|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the police find on the body?
(a) A letter.
(b) A driver's license.
(c) A copy of The Shadow of the Wind.
(d) A diary.
2. What did Julián's mother do for a living?
(a) Translated documents.
(b) Teach music lessons.
(c) Wrote novels.
(d) Cleaned houses.
3. Who picks Daniel up after Tomás beats Daniel up?
4. Where does Daniel die?
(a) At his house.
(b) In the ambulance.
(c) At The Angel of Mist.
(d) In Fermín's arms.
5. What does Nuria buy for Julián?
(a) A book.
(b) A typewriter.
(c) A photograph.
(d) A fountain pen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is now the keeper of the Cemetery of Forgotten Books?
2. Who did Fermín marry?
3. Why does Fumero come looking for Fermín in City of Shadows Chapter 40?
4. How does Penélope die?
5. Who says, "In seven days' time, I would be dead"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Palacios ask Daniel to get into his car after Nuria's funeral?
2. Why does Daniel go to see Nuria Monfort in City of Shadows Chapter 37 and 38?
3. What did the newspapers publish about Fumero's death?
4. What is in the letter Daniel receives at the bookshop?
5. Why is someone burning Julián's books?
6. Why does Daniel go exploring in The Angel of Mist in City of Shadows Chapter 34?
7. How does Julián learn about Daniel's copy of The Shadow of the Wind?
8. What does Daniel learn about Fermín in City of Shadows Chapter 36?
9. What became of the old Aldaya home?
10. How does Nuria meet Julián?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)