|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what university did Jimmy Quinn receive his Master's degree, according to the story?
(d) John Carroll.
2. Brother ____________ tells John Candotti that Sandoz is nowhere to be found at the start of this section.
3. Who is NOT one of the members of the crew that had gone to the foreign planet in order to learn more?
(a) Johannes Voelker.
(b) Marc Robichaux.
(c) Sofia Mendes.
(d) Emilio Sandoz.
4. When the new crew came to the planet, they found that ___________ was living in a house of prostitution.
5. Who spies the interactions between Sandoz, Edward, and Candotti from the balcony at the Naples estate?
(d) No one.
6. Sandoz will never completely recover so he is fitted with _____________ technology in order to help him function.
7. Given the reaction Sandoz had to the ____________ slipped into his room, Giuliani believes Sandoz to be guilty of wrongdoing.
8. The ____________ ambassador arrives after the discovery of the music has been related to several people.
9. Where do Candotti, Edwards, and his assistant, Voelker, decide they should send Sandoz to recover?
(b) The Alps.
10. Together, Sofia and Sandoz have sessions __________ times per week, though they are not smooth at first.
11. Jimmy presents a proposal that will allow him to keep working at Arecibo and also begin to work on receiving his ___________.
(b) Own office.
(d) New level of commanding.
12. As a result of his finding, Jimmy receives a promotion and gains a staff of _______________ to help research anything they can find about the transmission.
13. At the time, Sandoz is teaching a course in beginner's _________ where he meets a bright pupil named Anne Edwards.
14. ______________ claims the mission to find the extraterrestrial singers would be safe, hoping that Anne will come along.
15. What is the response of Jimmy Quinn's supervisor when this person hears of the plan to continue working and studying?
(a) They deny it.
(b) They call him a madman.
(c) They immediately approve it.
(d) They will consider it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Giuliani tells Sandoz that he is unimpressed by his ___________, and that others have broken their vows too.
2. Anne and George decide to explore ____________ at zero gravity as a part of their new life in space.
3. What is the question that Sandoz poses to Candotti when Candotti tries to ask him about the mission? "Do you ___________ God?"
4. Who asks Father Sandoz for assistance in learning how to cope with celibacy during their time on the ship?
5. Peggy Soong is frustrated with the ________________ attitude that Jimmy seems to have in relation to his work.
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)