|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the foreign planet to which Sandoz and some others traveled in this story?
2. Sandoz will never completely recover so he is fitted with _____________ technology in order to help him function.
3. Who is Jimmy jealous of that prompts him to leave the dinner party a bit earlier than everyone else?
4. Giuliani tells Sandoz that he is unimpressed by his ___________, and that others have broken their vows too.
(d) Self pity.
5. What happened as a result of the information being shared that the Society of Jesus was sending a ship into space?
(a) Other ships followed.
(c) Public outcry.
(d) The pope was displeased.
Short Answer Questions
1. Given the reaction Sandoz had to the ____________ slipped into his room, Giuliani believes Sandoz to be guilty of wrongdoing.
2. Sandoz says that God will _______________ one's heart, according to his own personal belief and experience.
3. What did Sofia turn to after she lost her entire family to the war? How did she support herself?
4. What is the response of Jimmy Quinn's supervisor when this person hears of the plan to continue working and studying?
5. Candotti answers through _________________ due to all that God has provided to man, he can answer Sandoz's question in the affirmative.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the Kashan villagers decide to keep close to the humans after the murders of Anne and D.W.?
2. What happens when the Stella Maris launches and Anne begins to float in the cabin?
3. What is the father of a child not allowed to be in the Runa culture?
4. How does Sandoz feel about the new prosthetic technology that he is given as a result of his injuries?
5. At the last meeting between Sandoz and Sofia, what does he learn about her?
6. Why does Anne have difficulty believing in God, according to her conversation with Sandoz?
7. What does Giuliani remind Voelker is the purpose of the inquisition into Sandoz?
8. Why don't the crew members respond with fear to the stranger that approaches the camp during a cookout?
9. What is the explanation that Sandoz gives when Anne finds him in the clinic one night, injured?
10. What does Sandoz tell Anne about the idea of blaming God for things which have gone wrong?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)