|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of the farming has Lucy taken up?
2. How many fishermen from Kilauran are lost at sea?
3. What does Everard watch Heloise put in her coffee?
4. What type of car is IF 19?
5. How does Henry greet Ralph?
Short Essay Questions
1. What forces the Gaults to leave Italy? Where do they go?
2. What was Ralph's childhood like?
3. How is Ralph's accidental visit to Lahardane regarded by others in the community?
4. Why could Lucy not walk back to the house? How did she feel while stranded in the woods?
5. What is Horahan afraid of?
6. How is Lucy found? What condition is she in?
7. How does the porter, and later house painter, feel about what he did when he was injured?
8. What does Lucy look like now?
9. How is Horahan regarded by others in the Camp? How does he feel?
10. What are Lucy's feelings towards Ralph?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on parenting, documenting the roles and responsibilities of parents and children. Be sure to address how parenting has changed over time, and how the experience of today's parents is different from those of previous centuries.
Essay Topic 2
Write a personal essay on chance, and the sometimes critical role it can play in how our lives are shaped. Be sure to use the example of Lucy Gault as a reference point in your essay.
Essay Topic 3
Research and write an essay that serves as a travel guide for someone traveling to Italy. Be sure to include:
1) Common destinations and sites in Italy.
2) Preparations required for an extended vacation in Italy, including some Italian phrases.
3) Customs and experiences unique to Italy.
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)