|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Father Sandoz is a native of Puerto Rico and has a doctorate in _____________, according to the story.
(a) Planetary aid.
(d) Computer science.
2. When the new crew came to the planet, they found that ___________ was living in a house of prostitution.
3. As a result of the tension on the planet, Wu and Isley send ____________ home on the Stella Maris, but then are never heard from again.
4. Once back where he wants to be, Sandoz begins to shape up the ____________ by recruiting children and taking a special interest in one.
5. Where do Candotti, Edwards, and his assistant, Voelker, decide they should send Sandoz to recover?
(c) The Alps.
Short Answer Questions
1. In five months of traveling on the ship, how many years have passed on Earth?
2. What happens to allow the people of the Society of Jesus to stop questioning the investment?
3. When Sandoz comes into the medical clinic late one night, injured, who does he say hurt him?
4. What happened as a result of the information being shared that the Society of Jesus was sending a ship into space?
5. _____________ is adamant about staying clear of the mission, even after the music has been heard.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sandoz find out about all of the works that the crew of the Stella Maris sent home?
2. What happens as a result of the permission given by Supaari to start a garden in the land?
3. What does Candotti say when Sandoz asks him whether he experiences God in his own life?
4. What happened to Sofia after her mother was killed in the Second Kurdish War?
5. What is Marc able to witness when he is disguised as a Jana'ata and heads out with Supaari?
6. What happens to Jimmy Quinn after he has made the discovery of the extra-terrestrial music?
7. What does Giuliani remind Voelker is the purpose of the inquisition into Sandoz?
8. What does Sandoz discover may be the root of Sofia's hostility toward him during their meetings?
9. Why does Anne have difficulty believing in God, according to her conversation with Sandoz?
10. What is the sort of sickness of which the Runa are familiar, according to this section of the book?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)