|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Quammen say the indri's future looks like?
(a) Likely extinction.
(b) Probable recovery.
(c) Expansion of territory and population.
(d) Quammen says it is uncertain.
2. What condition would help a species breed out harmful genes?
(a) Exposure to many similar species.
(d) Widespread breeding.
3. When did the Mauritius kestrel population begin to decline?
4. How did the data from Krakatau match Wilson and MacArthur's predictions?
(d) Not at all.
5. What would Carl Jones feed to the wild Mauritius kestrels?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the indri live?
2. What does Quammen describe about Bedo?
3. What species did Quammen search for at Aru?
4. What did Wilson show Quammen when the two men visited?
5. Why were people cutting down the forests in the place where Lovejoy implemented his plan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Quammen doing at the end of the book?
2. How did Carl Jones save the Mauritius kestrel?
3. What is the definition of 'viable' in Quammen's account?
4. What was the practical example of species management Quammen cited from Texas?
5. What did Lovejoy find in his studies on this question?
6. What does Quammen say about applying the case of the Mauritius kestrel to other species?
7. Describe Quammen's attempt to see an indri.
8. How does Quammen describe Bedo's death?
9. How do genetics play a role in the minimum viable population?
10. Why did Quammen choose Aru as the destination for his final chapter?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)