|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through So Huge A Bignes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What important book did Robert McArthur and Edward Wilson publish in 1967?
(a) 'The Origin of Species'.
(b) 'The Selfish Gene'.
(c) 'The Theory of Island Biogeography'.
(d) 'The Mismeasure of Man'.
2. What does Quammen interject into his historical narrative about ecosystem studies?
(a) Sociological insights.
(c) Apocalyptic visions.
(d) Personal stories.
3. Where did Quammen go to study temrecs?
(a) New Zealand.
(c) Sri Lanka.
4. Which scientist compared animals on islands with their counterparts on larger landmasses?
5. What is Quammen really describing as he imagines the hacked up rug?
(a) The spread of pathogens.
(b) Fragmented ecosystems.
(c) Loss of communication from one region to the next.
(d) Loss of environment to development.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Krakatau erupt?
2. What does David Quammen invoke as he describes cutting the rug?
3. What surprising dispersal ability does Quammen say elephants have?
4. Where did Wallace travel after the Amazon?
5. What does Quammen say about each of the pieces?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)