|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Daniel discover with Clara?
2. What is the rumor about the place Daniel visits?
3. What type of shop did Julián's father own?
4. According to Fermín, how did Julián know Jorge Aldaya?
5. What does Daniel learn about Julián from Señor Aurora?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Daniel and Fermín leave the hospice?
2. Describe Gustavo Barcelo.
3. What effect does the visitor to the bookshop have in True to Character Chapter 13?
4. What does the letter Daniel took from Julián's old apartment say?
5. Describe The Cemetery of Forgotten Books.
6. How did Ricardo Aldaya acquire The Angel of Mist?
7. How was Clara Barcelo introduced to the works of Julián Carax?
8. Who does Father Fernando think is destroying Julián's books?
9. What happens when Daniel delivers a book to Professor Velázquez?
10. Describe Nuria Monfort.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 5, Daniel says, "Childhood devotions make unfaithful and fickle lovers..." What does he mean by this? What are Daniel's childhood devotions that looking back he sees fit into this statement? What are your childhood devotions that might fit with this statement? Describe how both Daniel's and your childhood devotions make this statement true or false.
Essay Topic 2
The Shadow of the Wind shows the impact a book can have on someone's life. How does the story illustrate the impact of literature? Use Daniel and Julián as examples.
Essay Topic 3
When Daniel and Fermín first meet, they are extremely different from each other. After Daniel brings Fermín to work at the bookshop, the two become fast friends. Compare and contrast Daniel and Fermín. For example, how are their priorities different? How are their backgrounds different? How do they each approach life?
This section contains 1,339 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)