|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of the farming has Lucy taken up?
2. What is carved on the trees?
3. What was abandoned while the boys were running away?
4. What color is the dog that crosses the piazza?
5. What type of car is IF 19?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the financial and emotional state of Lucy's parents? Where have they gone?
2. Who is the new army recruit? Why has he joined the military?
3. Who comes to visit Lahardane? Who was Lucy expecting?
4. What does Ralph plan to do?
5. How has Lucy changed in this chapter? How is she doing?
6. What is Horahan afraid of?
7. What forces the Gaults to leave Italy? Where do they go?
8. How does the porter, and later house painter, feel about what he did when he was injured?
9. What has happened in history since the previous chapter? How has Ralph fared as a soldier?
10. How is Lucy referred to in this chapter?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on parenting, documenting the roles and responsibilities of parents and children. Be sure to address how parenting has changed over time, and how the experience of today's parents is different from those of previous centuries.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay documenting the varying roles religion can play in the lives of individuals. Be sure to address:
1) How religion can serve in a support role for those in need.
2) The role of religious doctrine in the morality, lifestyle choices, and overall lives of individuals.
3) The role of religious institutions throughout history and across the world in politics, charity, foreign aid, and so on.
Essay Topic 3
Write a personal essay on chance, and the sometimes critical role it can play in how our lives are shaped. Be sure to use the example of Lucy Gault as a reference point in your essay.
This section contains 1,615 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)