|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take to make the Eagle?
2. Where is the 'very liberal arts college' that Rosen visits?
3. What does Rasala have to buy Holberger because of a bet they made?
4. What term did Norbert Weiner coin?
5. What group does Rasala feud with?
Short Essay Questions
1. For the employees, what is the difference between Tom West and Carl Carman?
2. How do West and Rasala make Rosen defensive?
3. What problems can the accelerators create, especially for debuggers?
4. How does West describe his job?
5. What resource problem does Holberger have? How does he solve it?
6. How does Data General usually distinguish itself at the NCC? What do they bring this year?
7. Describe some of the problems with the debugging of the Eagle.
8. Describe the level of openness in the Eagle project.
9. How is the debugging process visually represented?
10. What strange problem does the Eagle team have in August?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on the history of Data General, focusing on the sequence of events following the completion of the Eagle. Be sure to address:
1) Whether or not the company 'changed' after the completion of the Eagle.
2) Your feelings regarding Data General's fate as a company.
2) What you would have done differently if you were in charge.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on the subject of natural talent, and the tendency for humans to specialize. Be sure to address:
1) The concept of division of labor.
2) How specialization has progressed and changed throughout human history.
3) Whether or not you feel division and specialization of labor is efficient or desirable.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay that describes the field of risk management. Be sure to address:
1) The basic principles of risk management.
2) The current state of career opportunities in risk management.
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)