|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does 'give me a core dump' mean?
(a) Let's grab a drink.
(b) Too disgusting to translate.
(c) Tell me your thoughts.
(d) Transfer your project data to my system.
2. How much video does West record?
(a) 20 hours.
(b) A half-hour infomercial's worth.
(c) 11 hours.
(d) 4 hours.
3. Where does West's father work?
(a) Ma Bell.
4. What does OEM stand for?
(a) Obviously Except from Me.
(b) Ostentatious Excellence in Marketing.
(c) Oligarchical Electronics Masking.
(d) Original Equipment Manufacturer
5. What was project Victor?
(a) The Mature Eclipse.
(b) A canard.
(c) All of the below.
(d) Something to do.
6. What is one of the most important questions in the computer industry?
(a) How to store data.
(b) How to protect data.
(c) How to retrieve data.
(d) How to transmit data.
7. What was the second company that Wallach worked for?
(a) Data General.
(b) General Electric.
8. What does UINST mean?
(b) Universal Installer.
(c) Micro Instruction Set.
(d) User Instance.
9. What do the engineers often talk about putting on the side of the Eclipse?
(a) A pencil sharpener.
(b) A canard.
(c) A kludge.
(d) A bag.
10. What do computers manipulate directly?
11. What piece of equipment was Tom asked to finish before being considered for the leader of the Eclipse group?
(a) An IOP.
(b) A VEX.
(c) An EGO.
(d) An FHP.
12. What does the author help Rasala build?
(a) An addition on his house.
(b) A competing version of the Eagle.
(c) A porch.
(d) A boat.
13. What is the name of Firth's wife?
14. What is Data General's relationship to Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC)?
(a) Data General has nothing to do with DEC.
(b) Data General has a wide lead over DEC in market share.
(c) Data General is DEC's son.
(d) Data General was bankrupted by DEC.
15. What was Chuck Holland's father?
(a) An engineer.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A convicted felon.
(d) A microcoder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does FHP stand for?
2. What does an engineer receive when he completes a successful project?
3. What does de Castro want?
4. What does West do on his day off?
5. What part of the project comes after assembling the prototypes?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)