Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following men was destroyed for his talent?
2. Which of the following aspects of Juvenal's life did Persicus investigate?
3. Which of the following crimes did Persicus accuse Juvenal of committing?
4. Juvenal opined that just as adults cleaned their homes, they should also clean which of the following?
5. Which of the following actions did Juvenal label as "pointless and destructive"?
In Satire II, Juvenal is particularly concerned with the vices of the Roman people. in Juvenal's opinion, what are the most common vices among them? How do those vices interact with the vices of those comprising the populace of the rest of the world? What fears does Juvenal express when discussing the vices of the Roman people and their future interactions throughout the world?
Juvenal devotes Satire II to discussing the behavior of Roman men. First, list the behaviors that Juvenal labels as immoral in Satire II. Then, describe which of those behaviors Juvenal finds to be most bothersome and explain why. Finally, explain how Domitian acts as a prime example of Juvenal's argument about immorality.
Naevolus is a friend of Juvenal's who is living a life that lacks Juvenal's approval. First, describe Naevolus' physicality. How has his appearance changed over the course of his relationship with Juvenal? What part of Naevolus' life has led to the change in his appearance? How does Juvenal feel about the life changes that Naevolus has undergone?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)