Part 1, Chapter 1 | Part 1, Chapter 2
1. Where does Captain Gault shoot the boy?
(a) In the left leg.
(b) In the right shoulder.
(c) In the back.
(d) In the head.
2. Where is the Gault family originally from?
3. What does Henry rarely take off in the daytime?
(a) His tie.
(b) His sunglasses.
(c) His hat.
(d) His suit jacket.
4. How old is Lucy at the beginning of the story?
5. What name does Lucy like?
6. When do the Gaults leave?
(a) December, 1920.
(b) September, 1921.
(c) October, 1922.
(d) August, 1919.
Part 1, Chapter 3 | Part 1, Chapter 4
7. What will Bridget miss most about the house?
(a) The hardwood floors.
(b) The big old kitchen.
(c) The messy dog-passage.
(d) The warm, inviting glow of the lamplight.
8. What does Henry notice at Paddy Lindon's house?
(a) An old dog.
(b) The sunken roof.
(c) A gap in the stone wall.
(d) An old coat.
9. What are Lucy's lip stained with?
(b) Blackberry juice.
(c) Wild strawberries.
This section contains 2,820 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)