|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through September 4 through November 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the town an hours' walk from where Werther currently lodges?
2. From whom does Werther receive a letter, related in the letter of February 17, concerning his relationship with the Ambassador?
(a) From a government minister.
(b) From Count C.
(c) From another ambassador.
(d) From Wilhelm.
3. To what does Werther compare his "poor heart?"
(a) To a questing knight.
(b) To a blushing maiden.
(c) To an ailing child.
(d) To a robust soldier.
4. Why does Albert keep his pistols always unloaded?
(a) He once had a bad experience when a maid was injured.
(b) He does not actually know how to load and clean the pistols.
(c) His mother implored him to keep them always unloaded.
(d) He does not believe that firearms are good.
5. To what does Werther compare the young woman with whom he has fallen in love?
(a) A martyr.
(b) A sinner.
(c) A prophet.
(d) A dove.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the farmer-boy of Wahlheim do that resulted in his current fate?
2. What skill of Werther's is suffering as a result of his negligence?
3. How does the main character classify the recent events that sent him away?
4. According to Werther in his letter of May 26, how is great art made?
5. In which object or objects is Werther surprised to find clear evidence of his own folly?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)