|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take to make the Eagle?
2. What part of the lab needed repair?
3. When does West leave for work?
4. What does Van San sell?
5. What new type of processor did Rosen design in college?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Rosen's background and education.
2. What problems can the accelerators create, especially for debuggers?
3. How does West describe his job?
4. Describe the level of openness in the Eagle project.
5. How do West and Rasala make Rosen defensive?
6. How does West feel about computers and machines?
7. What are the accelerators?
8. How does Rosemarie describe the team's efforts and organization under West?
9. For the employees, what is the difference between Tom West and Carl Carman?
10. Describe the trip to the National Computer Conference.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing the trend of technological obsolescence. Be sure to address:
1) Whether or not the trend can be slowed, and whether or not a slowing of this trend would hamper progress.
2) The consequences, and pros and cons, of technological obsolescence.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay that describes the field of risk management. Be sure to address:
1) The basic principles of risk management.
2) The current state of career opportunities in risk management.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing the threat of cybercrime. Be sure to address:
1) The current trend in cybercrime, and common types.
2) Modern examples of cybercrime.
3) What we can do to prevent cybercrime.
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)