|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is described as the "ideally self-interested despot"?
(a) Don Quixote.
(b) Machiavelli's Prince.
2. What is the name of Michelangelo's famous sculpture, which is mentioned in the first paragraph of Chapter 1?
(c) The Trinity.
(d) The Pieta.
3. Which church does the author describe in Chapter 2 as "half a grain depot to be used in case of emergency, siege, or famine"?
(a) Santa Croce.
(b) The Bargello.
(c) The Duomo.
4. What is the main road between Siena and Rome?
(a) The Via Romana.
(b) The Autobahn.
(c) Highway 375.
(d) The Via Florentina.
5. Who broke the Florentine custom of honoring the public far above the individual?
(b) Pope Clement VII.
(c) Cosimo il Vecchio.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Buondelmonte de' Buondelmonti, the bridegroom mentioned in Chapter 2, die?
2. Which poets touted a "tooled-leather idea of Florence as a dear bit of the old world"?
3. How many arches does the Santa Trinita bridge have?
4. As mentioned in Chapter 2, who carried Donatello's statue of the Infant Jesus into battle?
5. When did the battle of Pistoria take place?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)