|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Daniel talking about when he says, "...I could still feel the trace of her lips, of her breath on my skin..."?
2. How does Daniel feel about Bea Aguilar at the end of True to Character Chapter 12?
3. What does Daniel give Clara?
4. What happened to Clara's father?
5. Where does Bea want Daniel to meet her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Don Federico in City of Shadows Chapter 18?
2. What does Jacinta tell Daniel and Fermín about Penélope and Julián?
3. Why does Daniel's father take him to the Cemetery of Forgotten Books?
4. Who does Daniel meet on the street on his 16th birthday, and what does the person want from Daniel?
5. What does the letter Daniel took from Julián's old apartment say?
6. Describe the Santa Lucia Hospice.
7. What surprises Daniel when he inquires about Julián Carax and his works?
8. What happens when Daniel delivers a book to Professor Velázquez?
9. How was Clara Barcelo introduced to the works of Julián Carax?
10. Why does Daniel wake up screaming at the beginning of the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Angel of Mist plays an important role in the story to the extent that it could almost be considered a "character." What role does The Angel of Mist play in both Daniel's and Julián's portions of the story? Why is the place so important that it could be considered a "character" in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Daniel has very different and sometime complicated relationships with women. Describe Daniel's relationships with Clara, Nuria and Bea. How do those relationships affect Daniel's life? How are his dealings with each woman different? How are they similar?
Essay Topic 3
The Shadow of the Wind shows the impact a book can have on someone's life. How does the story illustrate the impact of literature? Use Daniel and Julián as examples.
This section contains 1,406 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)