|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Fermín's story, how did he meet Fumero?
(a) They were boyhood friends.
(b) They are related.
(c) Fermín arrested Fumero.
(d) Fermín was a spy.
2. Who does Nuria say should be let go?
3. Who does Ricardo Aldaya make promise him that he will "find Julián Carax and ... kill him"?
(a) Miquel Moliner.
(b) Jorge Aldaya.
4. What does Daniel give his father at the end of City of Shadows Chapter 44?
(a) A hug.
(b) A book.
(c) A kiss.
(d) A letter.
5. Who is Julián's real father?
(a) Ricardo Aldaya.
(c) Antoni Fortuny.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Gustavo's story, who signed for Juliáns body to be buried?
2. Who is now the keeper of the Cemetery of Forgotten Books?
3. Who does Daniel tell Bea came to his room?
4. Who is compared to a praying mantis?
5. What surprises Daniel about Julián's story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Daniel learn about Fermín in City of Shadows Chapter 36?
2. Why is someone burning Julián's books?
3. Why does Tomás beat up Daniel in The Shadow of the Wind Chapter 1?
4. Why does Daniel decide to call Bea's house in City of Shadows Chapter 35?
5. Why is Daniel's and his father's dinner interrupted in City of Shadows Chapter 40?
6. Why does Daniel go exploring in The Angel of Mist in City of Shadows Chapter 34?
7. Why does Daniel tell Gustavo about their story and Julián?
8. What did the newspapers publish about Fumero's death?
9. Why do people think Julián is the one who died in the restaurant in Nuria Monfort: Remembrance of the Lost Chapter 8?
10. What does Isaac give Daniel after Nuria's funeral in City of Shadows Chapter 44?
This section contains 1,047 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)