|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the supermini computer that West's team creates?
2. What is the name of Firth's wife?
3. What is scarce in the engineering business?
(a) Fashion sense.
(b) Men in their forties.
4. What do Cossacks harbor strong feelings towards?
(a) New designs.
5. What is MULTICS?
(a) A plan for making time-sharing systems secure.
(b) A plan for hacking into time-sharing systems.
(c) A plan to end time-sharing systems for good.
(d) A plan to expand time-sharing systems into a dominant market position.
6. What is the first programming language that Alsing learns to use?
7. How does Data General handle money?
8. What role does Wallach play in the EGO wars?
(a) West's worst enemy.
(b) West's diplomat.
(c) West's doormat.
(d) West's Hessian.
9. What is the class of solids that transistors are made of?
10. Who is the best person to design the Eagle?
11. What momentous news arrives on an evening in early 1979?
(a) North Carolina has lost a key member of its staff.
(b) North Carolina's team is merging with West's team.
(c) North Carolina is going to miss its deadline.
(d) North Carolina is being closed down due to security issues.
12. What part of the project comes after assembling the prototypes?
(a) Focus groups.
(c) Clinical trials.
(d) Beta testing.
13. What was project Victor?
(a) The Mature Eclipse.
(b) All of the below.
(c) Something to do.
(d) A canard.
14. What does West think is the next big thing in chips?
15. What will happen to West if he cannot keep life and computers separate?
(a) He will take a vacation.
(b) He will quit.
(c) He will go mad.
(d) West already cannot keep life and computer separate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Firth born?
2. How much does it cost to manufacture a VAX?
3. What did the 360 project cost more than the development of?
4. What is different between Westborough and the 'real world?'
5. What does 'give me a core dump' mean?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)