|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word did Gretel use to describe the inside of John's trailer?
2. Where was most of a cowboy's work done?
(a) On the ranch.
(c) Sitting down.
(d) On horseback.
3. What direction did the doors of Gretel's wagon face?
4. What state would Gretel have ended up in if she had gone north?
(b) South Dakota.
5. How many dams did Frank set to control the flooding water?
6. What were the names of Gretel's crew members?
(a) Joan and Nick.
(b) Nick and Rebecca.
(c) Joan and Steve.
(d) Rebecca and Steve.
7. What did Gretel say people burdened animals with?
(a) Their unappreciativeness.
(b) Bodies and civilized ordeals.
(c) Their attitudes.
(d) Their problems.
8. According to Gretel what work did cowboys look down on?
(a) Farmer's work.
(b) Construction work.
(c) City folk's work.
(d) Bankers work.
9. What town did Gretel first stay in Wyoming?
(a) Dale Creek.
10. What did the lambs that Gretel was herding do up the valley?
(a) Almost drown in the water.
(b) Get into the oil.
(c) Get into the mud.
(d) Fall into the quick sand.
11. Who quit at the beginning of Chapter 5?
12. What color was the motel that Gretel stayed in when she first arrived in Wyoming?
13. What did Gretel say winter was?
(a) A scroll.
(b) An exciting adventure.
(c) A fantasy.
(d) A dream.
14. What did Gretel say made Westerners distrustful of outsiders?
(a) Their patronizing attitude toward animals.
(b) Their unappreciative attitude of nature.
(c) Their condescending attitude.
(d) Their lack of understanding.
15. Why did Gretel originally go to Wyoming?
(a) To become a rancher.
(b) To become a sheep herder.
(c) To escape her life.
(d) To film a documentary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job did the neighboring rancher prefer?
2. What did Gretel say she gained from winter?
3. What did Gretel say winter in Wyoming looked like?
4. What time did John leave Gretel on the ridge?
5. How long was a cowboy's typical workday?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)