|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the time of writing, when did Holberger join Data General?
(a) Three years ago.
(b) Nineteen months ago.
(c) Ten years ago.
(d) Four months ago.
2. What part of the computer does Rasala melt accidentally?
(a) The heat gun.
(b) A co-processor.
(c) A chip socket.
(d) A PAL.
3. When does the Eagle make its debut?
(a) Spring of 1980.
(b) Winter of 1981.
(c) Summer of 1979.
(d) Fall of 1982.
4. What does Bernstein build by himself?
(a) A microscopic camera.
(b) A microplane.
(c) A microprocessor.
(d) A microphone.
5. What did West do every morning before work during the debugging of the first Eclipse?
(a) Smoke ten cigarettes.
(b) Throw up.
(d) Go for a run.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the 32-bit computer that Wallach hears about designed?
2. How long did it take to make the Eagle?
3. What does no one ever do at Data General?
4. What do computer programs tend to do?
5. Where is Holberger in early September?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Rosen's background and education.
2. How have computers changed society?
3. For the employees, what is the difference between Tom West and Carl Carman?
4. How does West feel about computers and machines?
5. What problems can the accelerators create, especially for debuggers?
6. Describe the circumstances around Rosen's departure from Eagle.
7. How does the team begin to get ahead of itself?
8. What are the accelerators?
9. How does West react to requests from the engineers? Why?
10. How does Data General usually distinguish itself at the NCC? What do they bring this year?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)