|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Daniel's father hire as an assistant in the shop?
2. How old is Daniel when he first visits the Cemetery of Forgotten Books?
3. What must a first-time visitor to the Cemetery of Forgotten Books do?
(a) Leave a book.
(b) Spend the night.
(c) Get lost.
(d) Choose a book.
4. Why does Daniel wake up screaming?
(a) He is physically sick.
(b) He had a nightmare.
(c) He cannot remember his father's face.
(d) He cannot remember his mother's face.
5. Who does Daniel encounter in the movie theater?
(a) His father.
(c) The man with the burned face.
(d) Gustavo Barcelo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daniel give Clara?
2. What is Tomás known for?
3. Where does Daniel meet Fermín for the first time?
4. What is the Cemetery of Forgotten Books structured as?
5. Who does Daniel see standing outside his window?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Nuria think someone wants to destroy Julián's books?
2. Describe the Santa Lucia Hospice.
3. How did Ricardo Aldaya acquire The Angel of Mist?
4. What happens on Daniel's 16th birthday?
5. Describe The Cemetery of Forgotten Books.
6. What does Daniel learn about Julián and the Fortuny family when he goes to the Fortuny hat shop in City of Shadows Chapter 15?
7. Describe Nuria Monfort.
8. What happens when Daniel delivers a book to Professor Velázquez?
9. What does Fermín discover about the post office box that was getting mail for Julián's mother?
10. What does the neighboring caretaker tell Daniel about the Aldayas' house in City of Shadows Chapter 17?
This section contains 1,241 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)