|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does the author cite as building on the artistic endeavors of Uccello and Piero della Francisca?
(a) Vincent van Gogh.
(b) Andy Warhol.
(c) Jackson Pollock.
(d) Pablo Picasso.
2. As mentioned at the end of Chapter 1, who hid in the German Institute during World War II?
3. What was the function of medieval towers?
(a) Guest space.
4. According to information provided in Chapter 4, which artist was posthumously considered to be "a devil"?
(d) Andrea del Castagno.
5. Whom did Dante see at the Badia?
(d) Catherine of Siena.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before the mid-1700s, on what day did the Florentine calendar start?
2. Who was the first Florentine Christian martyr?
3. What is the name of Michelangelo's famous sculpture, which is mentioned in the first paragraph of Chapter 1?
4. When were the statues that decorated the Santa Trinita bridge sculpted?
5. How did Florentine art express the concept of infamy?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)