|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When would Paddy Lindon appear?
2. When did Canon Crosbie know Lucy's father?
3. What does Henry rarely take off in the daytime?
4. What are there rumors of in Europe?
5. In what month does the porter experience a cold day?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the events at Lahardane perceived by others?
2. What are Lucy's feelings towards Ralph?
3. How has Lucy changed in this chapter? How is she doing?
4. What forces the Gaults to leave Italy? Where do they go?
5. What was Ralph's childhood like?
6. How does Horahan conduct himself as a soldier?
7. Who is the new army recruit? Why has he joined the military?
8. How is Ralph's accidental visit to Lahardane regarded by others in the community?
9. How is Horahan regarded by others in the Camp? How does he feel?
10. How does Lucy see her future and present circumstances?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay that documents one person's (fictional or real) experience with a physical impairment, such as blindness, mobility issues, and so on. Be sure to address:
1) Difficulties that this person faces every day.
2) Social stigmas associated with the impairment.
3) Quality of life issues.
Essay Topic 2
Research and write an essay that serves as an introductory guide to the grieving process that would be useful to those who have recently experienced a loss.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay documenting the history of influenza, its effect upon the human race, how medical science has aided our fight against the flu, and the continued dangers posed by influenza epidemics.
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)