|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through January 8 through September 3, 1772.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What effect does Lotte's continued presence have on Werther?
(a) Werther's senses begin to fail him.
(b) Werther becomes bored.
(c) Werther feels physically ill.
(d) Werther can only speak in riddles.
2. What is Werther convinced about, regarding the young woman with whom he has fallen in love?
(a) That she hates him.
(b) That she is oblivious to him.
(c) That she loves him.
(d) That she pities him.
3. What, according to Werther, is most dangerous to the individual?
4. Whom does Werther find in the square of the town Werther has come to love?
(a) Several pretty girls.
(b) Two gentlemen quarreling.
(c) An elderly couple.
(d) Two young boys.
5. What irks Werther about the society he finds himself with in Weimar?
(a) Their immense beauty.
(b) Their questions of him.
(c) Their greed for rank.
(d) Their uncaring attitudes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Werther mourn in his letter of May 17?
2. What subject do Albert and Werther discuss so heatedly in the letter of August 12?
3. What is the surprise Werther receives from Lotte and Albert in the letter of February 20?
4. According to Werther in his letter of May 26, how is great art made?
5. What is the name of the town an hours' walk from where Werther currently lodges?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)