|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through July 26 through September 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Werther resolve to do in the letter of September 3?
(a) To leave Wahlheim.
(b) To take his own life.
(c) To propose to Lotte.
(d) To write a love letter to Lotte.
2. In which location does Werther arrange to meet Lotte and Albert?
(a) In the town square.
(b) In the garden.
(c) In the lodge's dining hall.
(d) In a hayfield.
3. Whose business must the main character deal with in the first letter?
(a) His father's.
(b) His good friend's.
(c) His associate's.
(d) His mother's.
4. In his letter of May 22, what does Werther assert makes people truly happy?
(a) Living in the present moment.
(b) Wandering through nature.
(c) Loving fiercely and often.
(d) Working hard for wealth.
5. What is the substance of the main character's business project at the beginning of the book?
(a) The interviewing of potential servants.
(b) An inheritance dispute.
(c) A building contract.
(d) Arrangements for travel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Werther like to watch the village girls do?
2. What of old Count von M.'s does the main character praise for its pleasurable effect?
3. How many children does the estate manager have, whom Werther meets?
4. How does the main character view his business affairs turning out?
5. In which month of the year does the novel begin?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)