|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chapter 6, what colors do the "great Florentine innovators" generally favor in their paintings?
(a) Oranges, reds, and browns.
(b) All colors.
(c) Blues and purples.
(d) Greens and yellows.
2. According to the information provided in the first paragraph of Chapter 2, who attacked Fiesole?
(b) Attila the Hun.
3. In what year did a flood destroy the Marzocco?
(b) 72 B.C.
4. To what character in Greek mythology does the author compare the "Madonna with the Pomegranate"?
5. What object did Toscanelli add to the Duomo, as mentioned in Chapter 4?
(a) A metronome.
(b) A gnomon.
(c) A spiral staircase.
(d) A pipe organ.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who painted the "Primavera" that is discussed in Chapter 6?
2. Whom does the author cite as building on the artistic endeavors of Uccello and Piero della Francisca?
3. Who wrote the instructional booklet Della Pittura?
4. According to Chapter 6, what color is prominent in the paintings of the "springtime painters"?
5. In what work does Milton mention Florence three times?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)