|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is hired by the Jesuit society in order to get the mission off the ground and into the universe to find the planet?
2. Sandoz continues to try to recover, trying to eat _____________ on the day that Candotti comes to visit again.
3. What does Sofia call Ian in order to secure for the trip to the new planet during the mission?
(a) A hovercraft.
(b) An asteroid.
(c) A spaceship.
(d) An airplace.
4. Giuliani tells Sandoz that he is unimpressed by his ___________, and that others have broken their vows too.
(b) Self pity.
5. What is the profession of one of the critics who thinks that Sandoz is guilty of wrongdoing while he was on the foreign planet?
6. What is the profession of Anne, the woman Jimmy meets through George, a volunteer at Arecibo?
7. How long does Giuliani give Sandoz to recover and to treat his body well before he has to share his experiences with others?
(a) One week.
(b) Six months.
(c) One year.
(d) Two months.
8. Jimmy Quinn describes that his job with Sofia will entail - the searching for ____________ signals.
(b) Space ship.
9. Given the reaction Sandoz had to the ____________ slipped into his room, Giuliani believes Sandoz to be guilty of wrongdoing.
10. Together, Sofia and Sandoz have sessions __________ times per week, though they are not smooth at first.
11. Where does Sandoz request to return once his assignment with Sofia Mendes is complete?
(b) La Perla.
12. What is a nickname that is given to Sofia Mendes for the profession and position she holds?
13. Giuliani reminds Voelker that Sandoz is not ____________ and that their purpose is simply to gather the necessary information about the mission.
(a) A civilian.
(d) On trial.
14. When this person begins to float as the spaceship takes off, they begin to experience God and become certain God exists. Who is this person?
15. Sandoz, at first, refuses to talk about what happened to him on the planet, saying that he will withdraw from the Society of ____________.
(a) Holy Spirit.
Short Answer Questions
1. In five months of traveling on the ship, how many years have passed on Earth?
2. Jimmy is happy, however, that he had _________ months of experience working at Arecibo before he gets fired.
3. What happens to allow the people of the Society of Jesus to stop questioning the investment?
4. What is the profession of Alan Pace, one of the members of the crew of the spaceship to the new planet?
5. As a result of the tension on the planet, Wu and Isley send ____________ home on the Stella Maris, but then are never heard from again.
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)