|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many sheep where there to lamb out?
2. Where was Gretel herding the sheep to at the beginning of the book?
(b) Big Horn Mountains.
(c) Wyoming Badlands.
(d) Star Valley.
3. How long does winter last in Wyoming?
(a) 5 months.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 4 months.
4. How old was Dorothy?
(a) In her thirties.
(b) In her forties.
(c) In her fifties.
(d) In her twenties.
5. How many days did Gretel's first job in Wyoming last?
6. According to Gretel what type of look did the owners of the largest ranch in Wyoming have at the auction?
(a) Drawn and brittle.
7. What did the old ranch hand say that there was lots of in Wyoming?
(d) Open space and rattlesnakes.
8. What is the lowest temperature Wyoming gets to in the winter?
(a) 20 below zero.
(b) 10 below zero.
(c) 40 below zero.
(d) 30 below zero.
9. What did Gretel say the landscape felt like in winter?
(a) A dungeon.
(b) A cave.
(c) A jail.
(d) A prison.
10. How old was Henry?
(a) In his sixties.
(b) In his seventies.
(c) In his eighties.
(d) In his fifties.
11. How many square miles is Wyoming?
12. Which of the current owners of the largest ranch in Wyoming was a descendant of the original ranchers?
(a) The niece.
(b) The husband.
(c) The wife.
(d) The aunt.
13. How often were the groceries brought to Ben?
(a) Every other week.
(b) Twice a week.
(c) Once a week.
(d) Once a month.
14. How many ranch hands had the largest ranch in Wyoming had?
15. What was the most important thing that ranches provided the sheepherders and cowboys with?
(c) Working dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long had Gretel been in Wyoming at the start of the book?
2. What was the population of Wyoming when Gretel moved there?
3. How long were the work days at Gretel's first job in Wyoming?
4. How long had the largest ranch in Wyoming been in business before it went under?
5. Who was the auctioneer auctioning off the largest ranch in Wyoming?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)