|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man who unexpectedly finds himself at Lahardane?
2. What is the number plate on the car that Henry sees?
3. What is the name of the Gault house in Ireland?
4. Where should Lucy stay now?
5. How many fishermen from Kilauran are lost at sea?
Short Essay Questions
1. What responses does Mr. Sullivan receive to his inquiries?
2. How are the events at Lahardane perceived by others?
3. How does Lucy see her future and present circumstances?
4. What type of education does Canon Crosbie want for Lucy, and why can she not get it? What do you think would be best for Lucy?
5. What does Lucy look like now?
6. How does Heloise feel in this chapter?
7. How is Lucy treated when she returns to school?
8. What are Everard and Heloise doing in this chapter?
9. What memories haunt Everard Gault?
10. What forces the Gaults to leave Italy? Where do they go?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on the topic of marriage. Be sure to address:
1) How marriage and family has changed over time.
2) The subject of divorce, and legal issues associated with marriage.
3) Advice to those hoping to get married.
Essay Topic 2
Research and write an essay that serves as an introductory guide to the grieving process that would be useful to those who have recently experienced a loss.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay that documents the 'normal' experience of someone who joins the military. Be sure to address:
1) Common reasons for those who join the military, and the realism of these expectations.
2) The day-to-day experience of a person in the military.
3) Pros and cons of being a soldier.
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)