|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is present at Thea's big performance in New York?
(a) The President.
(b) Her ill mother.
(c) Nearly all her dearest friends.
(d) No one she knows.
2. How does Thea measure things even though she is famous and wealthy by the time the novel concludes?
(a) By the money Kennedy left her.
(b) By how much she can impress the folks back home in Moonstone.
(c) By the amount of fame something will give her.
(d) By how rare they are.
3. Why does Thea resent Mrs. Priest?
(a) Because she is cruel to Thea.
(b) Because she doesn't recognize her own shortcomings.
(c) All of these answers are correct.
(d) Because she is a better singer than Thea.
4. At what time does the ball conclude?
(b) It goes for 3 straight days.
(c) When the police arrive.
5. Where does Ottenburg first kiss Thea?
(a) In his house.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) In her bedroom.
(d) In the canyon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Bowers' students does Thea dislike the most?
2. Where does Archie work when Thea returns to the United States?
3. How long has Thea prepared for the part of Sieglinde?
4. Who sings with Thea back at Johnny's house?
5. What does Thea think of her musical career as she is en route to the Ottenburg Ranch?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Kohlers respond to being awakened by Thea's voice during the Mexican ball?
2. Why does Thea refuse to take money from Ottenburg?
3. How does Thea's family respond to her attendance and singing at the Mexican ball?
4. How does Thea help herself fall asleep the night before her big performance?
5. What gifts does Ottenburg send Thea when she is sick?
6. What does Thea come to realize about fate during her time at Ottenburg Ranch?
7. What is the story behind Ottenburg's first marriage?
8. What happens to Thea's father?
9. What is the pride of Tillie's life?
10. What key piece of information does Cather insert into Tillie's recollection about her time in Kansas City with Thea?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)