|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Gault family originally from?
2. How many fishermen from Kilauran are lost at sea?
3. What is the name of the Gault house in Ireland?
4. What does Canon Crosby ask about?
5. What is the date on the letter that Lucy sends to Ralph?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Everard reflect on his marriage to Heloise?
2. How do the Gaults spend their time in Italy?
3. Describe Everard's journey back to Lahardane.
4. How does Lucy feel now about waiting for her father's return? How does Everard feel?
5. What memories haunt Everard Gault?
6. What forces the Gaults to leave Italy? Where do they go?
7. Who is the main subject of this chapter? Where is he, and what is he doing?
8. What has happened in history since the previous chapter? How has Ralph fared as a soldier?
9. How does Horahan interpret the return of the Captain? How does he feel?
10. What does Ralph buy? Why does he do it?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on parenting, documenting the roles and responsibilities of parents and children. Be sure to address how parenting has changed over time, and how the experience of today's parents is different from those of previous centuries.
Essay Topic 2
Research and write an essay that serves as a travel guide for someone traveling to Italy. Be sure to include:
1) Common destinations and sites in Italy.
2) Preparations required for an extended vacation in Italy, including some Italian phrases.
3) Customs and experiences unique to Italy.
Essay Topic 3
Research and write an essay that serves as an introductory guide to the grieving process that would be useful to those who have recently experienced a loss.
This section contains 1,584 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)