|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through July 26 through September 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of one of the people Werther meets in the town square?
2. In which month of the year does the novel begin?
3. What is Werther convinced about, regarding the young woman with whom he has fallen in love?
(a) That she pities him.
(b) That she is oblivious to him.
(c) That she loves him.
(d) That she hates him.
4. Whom does Werther mourn in his letter of May 17?
(a) A great German poet and artist upon whom Werther models himself.
(b) A close female friend with whom he shared much of his soul.
(c) His brother, with whom Werther shared a close friendship.
(d) His father, whom Werther considered a role model.
5. How does the main character describe the person with whom he must conduct his business?
(a) As vigorous and kind-hearted.
(b) As wicked and false.
(c) As enthusiastic and humorous.
(d) As suspicious and conniving.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what feeling does Werther complain in the letter of August 22?
2. How does Werther view those who keep their distance from commoners?
3. What feeling fills Werther when he is alone in nature?
4. In his letter of May 22, what does Werther assert makes people truly happy?
5. What feature of the geographic location in which Werther lives holds Werther in "thrall?"
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)