|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Anne reveals that from Supaari he has learned that the humans have mixed up __________ roles for the people.
2. D.W. says that he wants to make sure that Marc is appointed to be the ___________ once D.W. is dead.
3. Who is the first to realize what it means when the lander comes back to the village with Marc and Sofia?
4. Anne and Sandoz talk about what it's like for him to have so many __________ in his head at the same time.
5. What is the one thing which is missing from the homes of the natives that makes them unlike human homes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The media is very interested in finding out what happened when Sandoz and the others were on the other planet.
Part 1: Do you think the media should have given Sandoz and the others some time to heal first?
Part 2: Why do you think the media were so interested in the story of Sandoz?
Part 3: How do you think the media could have handled their reaction better? Or might others have helped the media in other ways?
Essay Topic 2
Sandoz seems to be a man who is truly of God, always looking for ways to help others and to help them feel better about themselves.
Part 1: Why do you think that Sandoz is always trying to help others?
Part 2: Do you think that Sandoz ever wants anything in return for the good deeds he does? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think that you could ever be as good of a person as Sandoz seems to be? Why or why no?
Essay Topic 3
Sandoz decides in the beginning to refuse to talk about what transpired when he was on Rakhat, much to the dismay of the community.
Part 1: Why do you think that Sandoz didn't want to talk about what happened on the planet?
Part 2: Do you think that Sandoz should have been forced to talk about his experience on the planet?
Part 3: Do you think that you could have talked about your experience on a new planet when you first arrived back on Earth? Why or why not?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)