|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ray die?
(a) He kills himself because Thea won't marry him.
(b) He drowns.
(c) He is hit by a train and killed.
(d) He is murdered by an unknown assailant.
2. In what kind of holiday concert does Thea perform?
(a) A Church Easter concert.
(b) A Hanukkah concert.
(c) A Sunday school Christmas concert.
(d) A spring concert.
3. Why does Thea's mother let her drop out of school?
(a) So she can help take care of the kids.
(b) So she can find someone to marry.
(c) So she can work more in the family restaurant.
(d) So she can become the town piano teacher.
4. What does Thea contemplate on her first trip back to Moonstone?
(a) Her decision to switch to voice.
(b) How nice Kennedy was.
(c) How much she'll miss her apartment.
(d) Her new boyfriend.
5. How does Thea react to seeing the tramp the first time?
(a) She yells for help.
(b) She greets him warmly.
(c) She covers her nose.
(d) She completely ignores him.
6. Who is Dr. Howard Archie?
(a) A doctor who visits once a year.
(b) The town doctor.
(c) A doctor who isn't really a doctor, but likes to be addressed as one.
(d) The town professor.
7. Why is the tramp arrested?
(a) For train robbery on his way into town.
(b) For being drunk in public.
(c) For putting on a show without a license.
(d) For theft.
8. How much life insurance money does Ray leave for Thea?
(a) Sixty dollars.
(b) Six thousand dollars.
(c) Sixty thousand dollars.
(d) Six hundred dollars.
9. What does Thea perform at the concert?
(c) "Mary Had a Little Lamb."
10. What treat does Dr. Archie bring to Thea as she recovers from her illness as a child?
(a) An apple.
(b) A cookie.
(d) A Tootsie Pop.
11. Who bids Wunsch goodbye as he leaves town?
(a) Nearly everyone.
12. With whom do Thea and Ray ride the train car?
(a) Thea's mother.
(b) Thea's father.
(c) Spanish Johnny.
13. How does Thea get to Moonstone for the first time after her initial stay in Chicago?
(a) By car.
(b) By plane.
(c) By bus.
(d) By train.
14. When does Thea confess to Harsanyi that she sings in a church choir?
(a) On the phone.
(b) In a letter.
(c) When she is at his house for dinner.
(d) During one of her lessons.
15. What does Ray Kennedy do for a living?
(a) Works at a gas station.
(b) Works on trains.
(c) Builds houses.
(d) Works as a dentist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harsanyi tell Thea about making the decision to encourage her to study voice?
2. What impresses Wunsch the most about Thea?
3. Where does Thea first discover "Orpheus"?
4. Where was the Thea born?
5. Who does Thea learn sang "Orpheus" well?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)