|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What month was it when the book began?
2. What were farm hands who worked on a ranch provided with?
(b) Air conditioned tractors.
(d) Working dogs.
3. How many sheep where there to lamb out?
4. What state had Dorothy lived in before moving to Wyoming?
5. How many square miles is Wyoming?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does winter last in Wyoming?
2. How often were the groceries brought to Ben?
3. How many places in Wyoming could be called cities when Gretel moved there?
4. What impact did the downfall of a big ranch have on it's employees?
5. What was the most important thing that ranches provided the sheepherders and cowboys with?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did those working in the lambing shed try to make a ewe believe that an orphaned lamb was hers?
2. What tools were given to cowboys and sheepherders?
3. Why did Gretel feel that to live and work in Wyoming was to lose distinction of background and foreground?
4. How were the workers on a ranch treated by the ranch owner?
5. What was Gretel's original motive when moving to Wyoming?
6. What is winter in Wyoming like?
7. How did John react to the open space of Wyoming?
8. What did Gretel experience when she arrived in Wyoming?
9. What did it mean to "winter in town"?
10. Why did Ben live 20 miles outside of town?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)