|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote Florence Macarthy?
2. What does Lucy need to feel before she could love someone?
3. How many years after Henry's death does Bridget die?
4. What does Lucy do when Horahan leaves?
5. What does Everard drink in the cafe by the church?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who comes to visit Lahardane? Who was Lucy expecting?
2. How is Lucy referred to in this chapter?
3. What did Heloise believe about what happened to Lucy?
4. What was the relationship between Heloise and Everard's brother?
5. Who is the main subject of this chapter? Where is he, and what is he doing?
6. What does Ralph buy? Why does he do it?
7. Describe Horahan's visit with the Gaults.
8. How does Lucy and Ralph's correspondence end? What does Lucy regret?
9. Why does Lucy not write to Ralph?
10. What happens to Heloise in this chapter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay that documents the 'normal' experience of someone who joins the military. Be sure to address:
1) Common reasons for those who join the military, and the realism of these expectations.
2) The day-to-day experience of a person in the military.
3) Pros and cons of being a soldier.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay documenting the varying roles religion can play in the lives of individuals. Be sure to address:
1) How religion can serve in a support role for those in need.
2) The role of religious doctrine in the morality, lifestyle choices, and overall lives of individuals.
3) The role of religious institutions throughout history and across the world in politics, charity, foreign aid, and so on.
Essay Topic 3
Research and write an essay that serves as a travel guide for someone traveling to Italy. Be sure to include:
1) Common destinations and sites in Italy.
2) Preparations required for an extended vacation in Italy, including some Italian phrases.
3) Customs and experiences unique to Italy.
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)