|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is extended due to the situation in Europe?
(a) Tours of duty.
2. What does Henry notice at Paddy Lindon's house?
(a) An old dog.
(b) A gap in the stone wall.
(c) The sunken roof.
(d) An old coat.
3. What Italian painting do Heloise and Everard see?
(a) The Sacra Conversazione.
(b) The Bugia Enorme.
(c) The Divinità Inesistente.
(d) The Matrimonio Santo.
4. What is the name of the man who unexpectedly finds himself at Lahardane?
5. What does the porter see in his dream?
(a) The bodies of three poisoned dogs.
(b) The body of his dead father.
(c) The bodies of dead IRA soldiers.
(d) The body of a child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Lucy like?
2. What does Lucy do with her time now that she has left school?
3. What is the date on the letter that Lucy sends to Ralph?
4. How old is Lucy at the beginning of the story?
5. How does Henry greet Ralph?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lucy see her future and present circumstances?
2. What are Everard and Heloise doing in this chapter?
3. Who is the new army recruit? Why has he joined the military?
4. What does Lucy look like now?
5. How does Heloise feel?
6. What memories haunt Everard Gault?
7. What responses does Mr. Sullivan receive to his inquiries?
8. How are the events at Lahardane perceived by others?
9. What is the financial and emotional state of Lucy's parents? Where have they gone?
10. How does Heloise feel in this chapter?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)