|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The _________ Consortium was one of the financial backers of the mission who fed the drama in exchange for attention and money.
2. What does Sofia call Ian in order to secure for the trip to the new planet during the mission?
3. Anne and George decide to explore ____________ at zero gravity as a part of their new life in space.
4. The ____________ ambassador arrives after the discovery of the music has been related to several people.
5. What is the profession of Alan Pace, one of the members of the crew of the spaceship to the new planet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sandoz say that he plans to do after telling Candotti that he does not want to talk about what happened on Rakhat?
2. What happens as a result of the permission given by Supaari to start a garden in the land?
3. What does Voelker believe about the crew that went to Rakhat, a critic of the mission as a whole?
4. What happens when Candotti finally finds Sandoz after he's seemingly wandered off?
5. What is the explanation that Sandoz gives when Anne finds him in the clinic one night, injured?
6. What do Marc and Sofia decide to do once they regain consciousness after their accident in the Ultra Light?
7. Why does Sofia decide to contact Ian Sekizawa as the planning of the mission begins?
8. What is the situation of the crew of the Stella Maris, now that the lander has been used?
9. What will be revealed about the mission even if Sandoz will not share his own personal experiences with others?
10. What causes the crew members to begin to keep their minds off of their great loss of life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Runa do not know of sickness, only of sickness of the heart, so they can not help D.W.
Part 1: Do you think the D.W. was suffering from sickness of the heart? Why or why not?
Part 2: Is it possible that all illness comes from a sickness of the heart? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think the Runa could have helped D.W. recover? Or couldn't they?
Essay Topic 2
The concept of space travel is one that has fascinated and frightened people for years. Some believe it is a waste, while others believe it is essential.
Part 1: Do you think that space travel is important? Why or why not?
Part 2: Why do you think that people are interested in finding out more about other planets?
Part 3: Do you think there are ways in which other planets might be able to help Earth? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
As Sandoz is such a good person, what happens to him on the planet seems cruel and unjust.
Part 1: Why do you think that Sandoz is the character to experience the most pain and the most evil, it seems?
Part 2: Do you think that Sandoz is closer to God as a result or not as close to God? Why?
Part 3: Do you think that Sandoz's experience shows that there isn't a God to protect those he loves? Why or why not?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)