|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where should Lucy stay now?
2. What book does Canon Crosbie give Lucy?
3. What does Heloise do outside the church?
4. What is the wire that gets sent to England?
5. What name does Lucy like?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lucy feel about leaving? What does she do?
2. How does Heloise feel in this chapter?
3. What are Lucy's feelings towards Ralph?
4. How is Ralph's accidental visit to Lahardane regarded by others in the community?
5. What type of education does Canon Crosbie want for Lucy, and why can she not get it? What do you think would be best for Lucy?
6. How is Horahan regarded by others in the Camp? How does he feel?
7. How do the Gaults spend their time in Italy?
8. Who is the new army recruit? Why has he joined the military?
9. How does Heloise feel?
10. How has Lucy changed in this chapter? How is she doing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Research and write an essay that serves as an introductory guide to the grieving process that would be useful to those who have recently experienced a loss.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay documenting a trade of your choice. Be sure to address:
1) Education and experience required for this profession.
2) Pros and cons of this trade, and how it has changed over time.
3) The demand for this skill in today's marketplace.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay documenting the history of influenza, its effect upon the human race, how medical science has aided our fight against the flu, and the continued dangers posed by influenza epidemics.
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)