|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man who unexpectedly finds himself at Lahardane?
2. Who declares himself for peace, and then for war?
3. Where is Ralph going to stay?
4. How does Heloise feel?
5. What do the Gaults do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Lucy changed in this chapter? How is she doing?
2. What do you think will happen to Everard and Heloise Gault?
3. What forces the Gaults to leave Italy? Where do they go?
4. How does the porter, and later house painter, feel about what he did when he was injured?
5. How are the events at Lahardane perceived by others?
6. What are Lucy's feelings towards Ralph?
7. What was Ralph's childhood like?
8. What is the financial and emotional state of Lucy's parents? Where have they gone?
9. What is Horahan afraid of?
10. How does Heloise feel in this chapter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay documenting the history of influenza, its effect upon the human race, how medical science has aided our fight against the flu, and the continued dangers posed by influenza epidemics.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on the topic of marriage. Be sure to address:
1) How marriage and family has changed over time.
2) The subject of divorce, and legal issues associated with marriage.
3) Advice to those hoping to get married.
Essay Topic 3
Write a historical essay documenting Italy's role in World War Two. Be sure to address:
1) Benito Mussolini and his government.
2) Reasons for Italy entering the conflict, and why Italy chose the side of the Axis powers.
3) The end of Italy's role in World War Two.
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)