|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Thea going to get to Germany?
(a) By plane.
(b) By bus.
(c) By rail.
(d) By boat.
2. How does Thea feel when she sees Archie in New York for the first time?
(a) Worried and stressed.
(b) Mad and cranky.
(c) Happy and sad.
(d) Happy and relieved.
3. How does Archie become wealthy?
(a) He saves a lot of money.
(b) He is a doctor, and doctors naturally make a lot of money.
(c) One of his mines produces a lot of silver.
(d) He wins the lottery.
4. Who is present at Thea's big performance in New York?
(a) The President.
(b) Nearly all her dearest friends.
(c) Her ill mother.
(d) No one she knows.
5. What does everyone do at Johnny's house when the ball concludes?
(a) Eat ice cream.
(b) Eat a second dinner.
(c) Change out of their formal clothes.
(d) Fall asleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bowers notice about Thea when he sees her singing with Ottenburg?
2. What emotion does Thea think she can feel coming from the rock surface of the Native American dwellings near the Ottenburg Ranch?
3. How long has Thea prepared for the part of Sieglinde?
4. Who is Fred Ottenburg?
5. Why does Thea say she has not married Ottenburg?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Thea's thoughts on music change during her time at Ottenburg Ranch?
2. How does Thea feel about her family when she returns to Chicago after spending the summer with them?
3. What is different for Thea about the Mexican ball?
4. How do the Kohlers respond to being awakened by Thea's voice during the Mexican ball?
5. What does Thea come to realize about fate during her time at Ottenburg Ranch?
6. How does Archie react when he sees Thea after her performance in New York?
7. How does Thea help herself fall asleep the night before her big performance?
8. What is the pride of Tillie's life?
9. What epiphany does Thea have on music and water while at Ottenburg Ranch?
10. What happens to Thea's father?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)