|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Aunt Tillie?
(a) The nurse who takes care of all the children in town.
(b) The woman who runs the local bakeshop.
(c) Thea's unmarried aunt.
(d) A woman who Thea's family adopts.
2. What does Harsanyi admire about Thea?
(a) Her smile.
(b) Her beauty.
(c) Her determination to learn new things.
(d) Her laugh.
3. What happens to Wunsch's piano students after his drunken incident?
(a) He gets a lot more of them.
(b) They tease him mercilessly.
(c) They stop misbehaving.
(d) They all leave.
4. Where does the tramp go to die?
(a) The city's water tank.
(b) Archie's house.
(c) Thea's house.
(d) The countryside.
5. With whom does Thea sometimes lose her temper?
(b) Her entire family.
(c) Her younger students.
(d) Her older students.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Thea first discover "Orpheus"?
2. How does Thea react to seeing the tramp the first time?
3. Where is Mrs. Lorch from?
4. What church does Thea's sister Anna join?
5. In which train of the car does Thea ride with Ray?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Thea's social life when she arrives in Chicago?
2. Why is Thea in tears after going to Archie's house to pick berries?
3. Why does Harsanyi begin to add voice lessons to Thea's piano?
4. What does Thea realize about her sister when she returns to Moonstone for the first time?
5. Why does Wunsch live with the Kohlers?
6. Why is Thea deeply distressed when Hasanyi tells her that she should pursue voice lessons instead?
7. How does Ray want Thea to use his life insurance money?
8. What does Thea decide after she hears the Chicago orchestra for the first time?
9. What does Thea think about her switch to studying voice instead of piano?
10. How does Thea feel about her train ride with Ray?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)