|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what kind of holiday concert does Thea perform?
(a) A spring concert.
(b) A Church Easter concert.
(c) A Sunday school Christmas concert.
(d) A Hanukkah concert.
2. With whom does Thea sometimes lose her temper?
(a) Her younger students.
(b) Her older students.
(d) Her entire family.
3. What does Larson offer Thea after he hears her sing?
(a) A position with his family choir.
(b) A position with the professional choir.
(c) A position with the church choir.
(d) A position with the school choir.
4. What is the first illness Dr. Archie diagnoses in Thea?
(b) The measles.
(c) The flu.
(d) Strep throat.
5. What impresses Wunsch the most about Thea?
(a) Her beautiful skin.
(b) Her intelligence.
(c) Her family's wealth.
(d) Her willingness to work hard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Dr. Howard Archie?
2. What kind of berries does Archie invite Thea to pick at his house?
3. What talent does Wunsch see in Thea?
4. How does Spanish Johnny escape Wunsch's attack?
5. Why doesn't Thea want to go pick berries at Archie's?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Thea get defensive when Archie asks about her lessons with Professor Wunsch?
2. What does Mr. Kronborg hope to do with the extra money Thea will make when she begins working full-time as a piano teacher?
3. What do Thea's parents discuss before her return from Chicago?
4. What does Thea realize about her sister when she returns to Moonstone for the first time?
5. What does Thea think about her switch to studying voice instead of piano?
6. How does Thea react to the tramp's death?
7. How does Thea feel about her train ride with Ray?
8. How is Thea's social life when she arrives in Chicago?
9. Why is the position that Larson offers Thea in the church choir so important?
10. When does Thea seem to be most herself during her first few weeks in Chicago?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)