|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the porter shot?
(a) In the leg.
(b) In the shoulder.
(c) In the stomach.
(d) In the back.
2. What is the name of the man who unexpectedly finds himself at Lahardane?
3. What does Bridget enjoy?
(a) A party.
(b) A fuss.
(c) A drink.
(d) A nap.
4. When would Paddy Lindon appear?
(a) New Years Eve.
(d) Corpus Christi.
5. What does the porter see in his dream?
(a) The bodies of three poisoned dogs.
(b) The bodies of dead IRA soldiers.
(c) The body of his dead father.
(d) The body of a child.
6. What does Lucy bring in for tea?
(a) A honeycomb.
(b) Crab apples.
(d) Wild strawberries.
7. How many pages are there in Vanity Fair?
8. What color is the woodwork in the kitchen?
(d) Dark brown.
9. How many children are in Lucy's class?
(b) Twenty one.
10. What does Heloise do outside the church?
(a) Break down crying.
(b) Trip and fall.
(c) Lose her handbag.
(d) Give money to a begger.
11. Why do the yard dogs bark?
(a) They see a fox.
(b) The moon is full.
(c) They smell a stranger.
(d) They hear a car.
12. What language is spoken in the Gault's new home?
13. What do people believe happened to the Gaults?
(a) That they have become victims of poverty or disaster.
(b) That they were killed in the violence in Ireland.
(c) That they have started a new family and forgotten Lucy.
(d) That they were arrested for their crimes abroad.
14. Where do Everard and Heloise order coffee?
(a) Near del Garda.
(b) On the Riva.
(c) In Bensheim.
(d) Outside Virtus.
15. What does Heloise not want Everard to make her do?
(a) Forget Lucy.
(b) Go back.
(c) Have another child.
(d) Get a divorce.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Lucy's lip stained with?
2. What does Everard watch Heloise put in her coffee?
3. What is carved on the trees?
4. What type of cigarette does Henry smoke?
5. Where does Captain Gault shoot the boy?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)