|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprises Daniel about Julián's story?
(a) Its similarities to his own.
(b) The complexity of the story.
(c) Its differences from his own.
(d) The lack of details.
2. What does Bea's father give Daniel?
(a) A beating.
(b) A watch.
(c) A gold tiepin.
(d) A book.
3. Who picks Daniel up from the funeral?
4. What do Daniel and Bea discover after their meeting is interrupted?
(a) A crypt.
(b) A note.
(c) A photograph.
(d) A book.
5. From whom does Julián discover Daniel has a copy of The Shadow of the Wind?
(a) Daniel's father.
(c) Gustavo Barcelo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does the descent into the cellar remind Daniel?
2. Who does Daniel discover in his bed when he returns home?
3. Who says, "Making money isn't hard in itself...What's hard is to earn it doing something worth devoting one's life to"?
4. What did the police find on the body?
5. Where does Daniel take Fermín after they are assaulted by the police?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Fumero's plan for Jorge?
2. Why does Daniel decide to call Bea's house in City of Shadows Chapter 35?
3. What does Daniel learn about Fermín in City of Shadows Chapter 36?
4. What is in the letter Daniel receives at the bookshop?
5. Why is Daniel's and his father's dinner interrupted in City of Shadows Chapter 40?
6. How does Fumero die?
7. Why is someone burning Julián's books?
8. Why does Ricardo Aldaya seek out Julián and his mother, according to Nuria in Nuria Monfort: Remembrance of the Lost Chapter 4?
9. What does Daniel learn about Julián's parents in Nuria Monfort: Remembrance of the Lost Chapter 3?
10. Why does Tomás beat up Daniel in The Shadow of the Wind Chapter 1?
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)