|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do people believe happened to the Gaults?
2. Where has the Italian leader arrived?
3. What is Mr. Ryall's occupation?
4. What does Henry notice at Paddy Lindon's house?
5. What does Lucy hope will return when she walks on the strand?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Heloise feel in this chapter?
2. What are Ralph's feelings towards Lucy? Do you think they would always stay that way?
3. What was Ralph's childhood like?
4. What memories haunt Everard Gault?
5. How does Lucy feel about leaving? What does she do?
6. What forces the Gaults to leave Italy? Where do they go?
7. How are the events at Lahardane perceived by others?
8. Who is the railway porter? How was he injured?
9. What are Lucy's feelings towards Ralph?
10. How is Ralph's accidental visit to Lahardane regarded by others in the community?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay documenting the challenges and difficulties faced by the elderly in modern society. Be sure to address:
1) Financial, physical, and emotional challenges faced by the elderly.
2) The possible effects of a growing aging population on modern societies.
3) How life expectancies and quality of life has changed throughout history.
Essay Topic 2
Write a personal essay on chance, and the sometimes critical role it can play in how our lives are shaped. Be sure to use the example of Lucy Gault as a reference point in your essay.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay that documents one person's (fictional or real) experience with a physical impairment, such as blindness, mobility issues, and so on. Be sure to address:
1) Difficulties that this person faces every day.
2) Social stigmas associated with the impairment.
3) Quality of life issues.
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)