|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Nuria marry?
2. Why does Bea leave home?
3. Where does Daniel go at the beginning of City of Shadows Chapter 43?
4. Who becomes Laín Coubert?
5. Who does Daniel discover at Nuria's apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What became of the old Aldaya home?
2. What was Fumero's plan for Jorge?
3. Why does Daniel tell Gustavo about their story and Julián?
4. Why does Tomás beat up Daniel in The Shadow of the Wind Chapter 1?
5. Why is someone burning Julián's books?
6. Why does Palacios ask Daniel to get into his car after Nuria's funeral?
7. Where does Fermín take Daniel the night before the wedding?
8. What is in the letter Daniel receives at the bookshop?
9. What does Daniel learn about Fermín in City of Shadows Chapter 36?
10. Why does Daniel go to see Nuria Monfort in City of Shadows Chapter 37 and 38?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the climax of The Shadow of the Wind. How has the author prepared the reader for this event? How is the climax/main conflict resolved?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Daniel's relationship with his father. How is Daniel's relationship with his father different from that of Julián with Fortuny and Tomás and his father? How does Daniel's relationship with his father impact and influence the story?
Essay Topic 3
The Angel of Mist plays an important role in the story to the extent that it could almost be considered a "character." What role does The Angel of Mist play in both Daniel's and Julián's portions of the story? Why is the place so important that it could be considered a "character" in the book?
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)