|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has been used up as a result of Marc and Sofia taking the lander back to the village to be safe?
2. Sandoz also begins to realize that he was also giving up his hope of ever becoming a _________ during his life.
3. D.W. says that he wants to make sure that Marc is appointed to be the ___________ once D.W. is dead.
(d) Father Superior.
4. The only way for Supaari to gain the rights that he wants is to be declared _________________ by Hlavin Kitheri.
(a) Honor bringer.
5. Who begins to pick up rocks, leaves, and flowers as they are walking during the mission to find natives?
6. Who has always been so peaceful, so the crew members don't think that the new stranger might be dangerous?
7. Anne and Sandoz talk about what it's like for him to have so many __________ in his head at the same time.
8. ____________ is simply not an eventful or a sentimental process for those in the Runa culture.
9. As Sandoz watches Jimmy and Sofia become closer and closer, he realizes just how ___________ his and Sofia's love is.
10. What was the color of the natives when the crew members happen upon them in the village?
11. Sandoz tells Anne to go ahead and _________ God for things she feels are necessary, if that will help her to believe.
(a) Laugh at.
(b) Pray to.
12. How many moons does the new planet have which Jimmy spots as the ship continues on?
13. Hlavin is beyond words when he receives a beautiful ______________ with aromatic kernels from Supaari.
(a) Crystal flask.
(b) Wooden chest.
(c) Burlap sack.
14. Demanding that God reveal his __________ could help lead humans to come closer to God.
15. What do D.W. and Marc find when they head out for a scouting mission and then come back with this news?
(a) A settlement of Americans.
(b) A church.
(c) A village.
(d) A storage bunker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first indication the humans have that something is terribly wrong in the village?
2. Askama asks ____________ if they can ever be happy again, which is a touching moment in the story.
3. Which of the crew members faints at the news that the planet is one which can sustain life?
4. Through his entire priesthood, Sandoz was always knowledgeable about God, but the significance was never ____________.
5. Where does the crew decide to land on the planet in order to become accustomed to the land and to the inhabitants?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)