May 4, 1771
* Werther addresses an as-yet unnamed friend, to whom he is writing his letters.
* Werther is amazed that although he is away from his friends, he actually feels happy.
* Werther muses on his role in the disappointment of Leonore's love for him.
* Werther gives his friend news of the business of his mother's.
* Werther's aunt is described.
* Werther believes his mother's business will turn out well.
* Werther finds his new solitude to be quite relaxing.
* Werther gives his opinion on the town in which he currently lives, and the natural beauty surrounding it.
May 10 through 15
* Although Werther is happy, he finds he is not drawing as much as he'd like.
* Werther describes the connection he feels to nature.
* When in nature, Werther feels he is in the presence of God.
* Werther feels a sort of longing.
* Werther describes a spring outside of town that has a magical effect...
This section contains 1,712 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)