|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Father Sandoz is a native of Puerto Rico and has a doctorate in _____________, according to the story.
(a) Planetary aid.
(d) Computer science.
2. What is the one physical symptom that everyone has as they are getting accustomed to the sensation of zero gravity?
(b) Ringing ears.
(d) Weight loss.
3. Who is Jimmy jealous of that prompts him to leave the dinner party a bit earlier than everyone else?
4. Sofia plays the _________ as Jimmy begins to sing a love song that is obviously directed to her as well.
5. Who is hired by the Jesuit society in order to get the mission off the ground and into the universe to find the planet?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the asteroid made vehicle that the crew will be taking to the new planet?
2. When the new crew came to the planet, they found that ___________ was living in a house of prostitution.
3. Sandoz, at first, refuses to talk about what happened to him on the planet, saying that he will withdraw from the Society of ____________.
4. What does Candotti offer to Sandoz, though this offer is met with much hostility?
5. What is the question that Sandoz poses to Candotti when Candotti tries to ask him about the mission? "Do you ___________ God?"
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the children of the Runa people know so many languages, as the crew finds out?
2. What is so interesting about the homes the crew finds when they are looking into a village they've discovered?
3. What is the sort of sickness of which the Runa are familiar, according to this section of the book?
4. What is discovered about the breeding status of the Runa as the book continues?
5. Why does Anne have difficulty believing in God, according to her conversation with Sandoz?
6. Why does Jimmy turn to Sandoz in order to get advice on how to remain celibate during their time in the ship?
7. Why do the Kashan villagers decide to keep close to the humans after the murders of Anne and D.W.?
8. Why does Giuliani believe that Sandoz is guilty for the actions that took place on Rakhat?
9. What does Sandoz reveal about the sexuality of the Runa, according to his experiences on the planet?
10. What happens when Candotti finally finds Sandoz after he's seemingly wandered off?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)