|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the function of medieval towers?
(a) Guest space.
2. Which artist suffered a broken nose as a child?
(d) Fra Fillipo Lippi.
3. As mentioned in Chapter 5, which artists did the Romans think were searching for treasure around the ruins of ancient structures?
(a) Leonardo and Donatello.
(b) Fra Fillipo Lippi and Uccello.
(c) Uccello and Andrea del Castagno.
(d) Brunelleschi and Donatello.
4. What word did Brunelleschi use to describe the figure of Christ on Donatello's crucifix for Santa Croce?
5. According to the medieval conception of Florence, which city is Florence's mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. Under whose leadership were the Patarenes quashed?
2. Which poets touted a "tooled-leather idea of Florence as a dear bit of the old world"?
3. To whom did Petrarch write his love sonnets?
4. According to popular opinion as mentioned by the author in Chapter 4, who is the person represented in the center of "Universal Deluge"?
5. What is the object that is most frequently stolen in Florence?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)