|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chapter 4, what was the first major literary work written in Italian?
(a) Daniel DeFoe.
(b) Bella Divina.
(c) The Divine Comedy.
2. Where did Buondelmonte de' Buondelmonti, the bridegroom mentioned in Chapter 2, die?
(a) The Ponte Vecchio.
(b) The Boboli.
(c) The Uffizi.
(d) The Piazza della Republica.
3. Which group of people most commonly gets robbed in Florence?
(b) Germans and Swedes.
4. In what period did grotesquerie begin to become present in Florentine art?
(a) The Romantic period.
(b) The Renaissance.
(c) The Middle Ages.
(d) The Enlightment.
5. Which artist suffered a broken nose as a child?
(d) Fra Fillipo Lippi.
Short Answer Questions
1. As discussed in Chapter 3, who defiled Savonarola's pulpit?
2. On what holiday do Florentine vendors sell crickets?
3. Where was "The Battle of San Romano" originally housed?
4. As mentioned in Chapter 6, which object is prominently venerated in Tuscany?
5. What was Lorenzino de' Medici's nickname?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)