|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Thea resent Mrs. Priest?
(a) Because she doesn't recognize her own shortcomings.
(b) Because she is cruel to Thea.
(c) All of these answers are correct.
(d) Because she is a better singer than Thea.
2. How does Thea pay for her keep in Chicago when she comes back from Moonstone?
(a) Works at a church position.
(b) Provides piano for some of Bower's students.
(c) Both of these answers are correct.
(d) Works as a maid.
3. What piece of music in Thea's room does Ottenburg see?
(a) The one Wunsch gave her.
(b) The one she wrote for him.
(c) The one Kennedy wrote for her many years ago.
(d) The one he wrote for her.
4. Where is the first place Thea is staying when she decides she needs to look for a new room?
(a) In a fancy bed and breakfast.
(b) Bowers' house.
(c) The Studio Club.
(d) The mayor's house.
5. What does Bowers notice about Thea when he sees her singing with Ottenburg?
(a) Her back.
(b) Her clothes.
(c) Her voice.
(d) Her shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thea discuss with Dr. Archie after the Mexican ball?
2. Who plans the Mexican ball?
3. What does everyone do at Johnny's house when the ball concludes?
4. Who provides music for the Mexican ball?
5. How does Archie become wealthy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Thea come to realize about fate during her time at Ottenburg Ranch?
2. How does Thea feel about her family when she returns to Chicago after spending the summer with them?
3. What does Archie reminisce as the best two times of his life?
4. What happens to Thea's father?
5. Why does Thea refuse to take money from Ottenburg?
6. Why is Thea relieved after she tells Archie the story of her and Ottenburg?
7. What gifts does Ottenburg send Thea when she is sick?
8. How do the Kohlers respond to being awakened by Thea's voice during the Mexican ball?
9. Why doesn't Thea return to Moonstone when her mother is dying?
10. Why does Thea move around so much when she returns to Chicago from her summer visit to Moonstone?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)