|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As mentioned in Chapter 1, what injury was suffered by the woman who was hit by two bicycles?
(a) A cracked skull.
(b) Two broken legs.
(c) A broken arm.
(d) Internal bleeding.
2. When did the battle of Pistoria take place?
(a) 62 B.C.
(b) A.D. 66.
(c) 722 B.C.
(d) 1 B.C.
3. Who was the first Florentine Christian martyr?
(a) San Juan de la Cruz.
(b) Saint Stephen.
(c) San Miniato.
(d) San Fernando.
4. Which group of people most commonly gets robbed in Florence?
(b) Germans and Swedes.
5. Which poets touted a "tooled-leather idea of Florence as a dear bit of the old world"?
(a) Robert Frost and William Carlos Williams.
(b) Keats and Wordsworth.
(c) The Brownings.
(d) The Shelleys.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the poem "Hermaphroditus"?
2. What does the author call "an incubus on its present population"?
3. Who is mentioned in the first sentence of Chapter 2?
4. How many arches does the Santa Trinita bridge have?
5. According to the author's opinion as stated in Chapter 1, Italians are not what?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)