|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part VI, Chapters VII - Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Thea finally come to enjoy the mournful Wednesday prayer services her father makes her attend?
(a) Because she can just attend and not worry about teaching anyone.
(b) Because she gets to see her secret boyfriend there.
(c) Because there is no music involved, so that part of her brain can rest.
(d) Because they bolster her desire to be happy.
2. What do the Nathanmeyers think of Thea's voice?
(a) That it is definitely overrated.
(b) That it is just average.
(c) That it is the first real voice they've heard in Chicago.
(d) They never hear her sing; this is a trick question.
3. What does Tillie think about Thea?
(a) That she will someday be great.
(b) That she is beautiful, but dumb.
(c) That she is spoiled.
(d) That she is guilty of a crime.
4. Before she leaves for Germany, what does Thea make Ottenburg promise?
(a) To divorce his wife.
(b) To pay Archie back if she is unable.
(c) To visit her as soon as possible.
(d) To send her a letter every day.
5. What does Thea bring to Archie's house to pick berries?
(a) A book of piano music.
(b) A tablecloth.
(c) A large basket.
(d) A cake as a thank-you gift.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Thea want to go pick berries at Archie's?
2. Who wrote "The Song of the Lark"?
3. What does Thea admit to Archie that she hopes she can do in her life?
4. With whom does Thea sometimes lose her temper?
5. Where does the tramp go to die?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)