|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What wish of Thea's mom does Thea grant the morning after she returns from Chicago?
(a) To sing at the dead girl's funeral.
(b) To keep her room a little neater.
(c) To babysit her siblings for the day.
(d) To grow her hair out since her mom likes it that way.
2. In which train of the car does Thea ride with Ray?
(a) The engine.
(b) The caboose.
(c) The dining car.
(d) Just a random car.
3. Why doesn't Thea want to go pick berries at Archie's?
(a) Because Mrs. Archie is mean.
(b) Because her parents have forbidden her to go there.
(c) Because she doesn't trust Archie.
(d) Because their house is haunted.
4. How does Spanish Johnny escape Wunsch's attack?
(a) He crashes through the door.
(b) He steals a car to get away.
(c) He crawls up the chimney.
(d) He slips out the window.
5. What does Ray Kennedy do for a living?
(a) Builds houses.
(b) Works as a dentist.
(c) Works on trains.
(d) Works at a gas station.
6. What role does Larson have Thea sing in the choir?
(d) All of these answers are correct.
7. Where does Ray promise to take Thea one day?
(a) To see the great West.
(c) To visit the homes of the cliff dwellers.
8. Where does the tramp go to die?
(a) The countryside.
(b) Thea's house.
(c) Archie's house.
(d) The city's water tank.
9. With whom does Thea perform in the holiday concert?
(d) No one; it is a concert only featuring her.
10. Where does the tramp try to put on a show?
(a) In Thea's house.
(b) The Moonstone.
(c) In the town square.
(d) In city hall.
11. How does Thea get to Moonstone for the first time after her initial stay in Chicago?
(a) By car.
(b) By plane.
(c) By train.
(d) By bus.
12. Who carries Wunsch home after he is found sitting, wrapped in a blanket?
(a) The Kohlers.
(b) Spanish Johnny and some other men.
(d) Archie alone.
13. What does Thea perform at the concert?
(b) "Mary Had a Little Lamb."
14. What does the tramp claim to have been before he arrived in Moonstone?
(a) A teacher of music.
(b) A clown with a circus.
(c) A miner.
(d) An actor in a traveling troupe.
15. What kind of berries does Archie invite Thea to pick at his house?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Archie give Wunsch a sedative upon bringing him home after discovering him wrapped in a blanket?
2. Who is sitting with Wunsch when Thea discovers him sitting, covered with a blanket?
3. Who wrote "The Song of the Lark"?
4. What does Tillie think about Thea?
5. What weapon does Wunsch have when he is found drunk in the garden?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)