|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Spanish Johnny often return from his adventures?
(a) Exhausted and sick.
(b) Thrilled and excited.
(c) Rich and famous.
(d) Poor, but healthy.
2. Who is Dr. Howard Archie?
(a) The town doctor.
(b) A doctor who visits once a year.
(c) A doctor who isn't really a doctor, but likes to be addressed as one.
(d) The town professor.
3. How often does Thea visit "The Song of the Lark"?
(a) Maybe once a year.
(b) Quite often.
(c) Every day.
(d) Just once.
4. How does Ray die?
(a) He is hit by a train and killed.
(b) He drowns.
(c) He kills himself because Thea won't marry him.
(d) He is murdered by an unknown assailant.
5. What is one of the first things Thea learns during her studies with Harsanyi?
(a) That she is incredibly gifted.
(b) That he is a bad teacher.
(c) That he has a crush on her.
(d) That she has much to learn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Thea want to go pick berries at Archie's?
2. Why has Thea chosen to study music?
3. What weapon does Wunsch have when he is found drunk in the garden?
4. Who is Andor Harsanyi?
5. What are Archie and Thea doing when they bump into each other in the middle of the night?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Thea prefer to sing instead of play piano at the holiday recital?
2. Why does Thea get defensive when Archie asks about her lessons with Professor Wunsch?
3. How is Wunsch subdued during his drunken rage?
4. For what is Mrs. Archie known?
5. Why does Harsanyi begin to add voice lessons to Thea's piano?
6. How does Mrs. Kronborg run her house?
7. Why does Wunsch live with the Kohlers?
8. When does Thea seem to be most herself during her first few weeks in Chicago?
9. How does Thea feel about her train ride with Ray?
10. How does Thea react when she realizes how far behind she is in her musical studies?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)