|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through July 26 through September 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the reception Werther first received from the common townsfolk?
(a) They were uncouth to him.
(b) They welcomed him openly.
(c) They ignored him entirely.
(d) They were suspicious of him.
2. What is the name of Werther's new female acquaintance?
3. What is in the package Werther receives from Albert on August 26?
(a) Lotte's hair ribbons and an edition of Homer.
(b) A floral bouquet of mourning.
(c) A gift from all of Lotte's siblings.
(d) Albert's pistols, loaded and ready.
4. What skill of Werther's is suffering as a result of his negligence?
(a) His social graces.
(b) His art and drawings.
(c) His imagination and sensibility.
(d) His health and wellness.
5. In his letter of May 22, what does Werther assert makes people truly happy?
(a) Loving fiercely and often.
(b) Wandering through nature.
(c) Working hard for wealth.
(d) Living in the present moment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Werther think of Albert?
2. How does Werther see the story of the person near the plow in the town square?
3. What two things does Werther compare in his argument in the letter of August 12?
4. How many children does the estate manager have, whom Werther meets?
5. To whom is Werther's new female friend "as good as engaged"?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)