|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Gretel herding the sheep to at the beginning of the book?
(a) Star Valley.
(b) Big Horn Mountains.
(c) Wyoming Badlands.
2. According to Gretel what did people in Wyoming feel pride about?
(a) That there weren't many people there.
(b) That the ranches there were some of the biggest.
(c) That they lived in a harsh place.
(d) That Yellowstone was located there.
3. According to Gretel what element of a cowboy's job was dramatically underplayed?
(a) The physical hardship.
(b) The courage required.
(c) The common sense.
(d) The maternalism.
4. What time of day was it when Gretel arrived in Wyoming?
5. Who said that winter looked oceanic?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of environment did Ben prefer?
2. What does Wyoming mean in Indian?
3. What did Gretel say the landscape felt like in winter?
4. How many sheep was Gretel responsible for?
5. What time did Gretel leave with Stan and Mary on the first morning of cattle herding?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)