|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At which university did Sofia and Father Sandoz meet and subsequently study together in the book?
(a) John Carroll.
2. What is the profession of one of the critics who thinks that Sandoz is guilty of wrongdoing while he was on the foreign planet?
3. Sofia confesses that she is bound to a ____________ by a broker who is paying for her tuition.
(a) Verbal agreement.
(b) Life of prostitution.
(c) Blood writing.
4. What is the response of Jimmy Quinn's supervisor when this person hears of the plan to continue working and studying?
(a) They will consider it.
(b) They deny it.
(c) They immediately approve it.
(d) They call him a madman.
5. What did Jean-Claude Jaubert offer to Sofia as a way for her to get out of her position?
(b) A contracted life.
(c) A new home.
(d) A large pile of money.
6. Who does Jimmy Quinn call after he listens to space and hears a beautiful piece of extraterrestrial music?
7. Anne believes that Sofia is a __________ of Spanish ancestry, which might be why Sofia is being so mean to Sandoz.
8. Jimmy is happy, however, that he had _________ months of experience working at Arecibo before he gets fired.
9. Emilio Sandoz meets with __________________ for the first time in August 2014 on the campus of John Carroll University.
(a) George Smith.
(b) Jimmy Quinn.
(c) John Candotti.
(d) Sofia Mendes.
10. What is the name of the foreign planet to which Sandoz and some others traveled in this story?
11. What is the name of the asteroid made vehicle that the crew will be taking to the new planet?
(a) Terra Linda.
(b) Stella Marin.
(c) Aston Martin.
(d) Stella Maris.
12. What is the profession of Alan Pace, one of the members of the crew of the spaceship to the new planet?
13. What happened as a result of the information being shared that the Society of Jesus was sending a ship into space?
(a) Public outcry.
(b) Other ships followed.
(d) The pope was displeased.
14. Where do Candotti, Edwards, and his assistant, Voelker, decide they should send Sandoz to recover?
(c) The Alps.
15. What is the name of the children that Sandoz appears to take a special interest in after they have met?
Short Answer Questions
1. _____________ is adamant about staying clear of the mission, even after the music has been heard.
2. Together, Sofia and Sandoz have sessions __________ times per week, though they are not smooth at first.
3. As a result of the tension on the planet, Wu and Isley send ____________ home on the Stella Maris, but then are never heard from again.
4. Giuliani tells Sandoz that he is unimpressed by his ___________, and that others have broken their vows too.
5. What is a nickname that is given to Sofia Mendes for the profession and position she holds?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)