|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the porter change his occupation?
2. What type of cigarette does Henry smoke?
3. How many children are in Lucy's class?
4. What does Mr. O'Reilly do when he sees Lucy?
5. Where was the porter shot?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lucy see her future and present circumstances?
2. How does Heloise feel in this chapter?
3. What forces the Gaults to leave Italy? Where do they go?
4. Who is the new army recruit? Why has he joined the military?
5. How does Lucy feel about leaving? What does she do?
6. How are the events at Lahardane perceived by others?
7. How do the Gaults spend their time in Italy?
8. What is the financial and emotional state of Lucy's parents? Where have they gone?
9. How is Horahan regarded by others in the Camp? How does he feel?
10. What does Lucy look like now?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on the topic of marriage. Be sure to address:
1) How marriage and family has changed over time.
2) The subject of divorce, and legal issues associated with marriage.
3) Advice to those hoping to get married.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay documenting a trade of your choice. Be sure to address:
1) Education and experience required for this profession.
2) Pros and cons of this trade, and how it has changed over time.
3) The demand for this skill in today's marketplace.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on the Second World War. Be sure to address:
1) Causes of the war.
2) How the war was fought and won by Allied powers.
3) The lasting effect of World War Two on world history.
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)