|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the Ottenburg Ranch located?
2. Why is Spanish Johnny in New York during Thea's grand performance?
(a) He is fleeing from the law.
(b) He comes just for her show.
(c) He is performing with a Mexican band in a circus.
(d) He has run away from Moonstone.
3. What does Thea tell Bowers she does not want to do for more money?
(a) Dress more revealing.
(b) Compliment his students.
(d) Smile for it.
4. How does Moonstone feel about Thea once she becomes famous?
(a) They are proud of her.
(b) They are horribly jealous.
(c) They try to sell dirty stories about her to the tabloids.
(d) They pretend she doesn't exist.
5. What happens the Thursday before Thea's biggest performance in New York?
(a) She catches a cold and therefore cannot sing.
(b) She has a nervous breakdown.
(c) She has a bad day.
(d) She breaks her leg.
6. What does Bowers notice about Thea when he sees her singing with Ottenburg?
(a) Her shoes.
(b) Her clothes.
(c) Her voice.
(d) Her back.
7. Who is the only other Kronborg that Thea stays in touch with?
(a) No one.
(d) Her older brother.
8. At what time does the ball conclude?
(a) When the police arrive.
(b) It goes for 3 straight days.
9. Why does Thea say she has not married Ottenburg?
(a) Because he cannot marry.
(b) Because she does not love him.
(c) Because he does not love her.
(d) All of these answers are correct.
10. Where does Thea first encounter Spanish Johnny when she returns home from Chicago?
(a) The drugstore.
(c) The grocery store.
(d) A restaurant.
11. What does Thea think of her time in Chicago as she is en route to the Ottenburg Ranch?
(a) That it saved her career.
(b) That it was a waste of time.
(c) That it went by too quickly.
(d) That it was a waste of money, but not time.
12. Who helps Archie with his work and his house?
(a) No one..
(b) Three Italian boys.
(c) The three kids he has with his new girlfriend.
(d) Three Japanese boys.
13. Where does Thea tell Ottenburg Wunsch is?
(a) Back in Moonstone.
(b) New York.
(c) San Francisco.
(d) She cannot answer because she doesn't know.
14. How is Thea going to get to Germany?
(a) By plane.
(b) By boat.
(c) By bus.
(d) By rail.
15. What does Mrs. Harsanyi think about Thea's working with Bowers?
(a) That Bowers will really help Thea.
(b) That Bowers is overcharging her.
(c) That Thea needs to stop complaining.
(d) That it is the wrong atmosphere for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Archie make sure he has before he heads to New York?
2. Who sings with Thea back at Johnny's house?
3. Who does Thea refuse to take money from?
4. How does Thea feel she learns from the native cave dwellers?
5. Who is present at Thea's big performance in New York?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)