How to Make a Lot of Money
• The author introduces the setting for the novel, describing Data General, its competitors, its offices, and the people responsible for getting the company off the ground.
• Data General's renegade style, status, and management style are contrasted with the public perception of companies such as IBM and DEC.
• Tom West, leader of the Eclipse team, is introduced.
• Elements of West's strong character are established, and the setting for the creation of the Eagle 32-bit computer is explained to the reader.
• The difference between a 16-bit and 32-bit system is explained in layman's terms.
Building a Team
• Tom West's personality is further illustrated through a comparison of his relatively carefree early days with his currently serious and motivated style.
• The new Eclipse team is created, and subdivisions such as the 'Microkids' and 'Hardy Boys' are established.
• Team members learn that they...
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)