Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following men was destroyed for his talent?
2. Which of the following aspects of Juvenal's life did Persicus investigate?
(a) His educational background.
(b) His religious affiliations.
(c) His financal standing.
(d) His romantic involvement.
3. Which of the following crimes did Persicus accuse Juvenal of committing?
4. Juvenal opined that just as adults cleaned their homes, they should also clean which of the following?
(a) The streets of Rome.
(b) The church windows.
(c) Their own souls.
(d) The lives of their children.
5. Which of the following actions did Juvenal label as "pointless and destructive"?
6. How many children did Naevolus father with his lover's wife?
7. What was the name of the father of Alexander the Great?
8. During the reign of which of the following were many Romans separated from their wealth and their assets seized?
9. How many sons did Catullus have?
10. Which of the following did Juvenal order in celebration for Catallus' safe return?
(a) A round of beers at the saloon.
(b) An offering to the gods.
(c) The erection of a Maypole.
(d) Flowers planted at the harbor.
11. Which of the following acts did Juvenal consider to be a degradation to heritage?
12. Who stole money from Calvinus?
(a) His friend.
(b) The church.
(c) His father.
(d) His wife.
13. What was the name of the famous gourmand in Satire XI?
14. In Satire XIV, which of the following crimes did Juvenal accuse Rutilus of committing?
(a) Beating his slaves.
(b) Drinking liquor.
(c) Stealing from the church.
(d) Cheating on his wife.
15. The Tagres and the Pactolus referred to which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following men froze when the ship he was riding began to sink?
2. Which of the following item types concerned gourmands the most?
3. Why did Naevolus leave his comfortable job in town?
4. During Juvenal's age of mankind, what did he claim to not have a mental base in men?
5. How did Pompey finally die?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)