|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of Lahardane has become derelict?
(a) The milk shed.
(b) The outhouse.
(c) The gate.
(d) The grass.
2. Where have Ralph's barracks been located?
(a) Dieppe and Stalingrad.
(b) Chesire and Northamptonshire.
(c) Sunderland and Cannington.
(d) Chelsea and Manchester.
3. Where is Matthew Quirke from?
(a) Dublin City.
(b) South Tipperary.
4. What does Madame Vacelles drink?
(d) A cooler.
5. How old is the Captain in this chapter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the old man have in his house?
2. How many times does the driver speak while driving Everard to Kilauran?
3. Who wrote Florence Macarthy?
4. How many men are there on the promenade?
5. What come down to scrabble in the grass?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Everard's journey back to Lahardane.
2. What is Ralph doing now? Is he writing to Lucy?
3. What did Heloise believe about what happened to Lucy?
4. How does Lucy feel now about waiting for her father's return? How does Everard feel?
5. How are Everard and Lucy getting along?
6. What does Ralph buy? Why does he do it?
7. What does Ralph plan to do?
8. How does Lucy and Ralph's correspondence end? What does Lucy regret?
9. Who is the main subject of this chapter? Where is he, and what is he doing?
10. Who does Lucy visit? What do other people think about her actions?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)