|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nuria Monfort do for a living?
2. What does Gustavo offer Daniel at their first meeting?
(a) To read Daniel's book.
(b) To sell Daniel's book for him.
(c) To trade Daniel's book.
(d) To buy Daniel's book.
3. Who are Fermín and Daniel looking for at the Tenebrarium?
(d) Miquel Moliner.
4. For what is the Tenebrarium known?
(a) Its gardens.
(b) Its strong odor.
(c) Its beautiful décor.
(d) Its religious services.
5. Where does Daniel's father work?
(a) A hat shop.
(b) A bookstore.
(c) A cemetery.
(d) A police station.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Daniel's father hire as an assistant in the shop?
2. Where does Bea want Daniel to meet her?
3. What does Daniel say he remembers about his mother?
4. Who says, "I believe that nothing happens by chance. Deep down, things have their secret plan, even though we don't understand it."
5. Who is Daniel talking about when he says, "...I could still feel the trace of her lips, of her breath on my skin..."?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Daniel and Fermín leave the hospice?
2. What effect does the visitor to the bookshop have in True to Character Chapter 13?
3. What happens to Don Federico in City of Shadows Chapter 18?
4. What does Daniel learn about Julián and the Fortuny family when he goes to the Fortuny hat shop in City of Shadows Chapter 15?
5. What object does Daniel desire so greatly in Days of Ashes Chapter 5?
6. Describe The Cemetery of Forgotten Books.
7. What does the letter Daniel took from Julián's old apartment say?
8. What does Father Fernando tell Daniel and Fermín about Julián in City of Shadows Chapter 24?
9. Why is Bea waiting outside the bookshop for Daniel in City of Shadows Chapter 26?
10. Who does Father Fernando think is destroying Julián's books?
This section contains 1,386 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)