|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason did Lateranus give for his immoral behavior?
(a) His age.
(b) His upbringing.
(c) His weight.
(d) His race.
2. Why was Juvenal so proud of Catullus' quick action aboard the ship?
(a) Because he was quick.
(b) Because he was strong.
(c) Because he was brave.
(d) Because he was sensible.
3. Which of the following words did Juvenal use to describe the negative effect that inheritances had on an individual?
4. Which herb did Juvenal advise Naevolus to chew as an aphrodisiac?
(c) Gai Lan.
5. What was the name of the famous gourmand in Satire XI?
6. Which of the following men had the lavish garden Juvenal spoke of in Satire XIV?
7. What did Juvenal claim to be the single force that ruled mankind?
8. Which of the following men was destroyed for his talent?
9. Which of the following acts did Juvenal consider to be a degradation to heritage?
10. During the reign of which of the following were many Romans separated from their wealth and their assets seized?
11. Which of the following crimes did Persicus accuse Juvenal of committing?
12. Which of the following did Catullus throw overboard to prevent the ship from sinking?
(a) His belongings.
(c) The anchor.
13. What type of plates did soldiers eat off of at Juvenal's dinner party?
14. Which of the following facts did Juvenal NOT brag about over his dinner with Persicus?
(a) His bedding being thin.
(b) His cups being very cheap.
(c) His meal being meager.
(d) His servant being a novice.
15. Who was Naevolus' lover?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stole money from Calvinus?
2. On which of the following did the father in Satire XIV spend all of his money?
3. Which of the following item types concerned gourmands the most?
4. Which of the following men experienced a Divine blessing that nullified all of his immoral actions?
5. How did the son who inherited the money in Satire XIV treat it?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)