Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Gault family originally from?
2. How many fishermen from Kilauran are lost at sea?
3. What is the name of the Gault house in Ireland?
4. What does Canon Crosby ask about?
5. What is the date on the letter that Lucy sends to Ralph?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Everard reflect on his marriage to Heloise?
2. How do the Gaults spend their time in Italy?
3. Describe Everard's journey back to Lahardane.
4. How does Lucy feel now about waiting for her father's return? How does Everard feel?
5. What memories haunt Everard Gault?
6. What forces the Gaults to leave Italy? Where do they go?
7. Who is the main subject of this chapter? Where is he, and what is he doing?
8. What has happened in history since the previous chapter? How has Ralph fared as a soldier?
9. How does Horahan interpret the return of the Captain? How does he feel?
10. What does Ralph buy? Why does he do it?
Write an essay documenting the challenges and difficulties faced by the elderly in modern society. Be sure to address:
1) Financial, physical, and emotional challenges faced by the elderly.
2) The possible effects of a growing aging population on modern societies.
3) How life expectancies and quality of life has changed throughout history.
Write an essay that documents one person's (fictional or real) experience with a physical impairment, such as blindness, mobility issues, and so on. Be sure to address:
1) Difficulties that this person faces every day.
2) Social stigmas associated with the impairment.
3) Quality of life issues.
Write a personal essay on chance, and the sometimes critical role it can play in how our lives are shaped. Be sure to use the example of Lucy Gault as a reference point in your essay.
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)