|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom does Daniel receive a letter?
(d) The military recruitment office.
2. Why does Fumero come looking for Fermín in City of Shadows Chapter 40?
(a) He caught him in his disguise.
(b) He wants him to leave the country.
(c) He thinks he killed a woman.
(d) He wants to apologize to him.
3. Who says, "Making money isn't hard in itself...What's hard is to earn it doing something worth devoting one's life to"?
4. What do Daniel and Fermín learn about Jacinta on their second visit to her home?
(a) She has written a book.
(b) She has passed away.
(c) She took a vacation.
(d) She moved to The Angel of Mist.
5. What does Don Federico give Daniel?
(a) Fermín's missal.
(b) An alarm clock.
(c) Bea's necklace.
(d) His father's watch.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Penélope die?
2. According to Gustavo's story, who signed for Juliáns body to be buried?
3. Who does Daniel tell Bea came to his room?
4. Who surprises Daniel and his father at the bookshop at the beginning of City of Shadows Chapter 34?
5. Who is now the keeper of the Cemetery of Forgotten Books?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Isaac give Daniel after Nuria's funeral in City of Shadows Chapter 44?
2. Why is Daniel's and his father's dinner interrupted in City of Shadows Chapter 40?
3. Why does Tomás beat up Daniel in The Shadow of the Wind Chapter 1?
4. Where does Fermín take Daniel the night before the wedding?
5. What did the newspapers publish about Fumero's death?
6. What does Daniel discover in The Angel of Mist after his tryst with Bea is interrupted?
7. Why does Daniel go exploring in The Angel of Mist in City of Shadows Chapter 34?
8. How does Daniel know Julián was in his room at the hospital?
9. Why does Daniel take Fermín to the Barcelos in City of Shadows Chapter 32?
10. What does the newspaper's headline imply in City of Shadows Chapter 40?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)