|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was John's nickname?
(a) Limber legs.
(b) High legs.
2. According to Gretel what did people in Wyoming feel pride about?
(a) That Yellowstone was located there.
(b) That there weren't many people there.
(c) That they lived in a harsh place.
(d) That the ranches there were some of the biggest.
3. Which of the current owners of the largest ranch in Wyoming was a descendant of the original ranchers?
(a) The aunt.
(b) The wife.
(c) The niece.
(d) The husband.
4. What type of personality did Dorothy have?
5. What did Cliff want to be?
(a) A songwriter.
(b) A ranch owner.
(c) A cowboy.
(d) An auctioneer.
6. According to Gretel what place in Wyoming did most Wyomingites grudgingly acknowledge?
(b) Jackson Hole.
(c) Devil's Tower.
7. What was the most important thing that ranches provided the sheepherders and cowboys with?
(c) Working dog.
8. According to Gretel what type of look did the owners of the largest ranch in Wyoming have at the auction?
(b) Drawn and brittle.
9. How many days did the herding trip take that Gretel was on at the beginning of the book?
10. What type of look did Gretel say that most of Wyoming had?
11. What did Gretel relate a big ranch too?
(a) A farm.
(b) A small rodeo.
(c) A miniature society.
(d) A big city.
12. What about the people of Wyoming flushed out the rawness that Gretel felt within herself?
(a) Their love for what they did.
(b) Their love of the land.
(c) Their welcoming attitude.
(d) Their vitality.
13. How often were the groceries brought to Ben?
(a) Once a month.
(b) Once a week.
(c) Every other week.
(d) Twice a week.
14. What was Gretel's first job in Wyoming?
(a) Helping to shear and brand sheep.
(b) Branding cattle.
(c) Herding sheep.
(d) Herding cattle.
15. How many sheep where there to lamb out?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many ranch hands had the largest ranch in Wyoming had?
2. Which three sheepherders wanted their wagons moved during lambing season?
3. When did the lambing season end?
4. Where did Henry Tucker live?
5. What did the old ranch hand say that there was lots of in Wyoming?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)