|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through January 8 through September 3, 1772.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At which event did Werther meet a new female acquaintance?
(a) At a parliamentary debate.
(b) At a fair.
(c) At a ball.
(d) At the theater.
2. What does Werther consider to be the closest thing to his own heart?
3. What does Werther find trying about his employer?
(a) The man is not wealthy enough.
(b) The man is too meticulous.
(c) The man is too nosy.
(d) The man is extremely condescending.
4. What activity do Werther and his new female friend engage in together?
(a) A German folk dance.
(b) A competition of riddles.
(c) A walk about the park.
(d) A recitation of poetry.
5. Whom does Werther defend to his employer in the letter of December 24?
(a) Werther himself.
(d) Count C.
Short Answer Questions
1. What subject do Albert and Werther discuss so heatedly in the letter of August 12?
2. With whom does Werther converse near the plow in the town square?
3. What do Werther and his new female friend discuss in the carriage?
4. In his letter of May 22, what does Werther assert makes people truly happy?
5. How did Lotte and Albert become betrothed?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)