|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Juvenal claim to be the only fear that Roman men had?
(a) Sexual immorality.
(c) The wrath of the gods.
2. Which of the following men did NOT have to bury one of his children?
3. Which of the following facts did Juvenal NOT brag about over his dinner with Persicus?
(a) His meal being meager.
(b) His bedding being thin.
(c) His cups being very cheap.
(d) His servant being a novice.
4. Where did Naevolus work before leaving his job?
(a) At the school.
(b) At the temple.
(c) At the market.
(d) At the infirmary.
5. Which of the following crimes did Persicus accuse Juvenal of committing?
6. How many sons did Catullus have?
7. Which of the following gift requests was denied to Naevolus by his lover?
8. Who stole money from Calvinus?
(a) The church.
(b) His father.
(c) His wife.
(d) His friend.
9. Which of the following aspects of Juvenal's life did Persicus investigate?
(a) His educational background.
(b) His financal standing.
(c) His religious affiliations.
(d) His romantic involvement.
10. According to Juvenal, which of the following types of men would a good ruler NOT torment?
(a) Noble men.
(b) Desperate men.
(c) Virtuous men.
(d) Guilty men.
11. Which religion did Juvenal claim to be "a vice disguised as virtue"?
12. According to Juvenal, which of the following flower types drew men naturally?
13. Who called on Blandus to earn the respect of the town through his actions?
(d) Cossutianus Capito.
14. How did Naevolus' lover react to the news that his wife was pregnant by another man?
(a) He is irate.
(b) He is proud.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is apathetic.
15. Which of the following did Catullus throw overboard to prevent the ship from sinking?
(a) His belongings.
(c) The anchor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was Blandus' first name?
2. What did Calvinus want to happen to the man who had stolen his money?
3. Schoolboys in Juvenal's village prayed for the eloquence of which of the following?
4. When Juvenal heard that Catullus was returning home, he said that that day was happier than which other day?
5. Which of the following acts did Juvenal consider to be a degradation to heritage?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)