|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the lambing season start?
2. What mountain was Gretel herding the sheep past?
(a) Big Horn.
(c) Black Tooth.
3. What type of look did Gretel say that most of Wyoming had?
4. What did Gretel say the landscape felt like in winter?
(a) A prison.
(b) A dungeon.
(c) A cave.
(d) A jail.
5. When did the lambing season end?
6. What illness prevented Ben from working?
(d) A fever.
7. How long does winter last in Wyoming?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 4 months.
(c) 5 months.
(d) 3 months.
8. What about the people of Wyoming flushed out the rawness that Gretel felt within herself?
(a) Their love of the land.
(b) Their love for what they did.
(c) Their welcoming attitude.
(d) Their vitality.
9. How much debt were the owners of the largest ranch in Wyoming in when they sold it?
(a) 500,000 dollars.
(b) 2 million dollars.
(c) 1.5 million dollars.
(d) 1 million dollars.
10. According to Gretel what type of look did the owners of the largest ranch in Wyoming have at the auction?
(b) Drawn and brittle.
11. Who was Dorothy?
(a) A ranch owner.
(b) Gretel's sister.
(c) A friend of Gretel's.
(d) A cowgirl.
12. What month was it when the book began?
13. Who was Dorothy's boyfriend?
14. According to Gretel what did people in Wyoming feel pride about?
(a) That Yellowstone was located there.
(b) That the ranches there were some of the biggest.
(c) That there weren't many people there.
(d) That they lived in a harsh place.
15. How many sheep where there to lamb out?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many square miles is Wyoming?
2. How far outside of town did Ben live?
3. In what season did Gretel arrive in Wyoming?
4. Where did Henry Tucker live?
5. What was the population of Wyoming when Gretel moved there?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)