|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Gretel what did people in Wyoming feel pride about?
(a) That there weren't many people there.
(b) That they lived in a harsh place.
(c) That Yellowstone was located there.
(d) That the ranches there were some of the biggest.
2. What did Ben live in?
(b) Sheep wagon.
3. What did Cliff want to be?
(a) A ranch owner.
(b) A cowboy.
(c) An auctioneer.
(d) A songwriter.
4. Which three sheepherders wanted their wagons moved during lambing season?
(a) Ed, Fred and John.
(b) Albert, Ed and Rudy.
(c) Albert, Fred and John.
(d) Rudy, Fred and John.
5. What type of personality did Dorothy have?
6. How many ranch hands had the largest ranch in Wyoming had?
7. What was the population of the biggest city in Wyoming when Gretel moved there?
8. What illness prevented Ben from working?
(b) A fever.
9. How many sheep was Gretel herding at the beginning of the book?
10. How many places in Wyoming could be called cities when Gretel moved there?
11. What type of environment did Ben prefer?
(c) Filled with people.
12. How many square miles is Wyoming?
13. Who brought Ben groceries?
(a) A ranch hand.
(b) The ranch owner.
(d) A plumber.
14. When did the lambing season start?
15. How long does winter last in Wyoming?
(a) 4 months.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 5 months.
(d) 6 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Gretel's original motive for moving to Wyoming?
2. What month was it when the book began?
3. How far outside of town did Ben live?
4. In what season did Gretel arrive in Wyoming?
5. How many days did the herding trip take that Gretel was on at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)