|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are there rumors of in Europe?
2. What language is spoken in the Gault's new home?
3. What is the solace of the soldier?
4. How old is Lucy at the beginning of the story?
5. How does Aloysius Sullivan's neuralgic affliction manifest itself?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Ralph's childhood like?
2. What are Ralph's feelings towards Lucy? Do you think they would always stay that way?
3. What does Lucy look like now?
4. Why could Lucy not walk back to the house? How did she feel while stranded in the woods?
5. How has Lucy changed in this chapter? How is she doing?
6. What are Lucy's feelings towards Ralph?
7. What responses does Mr. Sullivan receive to his inquiries?
8. What type of education does Canon Crosbie want for Lucy, and why can she not get it? What do you think would be best for Lucy?
9. How is Captain Gault affected by his injuries?
10. How do the Gaults spend their time in Italy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on the Second World War. Be sure to address:
1) Causes of the war.
2) How the war was fought and won by Allied powers.
3) The lasting effect of World War Two on world history.
Essay Topic 2
Write a short essay on the topic of missing children. Be sure to address:
1) At least one case of a missing child, how it was handled, and how it was resolved.
2) Programs in place for finding missing children.
3) Ideas for new programs to help find missing children more quickly.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay that documents the history of the Irish Civil War of 1922-1923. Be sure to address:
1) Major parties and individuals of the conflict.
2) Historical context and causes of the conflict.
3) How the war was resolved, and its lasting effect on Irish history and politics until the present day.
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)