|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the reign of which of the following were many Romans separated from their wealth and their assets seized?
2. What did Juvenal think would happen to Fuscinus' wealthy daughter-in-law?
(a) Her husband would kill her.
(b) Her husband would cheat on her.
(c) Her husband would divorce her.
(d) Her husband would ignore her.
3. Who called on Blandus to earn the respect of the town through his actions?
(a) Cossutianus Capito.
4. Which of the following words did Juvenal use to describe the negative effect that inheritances had on an individual?
5. Which herb did Juvenal advise Naevolus to chew as an aphrodisiac?
(a) Gai Lan.
6. According to Juvenal, which of the following flower types drew men naturally?
7. Who was Naevolus' lover?
8. Which of the following crimes did Persicus accuse Juvenal of committing?
9. Who stole money from Calvinus?
(a) His father.
(b) His friend.
(c) His wife.
(d) The church.
10. Which of the following did the captain of the sinking ship trust for safety?
(a) The gods.
(b) The wind.
(d) The crew.
11. Why was Juvenal so proud of Catullus' quick action aboard the ship?
(a) Because he was sensible.
(b) Because he was quick.
(c) Because he was brave.
(d) Because he was strong.
12. Which of the following prayers did Juvenal consider to be pointless?
(a) The prayer for wisdom.
(b) The prayer for good health.
(c) The prayer for wealth.
(d) The prayer for long life.
13. Which of the following was NOT something that Juvenal believed that all men should know about themselves?
(a) Their religious salvation.
(b) Their love for a spouse.
(c) The limits of their talent.
(d) Their financial standings.
14. Who did Catullus claim to have smiled on the ship on the day of its sinking?
15. The Tagres and the Pactolus referred to which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. During Juvenal's age of mankind, what did he claim to not have a mental base in men?
2. Which of the following characteristics was Blandus' only claim to nobility?
3. Which of the following did Juvenal order in celebration for Catallus' safe return?
4. Which of the following actions did Juvenal label as "pointless and destructive"?
5. Which of the following crimes was NOT committed by Calvinus?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)