|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will Bridget miss most about the house?
2. In what town do the Gaults make their new home?
3. What do people believe happened to the Gaults?
4. What does Mr. O'Reilly do when he sees Lucy?
5. What does Lucy hope will return when she walks on the strand?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Lucy changed in this chapter? How is she doing?
2. How is Lucy treated when she returns to school?
3. How does Lucy see her future and present circumstances?
4. Who is the new army recruit? Why has he joined the military?
5. What forces the Gaults to leave Italy? Where do they go?
6. What is Horahan afraid of?
7. What responses does Mr. Sullivan receive to his inquiries?
8. Who is the railway porter? How was he injured?
9. How does Horahan conduct himself as a soldier?
10. How is Lucy found? What condition is she in?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on the topic of marriage. Be sure to address:
1) How marriage and family has changed over time.
2) The subject of divorce, and legal issues associated with marriage.
3) Advice to those hoping to get married.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay documenting the challenges and difficulties faced by the elderly in modern society. Be sure to address:
1) Financial, physical, and emotional challenges faced by the elderly.
2) The possible effects of a growing aging population on modern societies.
3) How life expectancies and quality of life has changed throughout history.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay documenting the history of influenza, its effect upon the human race, how medical science has aided our fight against the flu, and the continued dangers posed by influenza epidemics.
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)