|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the new recruit's name?
2. What was abandoned while the boys were running away?
3. What part of the farming has Lucy taken up?
4. What is the number plate on the car that Henry sees?
5. How many pages are there in <I>Vanity Fair</I>?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Heloise feel?
2. Who does Lucy visit? What do other people think about her actions?
3. What forces the Gaults to leave Italy? Where do they go?
4. How does Lucy see her future and present circumstances?
5. What attracted Everard to military life?
6. What was Ralph's childhood like?
7. How is Horahan regarded by others in the Camp? How does he feel?
8. What does Lucy make during the wintertime? What is its significance?
9. Why does Lucy not write to Ralph?
10. Where does Lucy go? How does she feel about being there?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay documenting the varying roles religion can play in the lives of individuals. Be sure to address:
1) How religion can serve in a support role for those in need.
2) The role of religious doctrine in the morality, lifestyle choices, and overall lives of individuals.
3) The role of religious institutions throughout history and across the world in politics, charity, foreign aid, and so on.
Essay Topic 2
Write a historical essay documenting Italy's role in World War Two. Be sure to address:
1) Benito Mussolini and his government.
2) Reasons for Italy entering the conflict, and why Italy chose the side of the Axis powers.
3) The end of Italy's role in World War Two.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay documenting the history of influenza, its effect upon the human race, how medical science has aided our fight against the flu, and the continued dangers posed by influenza epidemics.
This section contains 1,620 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)