|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. It wasn't until ___________ is found that all of the backers scramble to avoid any scandal related to the space mission.
2. Where is the next assignment of Sofia's after she is done with Sandoz? The U.S. _________ War College.
3. Sofia plays the _________ as Jimmy begins to sing a love song that is obviously directed to her as well.
4. What happened as a result of the information being shared that the Society of Jesus was sending a ship into space?
5. Sandoz was encouraged to take on a ____________ position at the university, but Sandoz feels he has unfinished business.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the explanation that Sandoz gives when Anne finds him in the clinic one night, injured?
2. What is the situation of the crew of the Stella Maris, now that the lander has been used?
3. What does Sandoz want to do after he has completed his assignment with Sofia?
4. How does Sandoz put the children of the people at ease, which makes everyone feel more at ease with each other?
5. What is the only way that Supaari would be able to raise children without doing so illegally?
6. What is the father of a child not allowed to be in the Runa culture?
7. What happens to Jimmy Quinn after he has made the discovery of the extra-terrestrial music?
8. What does Candotti say when Sandoz asks him whether he experiences God in his own life?
9. Why does Giuliani believe that Sandoz is guilty for the actions that took place on Rakhat?
10. What causes the crew members to begin to keep their minds off of their great loss of life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Once the discovery has been made, it seems that the entire world wants to compete in order to learn the most in the least amount of time.
Part 1: Why do you think the kids stole a copy of Jimmy's code needed to reproduce the music?
Part 2: Why do you think the entire world suddenly wanted to know more about the singing?
Part 3: Do you think the rest of the world cared about the discovery or did they just want to compete with other countries in order to 'win'? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Sofia is a Jew of Spanish ancestry, which causes her to be persecuted and thus a little defensive.
Part 1: How do you think Sofia has been mistreated because of her background?
Part 2: Do you treat people differently because of their heritage? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think that Sofia is treated differently? What is it about her background that is so reprehensible?
Essay Topic 3
While Sandoz is outfitted with prosthetics which allow him to function better, these only serve to make him feel worse.
Part 1: Do you think that having prosthetics would be an enjoyable experience? Why or why not?
Part 2: Why do you think that Sandoz is still upset even though he can use his hands more?
Part 3: Do you think Sandoz is being ungrateful? Why or why not?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)