. Whom does Henry tell his mother is hurt in the conclusion of Chapter 22?
3. What does Emilienne say to Rowe as he drives her home in Chapter 21?
(a) I hope my brother is waiting for me
(b) I hope the rain doesn’t last much longer
(c) I hope my daughter falls in love with you
(d) I hope my granddaughter falls in love with you
4. What drink does Nathaniel offer to Ava when she sits by the fire in Chapter 23?
5. Who is the strange man sitting on Ava’s bed when she awakens in the night at the end of Chapter 25?
(a) John Griffith
(c) Nathaniel Sorrows
6. What does Emilienne do for the first time in over thirty years when leaving the bakery in Chapter 21?
(b) Leaves the keys with Wilhelmina
(c) Puts up a “For Sale” sign
(d) Laughs uncontrollably
7. Of Viviane, the narrator says in the beginning of Chapter 22, “She thought it unfair that her life should be both irrelevant and” what?
8. Who insists that Emilienne take a ride home with Rowe while she helps to prepare to open the bakery in the morning in Chapter 21?
(b) Iris Sorrows
9. In the diary entry that concludes Chapter 18, Nathaniel describes not having left his aunt’s house in how many days?
10. Whose truck does Ava see pulling away from her driveway as she nears her house in Chapter 20?
(c) William Peyton’s
(d) Laura Lovelorn’s
11. What is the midsummer festival called in Greece, according to the narrator in Chapter 19?
(a) Gathering Day
(b) The Feast of Epona
(d) All Couples’ Day
12. How many months has it been since the Summer Solstice when Ava is brought home from the hospital in Chapter 25?
13. What is the name of Jack Griffith’s maid in Chapter 22?
14. Who is the first person to discover Ava’s injured body in Chapter 24?
(a) Marigold Pie
15. What is the date of the journal entry that concludes Chapter 17?
(a) May 15, 1959
(b) May 26, 1959
(c) September 12, 1955
(d) March 1, 1904
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rowe send Ava and Cardigan on along to get home in the beginning of Chapter 20?
2. In the diary entry that concludes Chapter 18, Nathaniel describes receiving a letter from whom relieving him of his duties at the church?
3. Rowe Cooper works as a delivery truck driver for what business in Chapter 15?
4. Who is hired to replace Emilienne at the bakery in Chapter 25?
5. What is the journal entry dated that concludes Chapter 15?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)