|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Canon Crosbie know Lucy's father?
2. What book does Canon Crosbie give Lucy?
3. What faith is Lucy being brought up in?
4. Where is the Gault family originally from?
5. What does Mr. O'Reilly do when he sees Lucy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Lucy changed in this chapter? How is she doing?
2. What was Ralph's childhood like?
3. How is Ralph's accidental visit to Lahardane regarded by others in the community?
4. Who is the new army recruit? Why has he joined the military?
5. How does the porter, and later house painter, feel about what he did when he was injured?
6. What forces the Gaults to leave Italy? Where do they go?
7. How is Captain Gault affected by his injuries?
8. What do you think will happen to Everard and Heloise Gault?
9. What are Lucy's feelings towards Ralph?
10. Describe Ralph's visit with Lucy. What do they talk about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Research and write an essay that serves as an introductory guide to the grieving process that would be useful to those who have recently experienced a loss.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on parenting, documenting the roles and responsibilities of parents and children. Be sure to address how parenting has changed over time, and how the experience of today's parents is different from those of previous centuries.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay that documents one person's (fictional or real) experience with a physical impairment, such as blindness, mobility issues, and so on. Be sure to address:
1) Difficulties that this person faces every day.
2) Social stigmas associated with the impairment.
3) Quality of life issues.
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)