|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On which of the following did the father in Satire XIV spend all of his money?
(c) His son's education.
2. Which of the following did the captain of the sinking ship trust for safety?
(b) The wind.
(c) The crew.
(d) The gods.
3. With which of the following friends did Juvenal rejoice over Catullus' return?
4. According to Naevolus, the animal smoothed with which of the following was most dangerous?
5. How many children did Naevolus father with his lover's wife?
6. Which of the following actions did Juvenal label as "pointless and destructive"?
7. How much money did Calvinus lose in Satire XIII?
8. According to Juvenal, which of the following flower types drew men naturally?
9. How did Calvinus feel about the money that he had lost?
(a) He was confused.
(b) He was angered.
(c) He was apathetic.
(d) He was devastated.
10. Which of the following crimes did Persicus accuse Juvenal of committing?
11. What was the name of the father of Alexander the Great?
12. Which of the following events typically involved gourmands?
(a) Gladiator fight.
(b) Dice roll.
(c) Lion hunt.
(d) Deep sea fishing.
13. How did Naevolus' lover react to the news that his wife was pregnant by another man?
(a) He is irate.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is proud.
(d) He is apathetic.
14. What did Juvenal claim to be the only fear that Roman men had?
(c) Sexual immorality.
(d) The wrath of the gods.
15. During Juvenal's age of mankind, what did he claim to not have a mental base in men?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many sons did Catullus have?
2. Which of the following men was destroyed for his talent?
3. How was the Spartan who is convicted of embezzlement punished?
4. What did Juvenal claim to be the single force that ruled mankind?
5. Which of the following aspects of Juvenal's life did Persicus investigate?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)