May 4, 1771
• Werther addresses an as-yet unnamed friend, to whom he is writing his letters.
• Werther is amazed that although he is away from his friends, he actually feels happy.
• Werther muses on his role in the disappointment of Leonore's love for him.
• Werther gives his friend news of the business of his mother's.
• Werther's aunt is described.
• Werther believes his mother's business will turn out well.
• Werther finds his new solitude to be quite relaxing.
• Werther gives his opinion on the town in which he currently lives, and the natural beauty surrounding it.
May 10 through 15
• Although Werther is happy, he finds he is not drawing as much as he'd like.
• Werther describes the connection he feels to nature.
• When in nature, Werther feels he is in the presence of God.
• Werther feels a sort of longing.
• Werther describes a spring outside of town that has a magical effect...
This section contains 1,927 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)