|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the names Woodstock and Trixie come from?
(a) Music festivals.
2. What do the engineers often talk about putting on the side of the Eclipse?
(a) A pencil sharpener.
(b) A kludge.
(c) A bag.
(d) A canard.
3. What is the number on Alsing's security badge?
4. What does Wallach think of North Carolina?
(a) All of the above.
(b) It sucks.
(c) The food is terrible.
(d) It's not a place to bring up his wife and children.
5. What do Cossacks harbor strong feelings towards?
(d) New designs.
6. What tool is a source of the Microteam's strength?
(a) The analyzer.
(b) The debugger.
(c) The simulator.
(d) The defibrillator.
7. What game does Alsing play?
(b) Dungeons and Dragons.
8. What television program do Alsing's sons want to watch?
(a) Looney Tunes.
(b) Charlie's Angels.
(c) The Three Stooges.
(d) The news.
9. What does West think is the next big thing in chips?
10. When does West hold his collective meetings with Wallach, Alsing, and Rasala?
(a) Thursdays at 8:00 A.M.
(b) Fridays at 3:00 P.M.
(c) Saturdays at 9:30 P.M.
(d) Every day at lunchtime.
11. What does West call the confident, aggressive young engineers?
12. What did the 360 project cost more than the development of?
(a) The jet engine.
(b) The space shuttle.
(c) The atomic bomb.
(d) The automobile.
13. What is the general idea of MULTICS?
(a) A system of triangles.
(b) A system of boxes.
(c) A complex network of fullerenes.
(d) A system of rings.
14. What is different between Westborough and the 'real world?'
15. What shows that an engineer has rank?
(a) He is listened to by de Castro.
(b) He wears a suit.
(c) He drives a nice car.
(d) His office has a door.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Alsing when the Eagle project begins?
2. What is the class of solids that transistors are made of?
3. Who is West's 'trustiest lieutenant?'
4. What was Chuck Holland's father?
5. What does Trixie like to do?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)