|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Emilienne Roux’s father?
(a) Henry Roux
(b) Rowe Roux
(c) Beauregard Roux
(d) Jack Roux
2. What is the name of the ship that Emilienne’s family boards for the United States in Chapter 1?
(a) The SS Manhatine
(b) The SS France
(c) The SS Titanic
(d) The SS Portugal
3. What herbs bundled together does Wilhelmina give to Emilienne to use in a cleansing ritual in Chapter 3?
(a) Mint and birch
(b) Sage and hyssop
(c) Pennyroyal and foxglove
(d) Cinnamon and allspice
4. What is Emilienne’s full name in the novel?
(a) Emilienne Margaux Roux
(b) Emilienne Adou Solange Roux
(c) Emilienne Viviane Lavender
(d) Emilienne Beatrix Roux
5. The yearly celebrations for Fatima Ines de Dores’s birthday at Pinnacle Lane fall on what holiday?
(a) Summer Solstice
(d) Winter Solstice
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Viviane when she finds the white dress that resembles a child-size wedding gown in a closet in the house in Chapter 4?
2. On what date is Ava Lavender born in the narrative?
3. How old is Emilienne when her family immigrates to the United States?
4. To what Native American tribe does Wilhelmina belong?
5. Fatima Ines de Dores is said to be of what descent in Chapter 2?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)