|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only means of the crew to get off the planet, according to their recent revelation?
(a) A new asteroid they found.
(b) The Stella Maris.
(d) The natives.
2. Supaari gives the humans permission to start a ___________, though this seems to have negative consequences.
3. Who is the first to realize what it means when the lander comes back to the village with Marc and Sofia?
4. Supaari tells the humans that the Runa are afraid of __________ as this often marks Jana'ata activities which scare them.
5. Where does the crew decide to land on the planet in order to become accustomed to the land and to the inhabitants?
(a) The middle of a village.
(b) In a storage facility.
(c) A deserted area.
(d) Near the water.
6. Who decides to kneel when the natives come forward in order to be at the same height as the one that approached?
7. On the other side of the village, the ___________ crashes with Marc and Sofia inside of it.
(a) Range Rover.
(c) Ultra Low.
(d) Ultra Light.
8. Anne reveals that from Supaari he has learned that the humans have mixed up __________ roles for the people.
9. Sandoz finds out from __________ that all of the works that the crew of the Stella Maris send home were not published.
10. Whose illness is very serious and the crew tries to find ways to heal this person?
11. Giuliani reminds Sandoz that the information from the trip belongs to _____________ and not to Sandoz.
(a) The Jesuit Society.
(c) The world.
(d) The Pope.
12. What is the one thing which is missing from the homes of the natives that makes them unlike human homes?
13. What is the name of the child who Sandoz meets as they are making introductions to each other?
14. Askama asks ____________ if they can ever be happy again, which is a touching moment in the story.
15. Which of the crew members faints at the news that the planet is one which can sustain life?
Short Answer Questions
1. Anne has difficulty believing in God because He gets all of the _____________, but none of the blame.
2. As Sandoz watches Jimmy and Sofia become closer and closer, he realizes just how ___________ his and Sofia's love is.
3. The humans send Sofia and Marc to the _________ for supplies after the Runa villagers leave for a harvest of pik root.
4. The Kashan villagers think the humans are like __________ who need to be protected from those who would hunt them.
5. What is the first indication the humans have that something is terribly wrong in the village?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)