Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following men was destroyed for his talent?
2. Which of the following aspects of Juvenal's life did Persicus investigate?
3. Which of the following crimes did Persicus accuse Juvenal of committing?
4. Juvenal opined that just as adults cleaned their homes, they should also clean which of the following?
5. Which of the following actions did Juvenal label as "pointless and destructive"?
When Trebius attends Virro's dinner party, he is shocked by the treatment that he receives. What segments of Virro's dinner party did Trebius find most startling? When discussing the party with Juvenal later, how did their opinions of the events differ? What point did Juvenal try to make about society by citing Trebius' experience at Virro's dinner party?
Juvenal has a lot to say about political ambition, and the ambition for power. How does Juvenal feel about the men who seek political power? What are the benefits of political power? What are the drawbacks? Juvenal uses two men as prime examples in his argument about political power- -Cicero and Demosthenes. Describe each of those men, and their pursuit for power. Were the men successful, or did they fail in their pursuits?
Juvenal has very strong opinions about Roman teachers, their pupils, and the pupils' parents. First, describe the role that teachers play in Roman society. Then, compare/contrast the way that teachers are treated by their students with the way that they are treated by their students' parents. What is Juvenal's reaction to the treatment that teachers in Rome receive? Do you agree with his position? Why or why not?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)