|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Thea upset when she first visits the Art Institute?
(a) Because she never visited before.
(b) Because she is not allowed inside.
(c) Because all of the paintings have been vandalized.
(d) Because she runs into an old friend from Moonstone.
2. What item in the Kohler garden does Wunsch damage?
(a) The oldest tree in town.
(b) The peach tree.
(c) The mailbox.
(d) The dove house.
3. What is Thea's last name?
4. Who wrote "The Song of the Lark"?
(a) J. K. Rowling.
(b) Jane Austen.
(c) Willa Cather.
(d) Ernest Hemingway.
5. Why is the tramp arrested?
(a) For train robbery on his way into town.
(b) For putting on a show without a license.
(c) For theft.
(d) For being drunk in public.
6. What does Larson offer Thea after he hears her sing?
(a) A position with the church choir.
(b) A position with his family choir.
(c) A position with the school choir.
(d) A position with the professional choir.
7. What music does Thea play and sing with the Harsanyi children?
(a) Music she learned in Germany.
(b) Music Anna taught her.
(c) The music Wunsch taught her.
(d) Music she wrote herself.
8. What kind of instrument does Spanish Johnny play?
(a) The drums.
(b) A mandolin.
(c) A flute.
(d) A guitar.
9. What does Thea perform at the concert?
(b) "Mary Had a Little Lamb."
10. What does Thea contemplate on her first trip back to Moonstone?
(a) How nice Kennedy was.
(b) Her new boyfriend.
(c) How much she'll miss her apartment.
(d) Her decision to switch to voice.
11. What kind of student of Harsanyi's is Thea?
(a) One of his best.
(b) Thea never officially was his student.
(c) Just okay.
(d) One of his worst.
12. How does Mrs. Kronborg resolve the argument about music on Sundays between her two daughters?
(a) She sends both to their room with no dinner.
(b) She makes both of them cook dinner for everyone.
(c) She makes both clean the other's room.
(d) She doesn't take sides and assigns Anna a section of the Bible to read.
13. How often does Thea visit "The Song of the Lark"?
(a) Maybe once a year.
(b) Quite often.
(c) Every day.
(d) Just once.
14. How does Thea's family react to Anna's joining of a church?
(a) They are plagued by it.
(b) No one speaks to her for a week.
(c) They throw her a party.
(d) They are excited.
15. What does Tillie think about Thea?
(a) That she is spoiled.
(b) That she is beautiful, but dumb.
(c) That she will someday be great.
(d) That she is guilty of a crime.
Short Answer Questions
1. What impresses Wunsch the most about Thea?
2. What are Archie and Thea doing when they bump into each other in the middle of the night?
3. How does Thea get to Moonstone for the first time after her initial stay in Chicago?
4. Who is sitting with Wunsch when Thea discovers him sitting, covered with a blanket?
5. How does Thea react to seeing the tramp the first time?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)