|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who brought Ben groceries?
(a) The ranch owner.
(b) A plumber.
(d) A ranch hand.
2. What type of personality did Dorothy have?
3. How did Gretel's dog teach her to sleep?
(a) Curled in a ball.
(b) Curled against sagebrush.
(c) In a bed.
(d) Stretched out.
4. What was the most important thing that ranches provided the sheepherders and cowboys with?
(c) Working dog.
5. How long had Gretel been in Wyoming at the start of the book?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 5 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was John's nickname?
2. How many days did the herding trip take that Gretel was on at the beginning of the book?
3. How old was Dorothy?
4. How old was Henry?
5. What is most of the landscape of Wyoming made up of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Gretel experience when she arrived in Wyoming?
2. What is the biggest characteristic of the landscape in Wyoming?
3. Who was Henry Tucker?
4. How were the workers on a ranch treated by the ranch owner?
5. What is the landscape of Wyoming like?
6. Why was John's nickname high pockets?
7. What is winter in Wyoming like?
8. What were the lambing sheds like?
9. How did John react to the open space of Wyoming?
10. What tools were given to cowboys and sheepherders?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)