|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was John's nickname?
(c) Limber legs.
(d) High legs.
2. How long had Gretel been in Wyoming at the start of the book?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 5 years.
3. What was the most important thing that ranches provided the sheepherders and cowboys with?
(d) Working dog.
4. Where did Henry Tucker live?
(a) In the barn.
(b) In town.
(c) Outside the ranch.
(d) At the heart of the ranch.
5. How did Gretel feel in the winter?
(a) The happiest she had ever been.
(b) Like the first or last person on earth.
(c) Totally alone.
(d) The saddest she had ever been.
6. What feeling did Gretel get when she went to Wyoming?
(c) An awakening.
7. What state had Dorothy lived in before moving to Wyoming?
8. What type of environment did Ben prefer?
(a) Filled with people.
9. Which of the current owners of the largest ranch in Wyoming was a descendant of the original ranchers?
(a) The wife.
(b) The aunt.
(c) The niece.
(d) The husband.
10. According to Gretel what did people in Wyoming feel pride about?
(a) That Yellowstone was located there.
(b) That they lived in a harsh place.
(c) That the ranches there were some of the biggest.
(d) That there weren't many people there.
11. Who was the auctioneer auctioning off the largest ranch in Wyoming?
12. What were farm hands who worked on a ranch provided with?
(b) Air conditioned tractors.
(d) Working dogs.
13. Where was Gretel herding the sheep to at the beginning of the book?
(a) Big Horn Mountains.
(b) Star Valley.
(d) Wyoming Badlands.
14. Who brought Ben groceries?
(a) The ranch owner.
(c) A plumber.
(d) A ranch hand.
15. Which three sheepherders wanted their wagons moved during lambing season?
(a) Rudy, Fred and John.
(b) Albert, Ed and Rudy.
(c) Albert, Fred and John.
(d) Ed, Fred and John.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the lambing season end?
2. What is the lowest temperature Wyoming gets to in the winter?
3. What was the population of the biggest city in Wyoming when Gretel moved there?
4. What did the old ranch hand say that there was lots of in Wyoming?
5. What month was it when the book began?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)