|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does West send along with the engineers who go to the conference?
(a) His regards.
(c) His son.
(d) A bonus.
2. What type of board did Rosen design?
(a) The IP.
(b) The CPU.
(c) The OMG.
(d) The ALU.
3. When was the 32-bit computer that Wallach hears about designed?
4. What does Data General supposedly offer its employees in addition to medical insurance?
(a) Death benefits.
(b) Maternity leave.
(d) Alimony benefits.
5. How old is Josh Rosen?
6. What type of engineers go on working after Holberger broadcasts the emergency message?
(a) Only the most dedicated.
(b) Those with work that was not important enough to bother saving.
(c) The inattentive ones.
(d) The cynical and jaded.
7. What does Bernstein build by himself?
(a) A microscopic camera.
(b) A microplane.
(c) A microphone.
(d) A microprocessor.
8. What is the latest segment of the industry to experience a boom?
(d) Technical support.
9. What has West talked about ever since coming to work for Data General?
10. What new line of computers does IBM feature at the NCC?
(a) The IBM-PC line.
(b) The 36-50 line.
(c) The 4300 line.
(d) The PPC 970 line.
11. What division was Rosen in before coming to work on the Eagle?
(a) Customer Care.
(b) Games Consoles.
(c) Special Systems.
(d) Black Ops.
12. What do computer programs tend to do?
(a) Execute functions rapidly.
(b) Get erased accidentally.
13. What is the name of the standard test on computer speed?
(a) The Littlethorpe Benchmark.
(b) The Countesthorpe Benchmark.
(c) The Whetstone Benchmark.
(d) The Leicester Benchmark.
14. What does no one ever do at Data General?
(a) Backstab each other.
(b) Pat each other on the back.
(c) Give each other back massages.
(d) Watch each other's backs.
15. What type of engine has West never worked on before?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many types of arithmetic must the Eagle perform simultaneously at high speed?
2. What type of songs does West like to play?
3. What type of bugs need to be fixed before a computer can get out the door?
4. How does Jon Blau refer to the blonde twins at National Cash Register's booth?
5. Where will Data General send the Eagle blueprints to?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)