|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the people to begin to feel less depressed than they have in awhile?
2. Who has always been so peaceful, so the crew members don't think that the new stranger might be dangerous?
3. Whose illness is very serious and the crew tries to find ways to heal this person?
4. The Kashan villagers think the humans are like __________ who need to be protected from those who would hunt them.
5. Who decides to finally get married when they are on the planet together, much to the delight of the villagers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The concept of space travel is one that has fascinated and frightened people for years. Some believe it is a waste, while others believe it is essential.
Part 1: Do you think that space travel is important? Why or why not?
Part 2: Why do you think that people are interested in finding out more about other planets?
Part 3: Do you think there are ways in which other planets might be able to help Earth? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The media is very interested in finding out what happened when Sandoz and the others were on the other planet.
Part 1: Do you think the media should have given Sandoz and the others some time to heal first?
Part 2: Why do you think the media were so interested in the story of Sandoz?
Part 3: How do you think the media could have handled their reaction better? Or might others have helped the media in other ways?
Essay Topic 3
The crew that steps on the new planet seems to be be doing one thing - demanding answers of God so that humans can become closer to God.
Part 1: Why do you think the humans try to find proof for God?
Part 2: Do you think that it's possible for humans to demand answers of God? Is this right?
Part 3: Can humans ever become closer to God because of proof? Or are there other ways to become closer to God?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)