|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Gretel say she gained from winter?
2. Where was most of a cowboy's work done?
3. Why did Gretel originally go to Wyoming?
4. What time of day was it when Gretel arrived in Wyoming?
5. What town did Gretel first stay in Wyoming?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was David?
2. Who did Gretel work with in Wyoming?
3. What did Gretel say she regained within herself when she began working with animals?
4. What happened during irrigating season?
5. How did Gretel feel when she was left alone to herd the sheep?
6. What happened when Gretel worked on the sheep ranch and they were having a drought?
7. According to Gretel what were residents of Wyoming always waiting for?
8. What fears did Gretel having when sheep herding?
9. What did Gretel look for when she was in New York and felt homesick for Wyoming?
10. According to Gretel what type of person was a cowboy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Over time Gretel began to call Wyoming home, discuss why she felt so at home in Wyoming.
Essay Topic 2
Gretel had a great appreciation for the landscape of Wyoming. Discuss this, using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Gretel described the man that became her husband as a cultural straddle. Explain what you think she meant by that term.
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)