|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daniel discover in the cellar?
2. What did the police find on the body?
3. What does Julián discover in The Angel of Mist in Nuria Monfort: Remembrance of the Lost Chapter 10?
4. What kind of relationship does Miquel's story reveal about Julián and Penélope?
5. How does Fermín say he feels after being treated by the doctor?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the climax of The Shadow of the Wind. How has the author prepared the reader for this event? How is the climax/main conflict resolved?
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 5, Daniel says, "Childhood devotions make unfaithful and fickle lovers..." What does he mean by this? What are Daniel's childhood devotions that looking back he sees fit into this statement? What are your childhood devotions that might fit with this statement? Describe how both Daniel's and your childhood devotions make this statement true or false.
Essay Topic 3
Several secondary characters have an impact on Daniel's life. Explain, using examples from the text, how the following characters impact Daniel's life and influence the story:
a) Gustavo Barcelo.
b) Tomás Aguilar.
c) Don Federico.
d) Father Fernando.
This section contains 1,119 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)