|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which three sheepherders wanted their wagons moved during lambing season?
(a) Albert, Fred and John.
(b) Rudy, Fred and John.
(c) Ed, Fred and John.
(d) Albert, Ed and Rudy.
2. What about the people of Wyoming flushed out the rawness that Gretel felt within herself?
(a) Their love of the land.
(b) Their welcoming attitude.
(c) Their vitality.
(d) Their love for what they did.
3. When was the auction for the largest ranch in Wyoming held?
(a) At the height of wet season.
(b) At the height of lambing season.
(c) At the height of dry season.
(d) At the height of calving season.
4. What did Cliff want to be?
(a) A cowboy.
(b) An auctioneer.
(c) A ranch owner.
(d) A songwriter.
5. How many miles was the herding trip that Gretel was on at the beginning of the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what season did Gretel arrive in Wyoming?
2. How long had the largest ranch in Wyoming been in business before it went under?
3. When did the lambing season end?
4. Who was Dorothy's boyfriend?
5. Who was Dorothy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Gretel experience when she arrived in Wyoming?
2. Why did Ben live 20 miles outside of town?
3. How did John react to the open space of Wyoming?
4. What was a big ranch like?
5. What is the biggest characteristic of the landscape in Wyoming?
6. Why was John's nickname high pockets?
7. How did the owners of the largest ranch in Wyoming feel as their ranch was being auctioned off?
8. How did those working in the lambing shed try to make a ewe believe that an orphaned lamb was hers?
9. What is winter in Wyoming like?
10. Why did Gretel feel that to live and work in Wyoming was to lose distinction of background and foreground?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)