|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the analogy that Anne uses in order to talk to Sandoz about his new feelings about God?
2. The Runa only know of the sickness of the _______________, wanting something that you cannot have.
3. Which of the crew members faints at the news that the planet is one which can sustain life?
4. Giuliani reminds Sandoz that the information from the trip belongs to _____________ and not to Sandoz.
(a) The world.
(c) The Jesuit Society.
(d) The Pope.
5. Supaari thinks about how his position as a ______________ causes him to be excluded from certain rights in society.
(a) Second born.
(b) First born.
(c) Third born.
(d) Fourth born.
6. Who is the first to realize what it means when the lander comes back to the village with Marc and Sofia?
7. Who begins to pick up rocks, leaves, and flowers as they are walking during the mission to find natives?
8. What do D.W. and Marc find when they head out for a scouting mission and then come back with this news?
(a) A church.
(b) A storage bunker.
(c) A village.
(d) A settlement of Americans.
9. What causes the village to be difficult to find at first on the mission of the crew?
(c) The nighttime.
10. D.W. says that he wants to make sure that Marc is appointed to be the ___________ once D.W. is dead.
(a) Father Superior.
11. Giuliani informs Sandoz that Sofia was a ______________________ and that this fact would affect the credibility of the findings.
(a) Child prostitute.
12. During a visit with Supaari, the Runa begin to understand the humans' need for _________, so they get their own apartments.
(a) Clean floors.
13. Who decides to finally get married when they are on the planet together, much to the delight of the villagers?
(a) George and Anne.
(b) Sofia and Sandoz.
(c) Jimmy and Anne.
(d) Jimmy and Sofia.
14. Supaari gives the humans permission to start a ___________, though this seems to have negative consequences.
15. Marc notes that God _________ when his children challenge him and use their minds to learn more about themselves and the world.
(b) Becomes angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sandoz tells Anne to go ahead and _________ God for things she feels are necessary, if that will help her to believe.
2. As a result of the way things have changed, Sandoz decides to make the choice to follow his vows to _____________.
3. What is the name of the child who Sandoz meets as they are making introductions to each other?
4. What is the only means of the crew to get off the planet, according to their recent revelation?
5. Demanding that God reveal his __________ could help lead humans to come closer to God.
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)