|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month is the National Computer Conference?
2. What type of board did Rosen design?
(a) The CPU.
(b) The ALU.
(c) The IP.
(d) The OMG.
3. Who is sent to Data General's semiconductor facility for a 'vacation?'
(a) Dave Peck.
(b) Carl Alsing.
(c) Ed de Castro.
(d) Josh Rosen.
4. What component is the crucial difference between the Eagle and earlier machines?
(a) 32 bits vs. 16 bits.
(c) A WYSIWYG interface.
(d) A dual-core processor.
5. Why does Jon Blau become a Hardy Boy?
(a) Because Josh Rosen quit.
(b) All of the above.
(c) The Hardy Boys are the only group he gets along with.
(d) He had already written much of the microcode for the graphical interface.
Short Answer Questions
1. What division was Rosen in before coming to work on the Eagle?
2. What term did Norbert Weiner coin?
3. How many lines of microcode does the Eagle have?
4. What does Rosemarie think West is?
5. What does no one ever do at Data General?
Short Essay Questions
1. How have computers changed society?
2. Describe West's workshop.
3. How do West and Rasala make Rosen defensive?
4. How does Rosemarie describe the team's efforts and organization under West?
5. Describe Rosen's background and education.
6. How does West's personality change between home and work?
7. Describe some of the problems with the debugging of the Eagle.
8. How does the team begin to get ahead of itself?
9. Describe the trip to the National Computer Conference.
10. Describe the debugging process of the typical computer.
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)