|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wept when Horahan joined the military?
(a) His girlfriend.
(b) Horahan himself.
(c) His mother.
(d) His sister.
2. Where should Lucy stay now?
(a) In a mental hospital.
(b) In the gate-lodge.
(c) Wherever she chooses.
(d) In the house.
3. How many children are in Lucy's class?
(c) Twenty one.
4. Where is Ralph going to stay?
(a) In a studio apartment in the city.
(b) In Ireland.
(d) With the Ryalls.
5. What do the Gaults do?
(a) Arrange for Lucy to be sent to Italy.
(b) Leave Italy.
(c) Buy a house in Italy.
(d) Take refuge in a vineyard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Lucy's lip stained with?
2. What does Mr. O'Reilly do when he sees Lucy?
3. When do the Gaults leave?
4. In what month does the porter experience a cold day?
5. What were the men who the recruit asked for directions doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the railway porter? How was he injured?
2. What is the financial and emotional state of Lucy's parents? Where have they gone?
3. How do the Gaults spend their time in Italy?
4. What memories haunt Everard Gault?
5. How is Lucy treated when she returns to school?
6. How are the events at Lahardane perceived by others?
7. What are Ralph's feelings towards Lucy? Do you think they would always stay that way?
8. What does Lucy look like now?
9. How does Horahan conduct himself as a soldier?
10. How does the porter, and later house painter, feel about what he did when he was injured?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)