|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chapter 6, what colors do the "great Florentine innovators" generally favor in their paintings?
(a) Greens and yellows.
(b) Oranges, reds, and browns.
(c) All colors.
(d) Blues and purples.
2. From where did the stone for the Santa Trinita bridge come?
(b) The Boboli Garden.
(c) The quarries to the north of the city.
3. According to the author in Chapter 4, what artistic idea did the Venetians learn from the Florentines?
(a) Trompe l'oeil.
4. According to the author's opinion as stated in Chapter 1, Italians are not what?
(a) "Accustomed to fast food."
(c) "Willing to sit in traffic."
(d) "Fastidiously religious."
5. As mentioned in Chapter 4, which artist enjoyed witnessing hangings?
(d) Fra Fillipo Lippi.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is buried in the Badia, an abbey?
2. Who painted "Stories of Saint Peter and Original Sin"?
3. What was the name of Florence's prospective satellite city?
4. Who painted the Virgin Mary's head in the fresco of the Annunciation at the church Santissima Annunziata?
5. Which Florentine does the author describe as a "zoophile"?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)