|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What begins to have a bad taste and smell after the tramp supposedly leaves town?
(a) City hall.
(b) The bread everyone makes.
(c) A farm nearby.
(d) The town's water supply.
2. What item in the Kohler garden does Wunsch damage?
(a) The mailbox.
(b) The oldest tree in town.
(c) The peach tree.
(d) The dove house.
3. Where does Ray promise to take Thea one day?
(a) To see the great West.
(c) To visit the homes of the cliff dwellers.
4. Why are Thea's older brothers afraid of her return to Moonstone after she has been in Chicago?
(a) They are afraid of her new boyfriend.
(b) They are afraid she will be more bossy than before.
(c) They are afraid she will make them study piano again.
(d) They are afraid she will be snobby.
5. What has kept Wunsch from being successful?
(a) He is terribly ugly.
(b) His drinking.
(c) His stutter.
(d) His stage fright.
6. What does the tramp claim to have been before he arrived in Moonstone?
(a) A miner.
(b) An actor in a traveling troupe.
(c) A clown with a circus.
(d) A teacher of music.
7. What does Harsanyi think of Thea's musical talent?
(a) That it is underrated.
(b) That it is overrated.
(c) That she is indeed talented.
(d) That she has none whatsoever.
8. Why is the tramp arrested?
(a) For being drunk in public.
(b) For train robbery on his way into town.
(c) For putting on a show without a license.
(d) For theft.
9. What was the ultimate goal of Thea's studying of piano?
(a) So she could be a famous piano performer.
(b) So she could find a boyfriend or husband.
(c) So she could play in a band.
(d) So she could be a teacher.
10. Why does Anna think Thea should not practice secular music on Sundays?
(a) Because it is improper.
(b) Because she has to listen to music at church all day anyway.
(c) Because she needs to give her fingers a break.
(d) Because she never practices it on any other day.
11. What weapon does Wunsch have when he is found drunk in the garden?
(a) A gun.
(b) A lawnmower.
(c) An axe.
(d) A machete.
12. How often does Thea visit "The Song of the Lark"?
(a) Quite often.
(b) Maybe once a year.
(c) Every day.
(d) Just once.
13. Where does the tramp go to die?
(a) The countryside.
(b) Thea's house.
(c) Archie's house.
(d) The city's water tank.
14. What does Wunsch throw at Spanish Johnny when he attacks him?
(a) A chair.
(b) A hammer.
(c) A table.
(d) A dish.
15. How does Thea's family react to Anna's joining of a church?
(a) They are excited.
(b) They throw her a party.
(c) They are plagued by it.
(d) No one speaks to her for a week.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which train of the car does Thea ride with Ray?
2. What role does Larson have Thea sing in the choir?
3. What kind of berries does Archie invite Thea to pick at his house?
4. Who confirms to Harsanyi that Madison Bowers is the best voice teacher in the city?
5. What does Thea bring to Archie's house to pick berries?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)