|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Gretel say made Westerners distrustful of outsiders?
2. What was a mother cow's job on a ranch?
3. What did Seamus Henry say about landscape?
4. What did Gretel say animals didn't care about?
5. How often did the dams have to be changed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened during irrigating season?
2. What happened when Gretel worked on the sheep ranch and they were having a drought?
3. What did Gretel look for when she was in New York and felt homesick for Wyoming?
4. What did Gretel say she regained within herself when she began working with animals?
5. How did Gretel feel when she was left alone to herd the sheep?
6. According to Gretel what were residents of Wyoming always waiting for?
7. Why did Gretel go to Wyoming?
8. Who did Gretel work with in Wyoming?
9. What did Gretel say living with animals made her redefine?
10. What is the weather like during winter in Wyoming?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Gretel's feelings about Wyoming after she had lived there for 4 years.
Essay Topic 2
When Gretel got married she toasted to the end of loneliness, but didn't really believe that it would be so. Discuss why Gretel felt that way.
Essay Topic 3
Gretel had a great appreciation for the landscape of Wyoming. Discuss this, using examples from the book.
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)