|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator says of Viviane in Chapter 4, “As a toddler, she could easily whip up a batch of” what desserts?
(b) Black and white cookies
(d) Petit fours
2. To what Native American tribe does Wilhelmina belong?
(a) The Cherokee tribe
(b) The Yurok tribe
(c) The Suquamish tribe
(d) The Winnemem tribe
3. The yearly celebrations for Fatima Ines de Dores’s birthday at Pinnacle Lane fall on what holiday?
(b) Summer Solstice
(c) Winter Solstice
4. What word from Chapter 4 refers to a person not suited in behavior or attitude to his social environment?
5. How old is Wilhelmina when she first appears in Pinnacle Lane in Chapter 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wilhelmina leave in the place of the loaf of bread she takes from the bakery when she first visits in Chapter 3?
2. What is the name of the ship that Emilienne’s family boards for the United States in Chapter 1?
3. What color hair is Emilienne described as having in the novel?
4. What year is it when Emilienne’s family immigrates to the United States?
5. On what date is Ava Lavender born in the narrative?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)