|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is compared to a praying mantis?
2. Who first surprises Daniel in the bathroom?
(c) Gustavo Barcelo.
3. From whom does Daniel receive a letter?
(c) The military recruitment office.
4. What does Daniel's father bring him in the hospital?
(a) A letter from Bea.
(b) His Victor Hugo pen.
(d) The Shadow of the Wind.
5. Who is Daniel speaking about when he says, "I knew that one day she would return to me, in months or years to come, that I would always relive her memory in the touch of a stranger, in the recollection of images that no longer belonged to me"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Fermín marry?
2. What do Daniel and Bea discover after their meeting is interrupted?
3. How does Penélope die?
4. Who pays for the publishing of Julián's books?
5. Who does Nuria say should be let go?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Daniel know Julián was in his room at the hospital?
2. Why does Ricardo Aldaya seek out Julián and his mother, according to Nuria in Nuria Monfort: Remembrance of the Lost Chapter 4?
3. Why does Daniel go exploring in The Angel of Mist in City of Shadows Chapter 34?
4. Why does Daniel go to see Nuria Monfort in City of Shadows Chapter 37 and 38?
5. Why is someone burning Julián's books?
6. How does Julián learn about Daniel's copy of The Shadow of the Wind?
7. Why does Daniel take Fermín to the Barcelos in City of Shadows Chapter 32?
8. What does Julián discover in The Angel of Mist in Nuria Monfort: Remembrance of the Lost Chapter 10?
9. Why do people think Julián is the one who died in the restaurant in Nuria Monfort: Remembrance of the Lost Chapter 8?
10. Why is Daniel's and his father's dinner interrupted in City of Shadows Chapter 40?
This section contains 998 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)