|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is MULTICS?
(a) A plan for hacking into time-sharing systems.
(b) A plan to end time-sharing systems for good.
(c) A plan to expand time-sharing systems into a dominant market position.
(d) A plan for making time-sharing systems secure.
2. What tool is a source of the Microteam's strength?
(a) The analyzer.
(b) The debugger.
(c) The defibrillator.
(d) The simulator.
3. What is Tom's solution to their manpower shortage?
(a) Cut corners on R&D.
(b) Hire kids.
(c) Lure experienced engineers away from established companies.
(d) Work overtime.
4. What do people think about Alsing after meeting him?
(a) That he is an engineer.
(b) That he is good at sports.
(c) That he is smart and interesting.
(d) That he is awkward and uncoordinated.
5. What television program do Alsing's sons want to watch?
(a) Looney Tunes.
(b) Charlie's Angels.
(c) The Three Stooges.
(d) The news.
Short Answer Questions
1. What new term enters West's vocabulary during the fall?
2. What Star Wars character is Wallach compared to?
3. Where did Tom work after finishing college?
4. What did the 360 project cost more than the development of?
5. What is Westborough's first defense against thieves?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is important about the way Westborough was designed?
2. What are the four rules of the Eagle team?
3. Why does a company use cubicles?
4. How does Tom change? When and why does he change?
5. What made Alsing think that Holland was ideal for writing microcode?
6. What does ROM-driven mean?
7. How does a computer appear to make sophisticated decisions?
8. Describe Alsing's management style.
9. What is the importance of the 32-bit computer?
10. What complexities and problems exist in microcode?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)