|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many dams did Frank set to control the flooding water?
2. What state would Gretel have ended up in if she had gone north?
(b) South Dakota.
3. What motel did Gretel stay in when she first arrived in Wyoming?
(a) Motel Six.
(d) Days Inn.
4. What did old timer's say storms were announced by?
(a) A warning by dogs.
(b) Howling wind.
(c) A change in body temperature.
(d) Mare's tails.
5. What did Gretel say people burdened animals with?
(a) Their problems.
(b) Their attitudes.
(c) Their unappreciativeness.
(d) Bodies and civilized ordeals.
6. In what year did Gretel first arrive in Wyoming?
7. What time of day was it when Gretel arrived in Wyoming?
8. How long is the irrigating season in Wyoming?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 4 months.
(c) 5 months.
(d) 3 months.
9. According to Gretel what element of a cowboy's job was dramatically underplayed?
(a) The common sense.
(b) The maternalism.
(c) The courage required.
(d) The physical hardship.
10. How many sheep was Gretel responsible for?
11. What did Gretel look for when she was in New York and missing Wyoming?
(a) Winston ads.
(b) Salem ads.
(c) Camel ads.
(d) Marlboro ads.
12. According to Gretel what could a daily chore grow into?
(a) Old hat.
13. What did the Chinese call drifting snow?
(a) White jade mountains.
(b) Sparkling jade.
(c) Rivers of jade.
(d) Jade Peaks.
14. What job did the neighboring rancher prefer?
15. What town did Gretel first stay in Wyoming?
(c) Dale Creek.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time did John leave Gretel on the ridge?
2. Why did Gretel originally go to Wyoming?
3. What did Gretel relate the passage of seasons to?
4. What did Gretel say animals held her to?
5. Where was most of a cowboy's work done?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)