|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event did Gretel meet her husband at?
(a) John Wayne Film Festival.
(b) Cowboy Film Festival.
(d) Grocery store.
2. Why did Gretel originally go to Wyoming?
(a) To become a sheep herder.
(b) To escape her life.
(c) To become a rancher.
(d) To film a documentary.
3. Who quit at the beginning of Chapter 5?
4. What did Gretel say people burdened animals with?
(a) Their unappreciativeness.
(b) Bodies and civilized ordeals.
(c) Their problems.
(d) Their attitudes.
5. Where was most of a cowboy's work done?
(a) On horseback.
(b) Sitting down.
(c) On the ranch.
6. In what year did Gretel first arrive in Wyoming?
7. How much did cowboys get paid a day?
8. What town did Gretel first stay in Wyoming?
(b) Dale Creek.
9. What was a mother cow's job on a ranch?
(a) To provide milk.
(b) To provide fur.
(c) To provide food.
(d) To have babies.
10. What did Gretel say animals held her to?
(a) To be thankful.
(c) The future.
(d) What was present.
11. What did Gretel say winter was?
(a) An exciting adventure.
(b) A scroll.
(c) A fantasy.
(d) A dream.
12. What were the only things that Gretel could see when she arrived in Wyoming?
(a) Black sky and valleys.
(b) White peaks and cornfields.
(c) White peaks and valleys.
(d) White peaks and black sky.
13. Why did Gretel believe that cowboys were "strong and silent"?
(a) Because that was their personality.
(b) Because they didn't like people.
(c) Because they were lonely.
(d) Because they had no one to talk to.
14. What did the lambs that Gretel was herding do up the valley?
(a) Get into the mud.
(b) Fall into the quick sand.
(c) Get into the oil.
(d) Almost drown in the water.
15. How long was a cowboy's typical workday?
(a) 10-15 hours.
(b) 8-10 hours.
(c) 10-12 hours.
(d) 12-15 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Gretel move after a month in Wyoming?
2. What time of day was it when Gretel arrived in Wyoming?
3. What did Gretel say made Westerners distrustful of outsiders?
4. How long is the irrigating season in Wyoming?
5. How much rain does Wyoming get in the fall and spring each year?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)