|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chapter 6, what are the two extreme images in Florentine painting?
(a) The Fall and the Nativity.
(b) The Crucifixion and the Annunciation.
(c) The Flood and the Resurrection.
(d) The Crucifixion and the Resurrection.
2. According to information provided in Chapter 4, which artist was posthumously considered to be "a devil"?
(a) Andrea del Castagno.
3. As mentioned in Chapter 4, which artist enjoyed witnessing hangings?
(c) Fra Fillipo Lippi.
4. Who eventually renounced his nude sculpture "Neptune"?
(d) Andrea del Castagno.
5. When did the Spanish military overthrow the Florentine Republic?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was "The Battle of San Romano" originally housed?
2. To what character in Greek mythology does the author compare the "Madonna with the Pomegranate"?
3. Where did Buondelmonte de' Buondelmonti, the bridegroom mentioned in Chapter 2, die?
4. Who painted the "Primavera" that is discussed in Chapter 6?
5. According to Chapter 6, who was the only Florentine diplomat?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)