|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the next assignment of Sofia's after she is done with Sandoz? The U.S. _________ War College.
(d) Air Force.
2. Sofia plays the _________ as Jimmy begins to sing a love song that is obviously directed to her as well.
3. The ____________ ambassador arrives after the discovery of the music has been related to several people.
4. Father Sandoz is a native of Puerto Rico and has a doctorate in _____________, according to the story.
(a) Computer science.
(c) Planetary aid.
5. As a result of his finding, Jimmy receives a promotion and gains a staff of _______________ to help research anything they can find about the transmission.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is NOT one of the members of the crew that had gone to the foreign planet in order to learn more?
2. What is the profession of Alan Pace, one of the members of the crew of the spaceship to the new planet?
3. What happens to allow the people of the Society of Jesus to stop questioning the investment?
4. Jimmy Quinn proposes to study one or several AI programs and the ______________ that each program is based on.
5. Who asks Father Sandoz for assistance in learning how to cope with celibacy during their time on the ship?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the situation of the crew of the Stella Maris, now that the lander has been used?
2. What does Sandoz reveal about the sexuality of the Runa, according to his experiences on the planet?
3. Why does Anne have difficulty believing in God, according to her conversation with Sandoz?
4. How does Sandoz put the children of the people at ease, which makes everyone feel more at ease with each other?
5. What does Giuliani remind Voelker is the purpose of the inquisition into Sandoz?
6. How does Sandoz feel about the new prosthetic technology that he is given as a result of his injuries?
7. What causes the crew members to begin to keep their minds off of their great loss of life?
8. Why do the children of the Runa people know so many languages, as the crew finds out?
9. Why does D.W.'s heart drop when he hears the sound of the lander coming back into the village?
10. What is a part of Supaari's life because of his position in terms of order in his family?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)