|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many students does Thea have when she starts giving piano lessons?
2. What begins to have a bad taste and smell after the tramp supposedly leaves town?
(a) City hall.
(b) The town's water supply.
(c) The bread everyone makes.
(d) A farm nearby.
3. What is Thea's last name?
4. How much time passes in Chicago until Dr. Archie and Thea get to visit Reverend Lars Larson?
(a) Several months.
(b) Several weeks.
(c) Just a few hours.
(d) Several days.
5. Why are Thea's older brothers afraid of her return to Moonstone after she has been in Chicago?
(a) They are afraid of her new boyfriend.
(b) They are afraid she will be snobby.
(c) They are afraid she will make them study piano again.
(d) They are afraid she will be more bossy than before.
6. How does Spanish Johnny escape Wunsch's attack?
(a) He crawls up the chimney.
(b) He steals a car to get away.
(c) He crashes through the door.
(d) He slips out the window.
7. What has Thea's mom talked to her dad about prior to Thea's return?
(a) Not having to harvest the corn.
(b) Having to get married before she returns to Chicago.
(c) Not having to get married right away.
(d) Not working so hard in the church.
8. What wish of Thea's mom does Thea grant the morning after she returns from Chicago?
(a) To sing at the dead girl's funeral.
(b) To grow her hair out since her mom likes it that way.
(c) To keep her room a little neater.
(d) To babysit her siblings for the day.
9. What does Harsanyi think of Thea's experience?
(a) That it is limited.
(b) That it adds to the depth of her music.
(c) That she should stop talking about it and focus on her music.
(d) That she is distracted by it.
10. What does Thea do with the money she earns from teaching piano?
(a) Goes dancing.
(b) Buys a car.
(c) Fixes up her room.
(d) Gets some new clothes.
11. How does Mrs. Kronborg resolve the argument about music on Sundays between her two daughters?
(a) She makes both clean the other's room.
(b) She makes both of them cook dinner for everyone.
(c) She doesn't take sides and assigns Anna a section of the Bible to read.
(d) She sends both to their room with no dinner.
12. Why is the tramp arrested?
(a) For theft.
(b) For train robbery on his way into town.
(c) For being drunk in public.
(d) For putting on a show without a license.
13. What does Ray Kennedy hope to do one day?
(a) Become a doctor.
(b) Adopt Thor.
(c) Marry Thea.
(d) Adopt Thea.
14. How does Spanish Johnny often return from his adventures?
(a) Thrilled and excited.
(b) Poor, but healthy.
(c) Exhausted and sick.
(d) Rich and famous.
15. What does Wunsch throw at Spanish Johnny when he attacks him?
(a) A chair.
(b) A dish.
(c) A hammer.
(d) A table.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Thea's mother let her drop out of school?
2. What does Thea perform at the concert?
3. With whom do Thea and Ray ride the train car?
4. Who is Mrs. Tellamantez?
5. How long is Thea in Chicago before she visits the Art Institute?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)