|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the wire that gets sent to England?
(a) 'Lucy is alive but in poor health.'
(b) 'Lucy found alive in the woods.'
(c) 'Lucy not dead stop.'
(d) 'Come back immediately re: Lucy.'
2. What does Lucy do with her time now that she has left school?
(b) Learn the piano.
3. What is the new recruit's name?
4. What is carved on the trees?
5. What color is the woodwork in the kitchen?
(a) Dark brown.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the porter shot?
2. What does Henry rarely take off in the daytime?
3. What will Lucy have from now on because of her injuries?
4. Who will help pay for Lucy's upbringing?
5. What does Henry notice at Paddy Lindon's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Ralph's childhood like?
2. What are Everard and Heloise doing in this chapter?
3. How is Captain Gault affected by his injuries?
4. What memories haunt Everard Gault?
5. How has Lucy changed in this chapter? How is she doing?
6. What are Ralph's feelings towards Lucy? Do you think they would always stay that way?
7. How is Horahan regarded by others in the Camp? How does he feel?
8. Who is the railway porter? How was he injured?
9. What are Lucy's feelings towards Ralph?
10. Who is the new army recruit? Why has he joined the military?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)