|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who created the fresco "Universal Deluge"?
(b) Andrea del Castagno.
2. Who was the wife of Cosimo I?
(a) Eleanor of Toledo.
(b) Isabella of Venice.
(c) Margaretta di Lorenzi.
(d) Anne Tudor.
3. According to Chapter 4, what novel contains a painting as the antagonist?
(a) The Picture of Dorian Grey.
(b) The Sound and the Fury.
(c) Gravity's Rainbow.
(d) Finnegan's Wake.
4. Which fresco, created by Uccello, does the author consider to be "an example of Florentine avarice"?
(a) Historie Fiorentine.
(b) The monument of Sir John Hawkwood.
(c) "The Battle of San Romano."
(d) "The Creation of Eve and the Fall."
5. What museum in Florence does the author call "a picture gallery" in Chapter 4?
(a) The Museum of the Works of the Duomo.
(b) The Uffizi.
(c) The Boboli Garden.
(d) The Bargello.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the river that runs through Florence?
2. According to Chapter 2, by the time Michelangelo was an old man, who could afford to commission a work from him?
3. What type of political speech does Chapter 3 describe as occurring frequently in Florence since medieval times?
4. Which religious sect of medieval Florence was vegetarian and believed that the world was utterly depraved?
5. According to information provided in Chapter 4, which artist was posthumously considered to be "a devil"?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)