|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is in the food that the humans grow which causes the Runa to reproduce at much higher rates than they may want?
(c) Artificial ingredients.
2. What is the analogy that Anne uses in order to talk to Sandoz about his new feelings about God?
3. The humans send Sofia and Marc to the _________ for supplies after the Runa villagers leave for a harvest of pik root.
4. During a visit with Supaari, the Runa begin to understand the humans' need for _________, so they get their own apartments.
(d) Clean floors.
5. Anne and Sandoz talk about what it's like for him to have so many __________ in his head at the same time.
6. Supaari thinks about how his position as a ______________ causes him to be excluded from certain rights in society.
(a) Fourth born.
(b) First born.
(c) Second born.
(d) Third born.
7. Who is the first one who will step out of the ship in order to touch the foreign soil?
8. Whose demeanor suddenly shifts to one of being a leader once the discovery of the planet has occurred?
9. How many moons does the new planet have which Jimmy spots as the ship continues on?
10. The only way for Supaari to gain the rights that he wants is to be declared _________________ by Hlavin Kitheri.
(a) Honor bringer.
11. Giuliani reminds Sandoz that the information from the trip belongs to _____________ and not to Sandoz.
(b) The world.
(c) The Pope.
(d) The Jesuit Society.
12. _________ becomes close to Supaari who understands humor and irony and has an honest perspective of the Jana'ata.
13. What does Sandoz suggest in order to lift the mood of everyone when they begin to realize they are stuck on the planet?
(a) A swim.
(b) Building a house.
14. Who has always been so peaceful, so the crew members don't think that the new stranger might be dangerous?
15. What is the first indication the humans have that something is terribly wrong in the village?
(a) Blood on the ground.
(b) Their homes are destroyed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Supaari tells the humans that the Runa are afraid of __________ as this often marks Jana'ata activities which scare them.
2. As Sandoz watches Jimmy and Sofia become closer and closer, he realizes just how ___________ his and Sofia's love is.
3. The natives are large in stature, with large mobile __________, carried high on the sides of their heads.
4. Hlavin carries the title of Reshtar, a third born, and has been trained to ______________.
5. Who takes the news of being stuck on Rakhat the hardest and tries to engineer a way for them to leave?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)