|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the poem "Ode to the West Wind"?
(a) Percy Bysshe Shelley.
(b) Robert Frost.
(c) Robert Browning.
(d) Edgar Allan Poe.
2. What is the title of the hymn that Chapter 6 mentions as having been composed by one of Savonarola's adherents?
(a) "Crazy for Jesus."
(b) "O Sacred Head."
(c) "Fairest Lord Jesus."
(d) "Beneath the Cross of Jesus."
3. Who wrote the instructional booklet Della Pittura?
(a) Paolo Uccello.
(b) Leon Battista Alberti.
4. How old was Dante when he fought in the battle of Campaldino?
5. What is Donatello's statue of John the Baptist as a boy called?
(a) San Giovannino.
(b) Little John.
(c) The Voice in the Wilderness.
(d) San Giovanni ante Baptiste.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who killed Giuliano, according to the tale related in Chapter 6?
2. As mentioned in Chapter 2, in Dante's Inferno, which Florentine is in Hell with the heretics and Epicureans?
3. What does the author describe in Chapter 2 as "a stone hypodermic needle"?
4. From where did the stone for the Santa Trinita bridge come?
5. What was Paolo Uccello's birth name?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)