|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. ____________ is simply not an eventful or a sentimental process for those in the Runa culture.
2. Through his entire priesthood, Sandoz was always knowledgeable about God, but the significance was never ____________.
3. Hlavin carries the title of Reshtar, a third born, and has been trained to ______________.
4. What are the color of the markings around the eyes of the natives, according to the crew's description?
5. Anne and Sandoz talk about what it's like for him to have so many __________ in his head at the same time.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sofia is a Jew of Spanish ancestry, which causes her to be persecuted and thus a little defensive.
Part 1: How do you think Sofia has been mistreated because of her background?
Part 2: Do you treat people differently because of their heritage? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think that Sofia is treated differently? What is it about her background that is so reprehensible?
Essay Topic 2
Sandoz begins to discover that he has real feelings in relation to God, as opposed to simply having a logical connection to his creator.
Part 1: Why do you think the Sandoz begins to feel more closely connected to God as a result of this trip?
Part 2: Do you think it's okay for priests to simply have a logical, rather than emotional, connection to God? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think the deeper connection to God scares Sandoz? Should it?
Essay Topic 3
The crew doesn't feel threatened when a new native enters their cookout, but they are quickly shown that not all natives are friendly.
Part 1: Do you think it's a better idea to trust all the natives or not? Why?
Part 2: How do you think the crew could have reacted to the stranger in order to find out if he was threatening or not?
Part 3: Why do you think Supaari decided not to kill Sandoz when he had the chance?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)