|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disease did the Medicis commonly suffer?
2. Who was the first Florentine Christian martyr?
(a) San Juan de la Cruz.
(b) San Fernando.
(c) Saint Stephen.
(d) San Miniato.
3. Who performed the "egg trick" described in Chapter 5?
(b) Pope Clement VII.
4. What type of political speech does Chapter 3 describe as occurring frequently in Florence since medieval times?
5. Under what medieval Florentine laws could a supposed political dissenter be convicted without evidence?
(a) The Laws of Loyalty.
(b) The Pax Romana.
(c) The Ordinances of Justice.
(d) The Via della Gloriosa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Florentine church housed a respected music school in the fourteenth century?
2. What church replaced the Santa Reparata?
3. The artist mentioned in the first paragraph of Chapter 4 is puzzling over what subject?
4. What was the home of the Roman governor called?
5. According to Chapter 4, what novel contains a painting as the antagonist?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)