|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rowe has received a full scholarship to what college in Chapter 15?
(b) Harvard College
(c) Berkeley College
(d) Boston University
2. What kind of animal does Pierette transform herself into at the age of fifteen?
(a) A cat
(b) A chicken
(c) A dog
(d) A canary
3. What does Viviane note that there are none of in Jack’s home in Chapter 22?
(a) Kitchen appliances
(d) Family photos
4. By what name does Henry call the ghost of Rene Roux when he refers to him in the narrative?
(a) The Mad Man
(b) The Tall Man
(c) The Sad Man
(d) The Strange Man
5. What is the name of Marigold Pie’s nephew that is sent to care for her after she’s become obese in Chapter 12?
(a) Nathaniel Sorrows
(b) Barnaby Callahoo
(c) Rene Roux
(d) William Peyton
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the ship that Emilienne’s family boards for the United States in Chapter 1?
2. In what year does the Cooper family move next-door to the Lavenders in Chapter 10?
3. What is Jack and Emilienne’s favorite spot that they go to after the movies in Chapter 5?
4. What is the baby mobile made of that hangs over the crib in Chapter 9?
5. In the diary entry that concludes Chapter 18, Nathaniel describes receiving a letter from whom relieving him of his duties at the church?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)