|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through January 8 through September 3, 1772.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of one of the people Werther meets in the town square?
2. What story does the person near the plow in the town square tell Werther?
(a) He tells him of his father's death.
(b) He tells him of his devotion to his mistress.
(c) He tells him of his time in the King's court.
(d) He tells him of a recent disaster.
3. What of old Count von M.'s does the main character praise for its pleasurable effect?
(a) The garden.
(b) The stables.
(c) The fields.
(d) The mansion.
4. What is the name of the man Werther meets at the vicar's home?
(a) Mr. Schiller.
(b) Mr. Vollner.
(c) Mr. Metzger.
(d) Mr. Schmidt.
5. In his letter of May 17, what does Werther find the state of humanity to be?
(a) Generally monotonous.
(b) Happy and joyous.
(c) Horribly sinful.
(d) Awesome and inspiring.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Werther assist in his or her daily chore?
2. In which location does Werther arrange to meet Lotte and Albert?
3. In which month of the year does the novel begin?
4. What has become the main character's favorite spot to get away?
5. In which country does this novel take place?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)