Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Gault family originally from?
2. How many fishermen from Kilauran are lost at sea?
3. What is the name of the Gault house in Ireland?
4. What does Canon Crosby ask about?
5. What is the date on the letter that Lucy sends to Ralph?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Everard reflect on his marriage to Heloise?
2. How do the Gaults spend their time in Italy?
3. Describe Everard's journey back to Lahardane.
4. How does Lucy feel now about waiting for her father's return? How does Everard feel?
5. What memories haunt Everard Gault?
6. What forces the Gaults to leave Italy? Where do they go?
7. Who is the main subject of this chapter? Where is he, and what is he doing?
8. What has happened in history since the previous chapter? How has Ralph fared as a soldier?
9. How does Horahan interpret the return of the Captain? How does he feel?
10. What does Ralph buy? Why does he do it?
Essay Topic 1
Research and write an essay that serves as an introductory guide to the grieving process that would be useful to those who have recently experienced a loss.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay documenting the lasting and failed romance between Lucy and Ralph. Be sure to address:
1) Symbolism visible in their relationship.
2) Barriers and stumbling blocks to Lucy and Ralph being together.
3) Lessons that can be learned from Lucy and Ralph's example.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay documenting the history of influenza, its effect upon the human race, how medical science has aided our fight against the flu, and the continued dangers posed by influenza epidemics.
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)