|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the best person to design the Eagle?
2. What did the 360 project cost more than the development of?
(a) The space shuttle.
(b) The automobile.
(c) The atomic bomb.
(d) The jet engine.
3. How many small programming projects does Dave Peck do for the team?
4. What is the nickname for the microdiagnostics?
5. When does West hold his collective meetings with Wallach, Alsing, and Rasala?
(a) Thursdays at 8:00 A.M.
(b) Every day at lunchtime.
(c) Saturdays at 9:30 P.M.
(d) Fridays at 3:00 P.M.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Rasala's family from?
2. What television program do Alsing's sons want to watch?
3. What is a beautiful, rare commodity for Alsing?
4. What does de Castro want?
5. How many boards does VAX have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is important about the way Westborough was designed?
2. What 'sly' thing does West do? What does he feel the VAX embodies?
3. What does ROM-driven mean?
4. How is competition used as a management strategy in companies such as Data General and IBM? Is this a good strategy?
5. Describe the weekly meetings Tom has with Wallach, Alsing, and Rasala.
6. Describe the secondary and support industries that were created around the computer industry.
7. How does a computer appear to make sophisticated decisions?
8. What is the appeal of a clean sheet of paper?
9. What made Alsing think that Holland was ideal for writing microcode?
10. How does West react to the time constraints on Eagle?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)