|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Gretel's original motive for moving to Wyoming?
(a) To expand her horizons.
(b) To lose herself.
(c) To learn to herd sheep.
(d) To experience a different lifestyle.
2. How many ranch hands had the largest ranch in Wyoming had?
3. What illness prevented Ben from working?
(d) A fever.
4. How long had Gretel been in Wyoming at the start of the book?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 3 years.
5. Who brought Ben groceries?
(a) A ranch hand.
(c) A plumber.
(d) The ranch owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many square miles is Wyoming?
2. What feeling did Gretel get when she went to Wyoming?
3. What did Ben live in?
4. How many days did Gretel's first job in Wyoming last?
5. How many sheep where there to lamb out?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did it mean to "winter in town"?
2. How did those working in the lambing shed try to make a ewe believe that an orphaned lamb was hers?
3. What were the lambing sheds like?
4. What is the biggest characteristic of the landscape in Wyoming?
5. How were the workers on a ranch treated by the ranch owner?
6. Why was John's nickname high pockets?
7. What is winter in Wyoming like?
8. What is the landscape of Wyoming like?
9. Why did Ben live 20 miles outside of town?
10. Who was Dorothy?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)