|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many square miles is Wyoming?
2. What type of personality did Dorothy have?
3. What feeling did Gretel get when she went to Wyoming?
(c) An awakening.
4. What was Gretel's first job in Wyoming?
(a) Helping to shear and brand sheep.
(b) Herding sheep.
(c) Branding cattle.
(d) Herding cattle.
5. When did the lambing season start?
6. How did Gretel feel in the winter?
(a) The happiest she had ever been.
(b) The saddest she had ever been.
(c) Like the first or last person on earth.
(d) Totally alone.
7. What did Ben live in?
(b) Sheep wagon.
8. What illness prevented Ben from working?
(a) A fever.
9. How many ranch hands had the largest ranch in Wyoming had?
10. What did the old ranch hand say that there was lots of in Wyoming?
(d) Open space and rattlesnakes.
11. What did Cliff want to be?
(a) A songwriter.
(b) An auctioneer.
(c) A cowboy.
(d) A ranch owner.
12. Where did Henry Tucker live?
(a) Outside the ranch.
(b) In the barn.
(c) At the heart of the ranch.
(d) In town.
13. How many days did Gretel's first job in Wyoming last?
14. How long had Gretel been in Wyoming at the start of the book?
(a) 4 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 2 years.
15. According to Gretel what place in Wyoming did most Wyomingites grudgingly acknowledge?
(a) Jackson Hole.
(b) Devil's Tower.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much debt were the owners of the largest ranch in Wyoming in when they sold it?
2. Which three sheepherders wanted their wagons moved during lambing season?
3. What did Gretel say the landscape felt like in winter?
4. What was the population of the biggest city in Wyoming when Gretel moved there?
5. Who brought Ben groceries?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)