|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the nickname for the microdiagnostics?
2. How does Data General handle money?
3. When were the first pieces of route 495 laid down?
4. Who is the best person to design the Eagle?
5. What type of car does Tom West drive?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why angers some engineers about FHP?
2. What is microcode? How does it work?
3. What complexities and problems exist in microcode?
4. What is the 'dream job' described at the start of the chapter? Why does this job sound great to the engineers?
5. What is the first NOVA?
6. Describe Rasala.
7. What were computers like in the early days?
8. What is the problem with West at the beginning of the chapter?
9. How does West react to the time constraints on Eagle?
10. What made Alsing think that Holland was ideal for writing microcode?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay that describes the field of risk management. Be sure to address:
1) The basic principles of risk management.
2) The current state of career opportunities in risk management.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay comparing two programming languages. It is not necessary to know how to actually program in either language, some basic online research should suffice. Be sure to address:
1) Pros and cons of each programming language.
2) Similarities and differences between the languages.
3) What each programming language is commonly used for, and why.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing how computers are often used in movies, television, and books. Be sure to address:
1) Famous examples of computer villains and heroes.
2) How our perceptions of computers have changed over the years and how this change is reflected in entertainment media.
3) How entertainment media has shaped your perception of computers.
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)