|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where did the Florentines take Donatello's "Judith and Holofernes" before bringing it to the Palazzo Vecchio?
(b) The Medici palace.
(d) The Uffizi.
2. Who is described as the "ideally self-interested despot"?
(c) Machiavelli's Prince.
(d) Don Quixote.
3. What structure in the Piazza della Republica celebrates progress?
(a) The triumphal arch.
(b) The statue of Pope Pius IX.
(c) The statue of a galloping horse.
(d) The bridge over the canal.
4. From where did the stone for the Santa Trinita bridge come?
(c) The quarries to the north of the city.
(d) The Boboli Garden.
5. What day is market day in Florence?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which fresco, created by Uccello, does the author consider to be "an example of Florentine avarice"?
2. What type of political speech does Chapter 3 describe as occurring frequently in Florence since medieval times?
3. The artist mentioned in the first paragraph of Chapter 4 is puzzling over what subject?
4. According to the medieval conception of Florence, which city is Florence's mother?
5. Who painted the Virgin Mary's head in the fresco of the Annunciation at the church Santissima Annunziata?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)