|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does West do once a year?
(a) Gets really drunk and make a fool of himself.
(b) Throws a terrific New Year's party.
(c) Takes a vacation.
(d) Has a pig roast.
2. How many assembly language instructions does the Eclipse contain?
3. What will happen to West if he cannot keep life and computers separate?
(a) West already cannot keep life and computer separate.
(b) He will quit.
(c) He will take a vacation.
(d) He will go mad.
4. What did West start out calling Eagle?
(a) Cash cow.
5. Where do the names Woodstock and Trixie come from?
(b) Music festivals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the electrician that West and his wife befriend?
2. What single invention revolutionized the computer industry?
3. What do computers manipulate directly?
4. What is scarce in the engineering business?
5. What will West do if the kids don't stop laughing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the game Adventure.
2. What is the problem with West at the beginning of the chapter?
3. How does West react to the time constraints on Eagle?
4. What is the 'dream job' described at the start of the chapter? Why does this job sound great to the engineers?
5. What 'sly' thing does West do? What does he feel the VAX embodies?
6. Why does West not attempt to debug the Eagle?
7. Describe Steve Wallach's origins and early experiences in the computer business.
8. How does Tom change? When and why does he change?
9. What made Alsing think that Holland was ideal for writing microcode?
10. Describe Alsing's management style.
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)