|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where should Lucy stay now?
2. What does Horahan not dare to do in the chapel?
3. What faith is Lucy being brought up in?
4. What did Aloysius Sullivan's mother say you could find in a child?
5. Who declares himself for peace, and then for war?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why could Lucy not walk back to the house? How did she feel while stranded in the woods?
2. How does the porter, and later house painter, feel about what he did when he was injured?
3. How has Lucy changed in this chapter? How is she doing?
4. How do the Gaults spend their time in Italy?
5. Who is the new army recruit? Why has he joined the military?
6. How is Lucy found? What condition is she in?
7. How is Lucy treated when she returns to school?
8. How does Lucy see her future and present circumstances?
9. How does Heloise feel in this chapter?
10. What was Ralph's childhood like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a historical essay documenting Italy's role in World War Two. Be sure to address:
1) Benito Mussolini and his government.
2) Reasons for Italy entering the conflict, and why Italy chose the side of the Axis powers.
3) The end of Italy's role in World War Two.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay that serves as a fictional biography of Horahan, the man who as a boy was shot by Captain Gault. Feel free to take artistic license through creative writing to fill in any gaps left by the narrative of the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Write a short essay on the topic of missing children. Be sure to address:
1) At least one case of a missing child, how it was handled, and how it was resolved.
2) Programs in place for finding missing children.
3) Ideas for new programs to help find missing children more quickly.
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)