|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Fumero come looking for Fermín in City of Shadows Chapter 40?
(a) He wants to apologize to him.
(b) He caught him in his disguise.
(c) He wants him to leave the country.
(d) He thinks he killed a woman.
2. Who picks Daniel up from the funeral?
3. Who does Daniel discover at Nuria's apartment?
4. What do Bea and Daniel do at the beginning of "The Waters of March"?
(a) Leave Barcelona.
(b) Have a baby.
(c) Get married.
(d) Break up.
5. What does Julián discover in The Angel of Mist in Nuria Monfort: Remembrance of the Lost Chapter 10?
(a) Jorge's coffin.
(b) Ricardo Aldaya's coffin.
(c) Jacinta's coffin.
(d) Penélope's coffin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Daniel about Julián's story?
2. Whose body do they discover with Fumero's?
3. Who does Nuria say should be let go?
4. What does Daniel claim as his favorite book?
5. What does Daniel's father bring him in the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the newspaper's headline imply in City of Shadows Chapter 40?
2. How do the Barcelos convince Father Fernando to marry Bea and Daniel?
3. What does Daniel discover in The Angel of Mist after his tryst with Bea is interrupted?
4. Why does Daniel take Fermín to the Barcelos in City of Shadows Chapter 32?
5. Why does Tomás beat up Daniel in The Shadow of the Wind Chapter 1?
6. What did the newspapers publish about Fumero's death?
7. What is in the letter Daniel receives at the bookshop?
8. What does Daniel learn about Fermín in City of Shadows Chapter 36?
9. Why does Daniel go to see Nuria Monfort in City of Shadows Chapter 37 and 38?
10. Why does Daniel tell Gustavo about their story and Julián?
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)