|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Because the Runa live mostly by trade, they need to know many _____________ in order to communicate.
(a) Money systems.
2. Anne has difficulty believing in God because He gets all of the _____________, but none of the blame.
3. Supaari tells the humans that the Runa are afraid of __________ as this often marks Jana'ata activities which scare them.
4. Supaari gives the humans permission to start a ___________, though this seems to have negative consequences.
5. The Kashan villagers keep close to the __________ after all they have experienced in the last few days.
6. Who has always been so peaceful, so the crew members don't think that the new stranger might be dangerous?
7. Marc notes that God _________ when his children challenge him and use their minds to learn more about themselves and the world.
(b) Becomes angry.
8. Sandoz also begins to realize that he was also giving up his hope of ever becoming a _________ during his life.
9. Hlavin is beyond words when he receives a beautiful ______________ with aromatic kernels from Supaari.
(a) Crystal flask.
(c) Wooden chest.
(d) Burlap sack.
10. As Sandoz watches Jimmy and Sofia become closer and closer, he realizes just how ___________ his and Sofia's love is.
11. On the other side of the village, the ___________ crashes with Marc and Sofia inside of it.
(a) Range Rover.
(b) Ultra Light.
(c) Ultra Low.
12. Who does D.W. want to co-pilot the trip back to the Stella Maris for fuel, according to his conversation with Anne?
13. Where does the crew decide to land on the planet in order to become accustomed to the land and to the inhabitants?
(a) A deserted area.
(b) In a storage facility.
(c) Near the water.
(d) The middle of a village.
14. What do D.W. and Marc find when they head out for a scouting mission and then come back with this news?
(a) A village.
(b) A church.
(c) A storage bunker.
(d) A settlement of Americans.
15. During a visit with Supaari, the Runa begin to understand the humans' need for _________, so they get their own apartments.
(d) Clean floors.
Short Answer Questions
1. The humans send Sofia and Marc to the _________ for supplies after the Runa villagers leave for a harvest of pik root.
2. Anne and Sandoz talk about what it's like for him to have so many __________ in his head at the same time.
3. What is the name of the child who Sandoz meets as they are making introductions to each other?
4. Who takes the news of being stuck on Rakhat the hardest and tries to engineer a way for them to leave?
5. Who decides to kneel when the natives come forward in order to be at the same height as the one that approached?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)