|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who painted the "Primavera" that is discussed in Chapter 6?
(c) Fra Angelico.
2. Which religious sect of medieval Florence was vegetarian and believed that the world was utterly depraved?
(a) The Epicureans.
(b) The Reformers.
(c) The Waldensians.
(d) The Patarenes.
3. Who brought about the Donation of Constantine?
(a) Gregory the Great.
(b) Saint Sylvester.
4. To whom did Petrarch write his love sonnets?
5. According to the information provided in the first paragraph of Chapter 2, who attacked Fiesole?
(c) Attila the Hun.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chapter 1, if you are lost in Florence, whom should you ask for directions?
2. What was the first opera?
3. Before the mid-1700s, on what day did the Florentine calendar start?
4. According to information provided in Chapter 4, which artist was posthumously considered to be "a devil"?
5. Which group of people does the author mention in Chapter 1 as willing to show their city to anyone?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)