|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry rarely take off in the daytime?
2. How does Henry greet Ralph?
3. How does Henry react to the news that Ralph is returning for a visit?
4. What is extended due to the situation in Europe?
5. What is the name of the Gault house in Ireland?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Lucy treated when she returns to school?
2. How is Captain Gault affected by his injuries?
3. How does Lucy and Ralph's correspondence end? What does Lucy regret?
4. Describe Horahan's visit with the Gaults.
5. What changes occur around Lahardane?
6. How is Horahan regarded by others in the Camp? How does he feel?
7. How does Lucy feel about leaving? What does she do?
8. How are Everard and Lucy getting along?
9. What type of education does Canon Crosbie want for Lucy, and why can she not get it? What do you think would be best for Lucy?
10. What happens to Heloise in this chapter?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on the topic of marriage. Be sure to address:
1) How marriage and family has changed over time.
2) The subject of divorce, and legal issues associated with marriage.
3) Advice to those hoping to get married.
Essay Topic 2
Write a personal essay on chance, and the sometimes critical role it can play in how our lives are shaped. Be sure to use the example of Lucy Gault as a reference point in your essay.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay documenting the lasting and failed romance between Lucy and Ralph. Be sure to address:
1) Symbolism visible in their relationship.
2) Barriers and stumbling blocks to Lucy and Ralph being together.
3) Lessons that can be learned from Lucy and Ralph's example.
This section contains 1,731 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)