|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the function of medieval towers?
(b) Guest space.
2. Which Florentine church is too far outside Florence for most tourists to visit?
(a) San Miniato.
(b) Santa Trinita.
(c) The Duomo.
(d) Santa Maria Novella.
3. From where did the Florentines take Donatello's "Judith and Holofernes" before bringing it to the Palazzo Vecchio?
(a) The Medici palace.
(c) The Uffizi.
4. What is in the middle of the main piazza of Florence?
(a) A parking lot.
(b) A restaurant with a great deal of outdoor seating.
(c) A statue commemorating Pope Clement VII.
(d) A huge fountain.
5. Who wrote an exaggerated biography of Castruccio Castracane?
6. Who brought about the Donation of Constantine?
(a) Saint Sylvester.
(d) Gregory the Great.
7. According to Chapter 1, who normally sells the postcards in a Florentine church?
(a) The sacristan.
(b) A nun.
(c) The priest.
(d) No one.
8. Who was the wife of Cosimo I?
(a) Anne Tudor.
(b) Eleanor of Toledo.
(c) Margaretta di Lorenzi.
(d) Isabella of Venice.
9. In what year did a flood destroy the Marzocco?
(a) 72 B.C.
10. Who eventually renounced his nude sculpture "Neptune"?
(b) Andrea del Castagno.
11. Which character from Dante's Inferno is mentioned in the first paragraph of Chapter 3?
(c) Cosimo I.
(d) Vanni Fucci.
12. As mentioned in the end of Chapter 3, how long was medieval Florence at peace from political unrest?
(a) One year.
(b) Six years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) One hundred years.
13. What was directly outside the boundaries of ancient Florence?
(a) An amphitheater.
(b) A cemetery.
(c) A moat.
(d) An open sewer.
14. What is the object that is most frequently stolen in Florence?
15. Who wrote the poem "Hermaphroditus"?
(a) Daniel DeFoe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Florence's prospective satellite city?
2. Where did the feud between the Blacks and the Whites begin?
3. What is Donatello's statue of John the Baptist as a boy called?
4. Who wrote a sonnet denouncing Pistoia?
5. What does the author describe in Chapter 2 as "a stone hypodermic needle"?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)