|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Julián's mother do for a living?
(a) Wrote novels.
(b) Translated documents.
(c) Teach music lessons.
(d) Cleaned houses.
2. How long does it take Daniel to wake up?
(b) A week.
(c) 1 day.
(d) Eight days.
3. Where does Daniel take Fermín after they are assaulted by the police?
(a) To Julián's house.
(b) To Gustavo Barcelo's.
(c) To his father's house.
(d) To Bea's house.
4. Who is following Daniel and Fermín?
(b) Bea's father.
(c) The police.
(d) Daniel's father.
5. From whom does Julián discover Daniel has a copy of The Shadow of the Wind?
(c) Gustavo Barcelo.
(d) Daniel's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Daniel speaking about when he says, "I knew that one day she would return to me, in months or years to come, that I would always relive her memory in the touch of a stranger, in the recollection of images that no longer belonged to me"?
2. Who does Bea think Daniel is in The Shadow of the Wind - 1955 Chapter 3?
3. Where do Fermín and Daniel go in "The Waters of March"?
4. Where do Daniel and Bea work?
5. Who saves Daniel from being hit by a bus?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Julián learn about Daniel's copy of The Shadow of the Wind?
2. Why does Daniel take Fermín to the Barcelos in City of Shadows Chapter 32?
3. What does Julián discover in The Angel of Mist in Nuria Monfort: Remembrance of the Lost Chapter 10?
4. Why does Daniel tell Gustavo about their story and Julián?
5. What became of the old Aldaya home?
6. What was Fumero's plan for Jorge?
7. What did the newspapers publish about Fumero's death?
8. Why does Ricardo Aldaya seek out Julián and his mother, according to Nuria in Nuria Monfort: Remembrance of the Lost Chapter 4?
9. Why do people think Julián is the one who died in the restaurant in Nuria Monfort: Remembrance of the Lost Chapter 8?
10. What is in the letter Daniel receives at the bookshop?
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)