|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the porter see in his dream?
2. What book does Canon Crosbie give Lucy?
3. What color is the dog that crosses the piazza?
4. Where is the Gault family originally from?
5. What does Ralph have with Lucy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of education does Canon Crosbie want for Lucy, and why can she not get it? What do you think would be best for Lucy?
2. What is the financial and emotional state of Lucy's parents? Where have they gone?
3. How is Ralph's accidental visit to Lahardane regarded by others in the community?
4. How does Heloise feel in this chapter?
5. What was Ralph's childhood like?
6. Why could Lucy not walk back to the house? How did she feel while stranded in the woods?
7. How is Lucy found? What condition is she in?
8. What responses does Mr. Sullivan receive to his inquiries?
9. Describe Ralph's visit with Lucy. What do they talk about?
10. What are Ralph's feelings towards Lucy? Do you think they would always stay that way?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on tragedies. Be sure to address:
1) What makes a film, play, or novel a 'tragedy.'
2) Different styles of tragedies, including some well-known examples.
3) What tragedies can teach us, and the messages that they generally convey to audiences.
Essay Topic 2
Research and write an essay that serves as an introductory guide to the grieving process that would be useful to those who have recently experienced a loss.
Essay Topic 3
Write a short essay that serves as a how-to guide for surviving in the wilderness. The guide can be specialized to fit one specific survival situation (such as deserts or forested areas), or cover the basics to fit a wide range of contexts.
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)