|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the population of the biggest city in Wyoming when Gretel moved there?
2. How often were the groceries brought to Ben?
(a) Once a week.
(b) Every other week.
(c) Once a month.
(d) Twice a week.
3. How long does winter last in Wyoming?
(a) 4 months.
(b) 5 months.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 3 months.
4. What was the most important thing that ranches provided the sheepherders and cowboys with?
(b) Working dog.
5. Which of the current owners of the largest ranch in Wyoming was a descendant of the original ranchers?
(a) The husband.
(b) The wife.
(c) The niece.
(d) The aunt.
6. What feeling did Gretel get when she went to Wyoming?
(b) An awakening.
7. How many places in Wyoming could be called cities when Gretel moved there?
8. How much debt were the owners of the largest ranch in Wyoming in when they sold it?
(a) 1 million dollars.
(b) 2 million dollars.
(c) 500,000 dollars.
(d) 1.5 million dollars.
9. What type of personality did Dorothy have?
10. When was the auction for the largest ranch in Wyoming held?
(a) At the height of dry season.
(b) At the height of lambing season.
(c) At the height of wet season.
(d) At the height of calving season.
11. How did Gretel's dog teach her to sleep?
(a) Stretched out.
(b) Curled in a ball.
(c) Curled against sagebrush.
(d) In a bed.
12. Who brought Ben groceries?
(a) The ranch owner.
(c) A plumber.
(d) A ranch hand.
13. How long had Gretel been in Wyoming at the start of the book?
(a) 4 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 2 years.
14. According to Gretel what type of look did the owners of the largest ranch in Wyoming have at the auction?
(d) Drawn and brittle.
15. What impact did the downfall of a big ranch have on it's employees?
(b) Criminal charges.
(d) Civil charges.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Dorothy?
2. How long were the work days at Gretel's first job in Wyoming?
3. How many days did the herding trip take that Gretel was on at the beginning of the book?
4. How many days did Gretel's first job in Wyoming last?
5. How long had the largest ranch in Wyoming been in business before it went under?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)