|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the project flooded with come Spring?
2. When did most of the engineers start becoming engineers?
3. Who is sent to Data General's semiconductor facility for a 'vacation?'
4. What model of the Eclipse does Alsing refer to as 'his' machine?
5. What new type of processor did Rosen design in college?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do West and Rasala make Rosen defensive?
2. What change do the carpenters bring?
3. What strange problem does the Eagle team have in August?
4. How does Data General usually distinguish itself at the NCC? What do they bring this year?
5. What problems can the accelerators create, especially for debuggers?
6. How does West describe his job?
7. How does West's personality change between home and work?
8. Why did engineers keep dropping out of the Eagle program?
9. How does Jon Blau 'see it all?'
10. What resource problem does Holberger have? How does he solve it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing how computers are often used in movies, television, and books. Be sure to address:
1) Famous examples of computer villains and heroes.
2) How our perceptions of computers have changed over the years and how this change is reflected in entertainment media.
3) How entertainment media has shaped your perception of computers.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay comparing two programming languages. It is not necessary to know how to actually program in either language, some basic online research should suffice. Be sure to address:
1) Pros and cons of each programming language.
2) Similarities and differences between the languages.
3) What each programming language is commonly used for, and why.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay that serves as a brief history of the evolution of computers. Be sure to mention:
1) Important milestones
2) Important contributors to computer science
3) Companies and organizations that played a key role in the development of computer technology
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)