|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Gaults do?
(a) Buy a house in Italy.
(b) Take refuge in a vineyard.
(c) Arrange for Lucy to be sent to Italy.
(d) Leave Italy.
2. What does Ralph have with Lucy?
3. What type of car is IF 19?
4. In what month of 1923 does the conflict in Ireland end?
5. In what month does the porter experience a cold day?
6. Why do the yard dogs bark?
(a) They hear a car.
(b) They smell a stranger.
(c) The moon is full.
(d) They see a fox.
7. What faith is Lucy being brought up in?
8. What part of the farming has Lucy taken up?
9. What book has Lucy recently finished reading?
(a) War and Peace.
(b) Vanity Fair.
(c) Sense and Sensibility.
(d) A Tale of Two Cities.
10. When do the Gaults leave?
(a) October, 1922.
(b) December, 1920.
(c) August, 1919.
(d) September, 1921.
11. What color is the woodwork in the kitchen?
(a) Dark brown.
12. What is the date on the letter that Lucy sends to Ralph?
(a) August 22nd, 1935.
(b) August 1st, 1930.
(c) August 5th, 1936.
(d) August 12th, 1934.
13. What does Lucy bring in for tea?
(a) A honeycomb.
(c) Wild strawberries.
(d) Crab apples.
14. How long has it been since the Gaults left Ireland?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Seventeen years.
(c) Fifteen years.
(d) Sixteen years.
15. What is the number plate on the car that Henry sees?
(a) HJ 22.
(b) VF 65.
(c) IF 19.
(d) GB 11.
Short Answer Questions
1. What building did Horahan once paint the windows of?
2. What are Lucy's lip stained with?
3. How many men did the Grand Old Duke of York have?
4. What did Aloysius Sullivan's mother say you could find in a child?
5. How many children are in Lucy's class?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)