|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of tiredness do Rasala and the rest of the team suffer from?
2. When did most of the engineers start becoming engineers?
3. Through the help of what piece of equipment does Jon Blau 'see it all?'
4. What component is the crucial difference between the Eagle and earlier machines?
5. What did the staffer at Personnel tell Rosen they will remind him to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did engineers keep dropping out of the Eagle program?
2. How does West feel about computers and machines?
3. What strange problem does the Eagle team have in August?
4. Describe the debugging process of the typical computer.
5. Describe the circumstances around Rosen's departure from Eagle.
6. How is the debugging process visually represented?
7. Describe the level of openness in the Eagle project.
8. How does the team begin to get ahead of itself?
9. How do West and Rasala make Rosen defensive?
10. How does Rosemarie describe the team's efforts and organization under West?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing the trend of technological obsolescence. Be sure to address:
1) Whether or not the trend can be slowed, and whether or not a slowing of this trend would hamper progress.
2) The consequences, and pros and cons, of technological obsolescence.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay comparing and contrasting the high-stress life of a professional with the 'simple life.' Be sure to address:
1) Pros and cons of each lifestyle.
2) Whether or not you feel either lifestyle is the norm, and the consequences of either lifestyle becoming the norm.
3) Which lifestyle you would prefer and why.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay explaining the importance of computers in modern society. Be sure to address:
1) Any concerns or problems with our current level of computer use.
2) Whether your level of computer dependency is higher or lower than the average.
3) How our computer use may look in the future.
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)