Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Gault family originally from?
2. How many fishermen from Kilauran are lost at sea?
3. What is the name of the Gault house in Ireland?
4. What does Canon Crosby ask about?
5. What is the date on the letter that Lucy sends to Ralph?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Everard reflect on his marriage to Heloise?
2. How do the Gaults spend their time in Italy?
3. Describe Everard's journey back to Lahardane.
4. How does Lucy feel now about waiting for her father's return? How does Everard feel?
5. What memories haunt Everard Gault?
6. What forces the Gaults to leave Italy? Where do they go?
7. Who is the main subject of this chapter? Where is he, and what is he doing?
8. What has happened in history since the previous chapter? How has Ralph fared as a soldier?
9. How does Horahan interpret the return of the Captain? How does he feel?
10. What does Ralph buy? Why does he do it?
Write an essay on the Second World War. Be sure to address:
1) Causes of the war.
2) How the war was fought and won by Allied powers.
3) The lasting effect of World War Two on world history.
Write a historical essay documenting Italy's role in World War Two. Be sure to address:
1) Benito Mussolini and his government.
2) Reasons for Italy entering the conflict, and why Italy chose the side of the Axis powers.
3) The end of Italy's role in World War Two.
Write a short essay that serves as a how-to guide for surviving in the wilderness. The guide can be specialized to fit one specific survival situation (such as deserts or forested areas), or cover the basics to fit a wide range of contexts.
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)