|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through September 4 through November 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which poet does Werther's new female friend mention in relation to the event which disrupts the large gathering they attend?
2. What event does Werther inadvertently attend, as related in the letter of March 15?
(a) A court procedure.
(b) An assembly.
(c) A parade.
(d) A masque ball.
3. What about his social faux pas of March 15 distresses Werther greatly?
(a) That news of it is all over town.
(b) The he hurt his friends' feelings.
(c) That no one told him of the problem.
(d) That he cannot commit the error again.
4. What recent event, related in the letter of September 15, makes Werther both angry and sad?
(a) The felling of old walnut trees.
(b) The plowing of a field of wildflowers.
(c) The destruction of a scenic old barn.
(d) A fire in the town church.
5. With whom does Werther converse near the plow in the town square?
(a) A young boy.
(b) The town mayor.
(c) An elderly gentleman.
(d) A farmer-boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the main character describe the person with whom he must conduct his business?
2. What feeling fills Werther when he is alone in nature?
3. From whom does Werther receive a letter, related in the letter of February 17, concerning his relationship with the Ambassador?
4. To what does Werther compare himself in regards to the young woman with whom he has fallen in love?
5. What is the name of the man Werther meets at the vicar's home?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)