|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What newspaper does Lucy buy?
(a) The Dublin Spectator.
(b) Irish Times.
(c) Ireland Today.
(d) The New York Times.
2. What does Ralph's father smoke?
(d) A pipe.
3. Where does Henry develop an ache?
(a) His ankles.
(b) His knee.
(c) His shoulder.
(d) His back.
4. What is the great family characteristic of the Stanhopes?
5. What is the Italian doctor's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What would be held on St Cecilia's day?
2. What part of Lahardane has become derelict?
3. What does Lucy look for in Enniseala?
4. What is Lucy's high score in bagatelle?
5. At what time does Lucy wake up?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Lucy and Everard react when they are reunited?
2. What did Heloise believe about what happened to Lucy?
3. What trade is Henry teaching himself?
4. What attracted Everard to military life?
5. What does Ralph buy? Why does he do it?
6. What do the nuns admire about Lucy? How does Lucy feel about her life?
7. Who does Lucy visit? What do other people think about her actions?
8. How does Lucy feel now about waiting for her father's return? How does Everard feel?
9. How is Lucy referred to in this chapter?
10. Who is the main subject of this chapter? Where is he, and what is he doing?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)