|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through January 8 through September 3, 1772.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main character's name?
2. What is Werther convinced about, regarding the young woman with whom he has fallen in love?
(a) That she hates him.
(b) That she pities him.
(c) That she is oblivious to him.
(d) That she loves him.
3. What does Werther like to watch the village girls do?
(a) Bathe in the stream.
(b) Dance during the festival season.
(c) Pick wildflowers.
(d) Fetch water.
4. Of what feeling does Werther complain in the letter of August 22?
5. To what does Werther compare himself in regards to the young woman with whom he has fallen in love?
(a) A king.
(b) A child.
(c) A miser.
(d) A madman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the person to whom Werther writes his letters?
2. What subject do Albert and Werther discuss so heatedly in the letter of August 12?
3. How does the main character describe the town in which he resides as of the first letter?
4. To what does Werther compare his general opinion on painting in the letter of May 30?
5. According to Werther in the letter of October 20, upon what do happiness or misery depend?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)