|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ava sneaks out of her house at night to go where with Cardigan and Rowe in Chapter 15?
(a) The town reservoir
(b) The Solstice festival
(c) The movie theater
(d) On a fishing boat in the bay
2. What does Ava say Marigold Pie did after awakening from her drugged state in Chapter 26?
(a) She joined a circus
(b) She became a baker
(c) She became a dietitian
(d) She became a nurse
3. Who sends daily letters to Ava while she remains recuperating at home in Chapter 25?
4. What does Viviane recall Jack giving her as a gift before leaving for college in Chapter 14?
(a) A ruby ring
(b) A dragonfly
(c) A parakeet
(d) A bracelet
5. The house that Jack Griffith has bought in Chapter 27 is the lithe white house that once belonged to whom?
(a) Constance Quakenbush
(b) Nathaniel Sorrows
(c) Jeremiah Flannery
(d) The caretakers of the town reservoir
6. How does Jack contact Viviane to say he’s found her son in the beginning of Chapter 20?
(a) He knocks on the door
(b) He sends a telegram
(c) He calls on the telephone
(d) He sends a messenger
7. Why does Rowe send Ava and Cardigan on along to get home in the beginning of Chapter 20?
(a) He needs to give his mother a ride
(b) He has a date
(c) He needs to give his father a ride
(d) He has to go to the police station
8. What kind of hat is Emilienne wearing in her dream in the beginning of Chapter 26?
(a) A top hat
(b) A fedora
(c) A bonnet
(d) A cloche
9. The birds that Ava finds in the third floor of her home in Chapter 26 are doves that have bred with what kind of birds?
10. Emilienne’s brother says to her in Chapter 26, “We were hoping you’d be able to play us a tune on” what?
(a) That guitar of yours
(b) That flute of yours
(c) That piano of yours
(d) That harpsichord of yours
11. Who says in Emilienne’s dream in the beginning of Chapter 26, “We’ve been waiting for you. None of us can remember how to play bezique”?
12. What is the date of the journal entry that concludes Chapter 16?
(a) April 29, 1959
(b) May 11, 1959
(c) May 15, 1959
(d) September 12, 1955
13. What is the midsummer festival called in Greece, according to the narrator in Chapter 19?
(a) All Couples’ Day
(b) The Feast of Epona
(c) Gathering Day
14. When does Rene’s ghost tell Henry that trouble is coming in Chapter 18?
(a) Before the rain
(b) On Christmas Day
(c) After the rain
(d) On Easter
15. When Ava attempts to find an exit to Marigold Pie’s home, she enters a room filled with what dead animals in Chapter 23?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Viviane begin doing after she has an epiphany about Jack while putting Henry and Trouver into the truck in Chapter 22?
2. What word from Chapter 22 means inclined or disposed to please?
3. What does Viviane note that there are none of in Jack’s home in Chapter 22?
4. What color are the wings that Ava describes unfolding from her back in the conclusion of Chapter 27?
5. Whom has Ava developed an attraction to in the beginning of Chapter 17?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)