|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do computers manipulate directly?
2. What is the name of the supermini computer that West's team creates?
3. What is Data General's relationship to Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC)?
(a) Data General is DEC's son.
(b) Data General has a wide lead over DEC in market share.
(c) Data General was bankrupted by DEC.
(d) Data General has nothing to do with DEC.
4. How many bits does the NOVA deal with at one time?
5. What does de Castro want?
(a) A 32-mode Eclipse with the standard 16 bits.
(b) A 32-bit Eclipse with a mode bit.
(c) A 32-bit Eclipse and no mode bit.
(d) A 32-MHZ Eclipse capable of streaming video.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does West think is the next big thing in chips?
2. What is different between Westborough and the 'real world?'
3. What do the engineers often talk about putting on the side of the Eclipse?
4. What do you learn after working at Data General for any period of time?
5. What Star Wars character is Wallach compared to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does West react to the time constraints on Eagle?
2. What was Tom West like as an engineer, friend, and person?
3. Why does a company use cubicles?
4. What are the four rules of the Eagle team?
5. What 'sly' thing does West do? What does he feel the VAX embodies?
6. What is the first NOVA?
7. Describe Rasala.
8. Describe the weekly meetings Tom has with Wallach, Alsing, and Rasala.
9. Describe Tom West.
10. How does Tom change? When and why does he change?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)