|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the project flooded with come Spring?
(c) Water from the melting snow.
2. Why does Jon Blau become a Hardy Boy?
(a) He had already written much of the microcode for the graphical interface.
(b) The Hardy Boys are the only group he gets along with.
(c) All of the above.
(d) Because Josh Rosen quit.
3. What does Rasala do when Holberger confronts him about a problem with Jim Guyer?
(a) Tell Holberger that Guyer can 'do what he wants.'
(b) Separate the two temporarily.
(c) Smile and nod.
(d) Fire Guyer.
4. How does Rosen describe his own habits of thought?
5. How many passes of Eclipse program 21 do Coke and Gollum go through?
6. How many types of arithmetic must the Eagle perform simultaneously at high speed?
(b) As many as the user needs.
7. At the time of writing, when did Holberger join Data General?
(a) Four months ago.
(b) Three years ago.
(c) Nineteen months ago.
(d) Ten years ago.
8. Which character from Lord of the Rings does Peck name after Tom West?
9. What type of device does West particularly not like?
(a) Digital watches.
(c) Automated check-out scanners.
(d) Automatic transmissions.
10. What term did Norbert Weiner coin?
(a) Artificial intelligence.
11. According to his resignation note, what is the maximum unit of time that Rosen will deal with?
12. Where is Holberger in early September?
(b) Burn-out city.
(c) New York.
13. What type of room does Peck like?
(a) A private one.
(b) An empty one.
(c) A well-light one.
(d) A noisy one.
14. When does Ed Rasala tell Carl Carman he will be finished debugging?
(a) Sometime in the next year.
(c) Late September.
(d) He doesn't know.
15. What division was Rosen in before coming to work on the Eagle?
(a) Special Systems.
(b) Black Ops.
(c) Games Consoles.
(d) Customer Care.
Short Answer Questions
1. What model of the Eclipse does Alsing refer to as 'his' machine?
2. What gets tiring after a while?
3. Through the help of what piece of equipment does Jon Blau 'see it all?'
4. What is West's crowning domestic achievement?
5. Where will Data General send the Eagle blueprints to?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)