|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What music does Thea play and sing with the Harsanyi children?
(a) Music she wrote herself.
(b) Music she learned in Germany.
(c) Music Anna taught her.
(d) The music Wunsch taught her.
2. Who is the artist of "The Song of the Lark" painting?
(a) Andrew Breton.
(b) Julie Andrews.
(c) Julius Britain.
(d) Jules Breton.
3. What two characters share the name "Anna"?
(a) Thea's mother and her elementary school teacher.
(b) No characters share that name.
(c) Thea's sister and her elementary school teacher.
(d) Thea's mother and her sister.
4. What does Thea perform at the concert?
(d) "Mary Had a Little Lamb."
5. What does Tillie think about Thea?
(a) That she is beautiful, but dumb.
(b) That she is guilty of a crime.
(c) That she will someday be great.
(d) That she is spoiled.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Thea confess to Harsanyi that she sings in a church choir?
2. Who does Thea bring with her to pick berries at Archie's house?
3. What does the tramp claim to have been before he arrived in Moonstone?
4. Who is Spanish Johnny?
5. Where does the tramp go to die?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what is Mrs. Archie known?
2. Why is Thea in tears after going to Archie's house to pick berries?
3. How does Thea react to the tramp's death?
4. What reasons does Thea give Archie about studying in Germany?
5. Why does Thea prefer to sing instead of play piano at the holiday recital?
6. What does Mrs. Tellamantez think about Spanish Johnny's trips?
7. Why is Thea deeply distressed when Hasanyi tells her that she should pursue voice lessons instead?
8. How does the town react to the tramp's arrival?
9. What does Archie encourage the young Thea to do with her life?
10. What does Thea realize about her sister when she returns to Moonstone for the first time?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)