|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Daniel and his acquaintance promise at the end of True to Character Chapter 14?
(a) To have dinner.
(b) To meet again.
(c) To talk on the phone.
(d) Never to see each other.
2. What is the rumor about the place Daniel visits?
(a) It is haunted.
(b) It is going to be torn down.
(c) It is going to be a convent.
(d) It is well cared for.
3. How does Bea know the story of "The Angel of Mist"?
(a) She read about it in a book.
(b) Her brother told her about it.
(c) Her father's company owns the property.
(d) She is friends with the Aldayas.
4. Where does Daniel's father work?
(a) A police station.
(b) A cemetery.
(c) A hat shop.
(d) A bookstore.
5. What does Nuria Monfort do for a living?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gustavo offer Daniel at their first meeting?
2. What object does Daniel desire in Days of Ashes Chapter 5?
3. What must a first-time visitor to the Cemetery of Forgotten Books do?
4. What do Bea and Daniel do at the end of their first date?
5. How did Julián end up at San Gabriel's School?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Clara tell Daniel about Julián Carax's books in Days of Ashes Chapter 4?
2. Why does Daniel wake up screaming at the beginning of the book?
3. Who does Daniel meet on the street on his 16th birthday, and what does the person want from Daniel?
4. What happens when Daniel and Fermín leave the hospice?
5. What does Daniel learn about Julián and the Fortuny family when he goes to the Fortuny hat shop in City of Shadows Chapter 15?
6. How does Bea know about the Aldaya home?
7. What surprises Daniel when he inquires about Julián Carax and his works?
8. What does Fermín discover about the post office box that was getting mail for Julián's mother?
9. How was Clara Barcelo introduced to the works of Julián Carax?
10. Why does Daniel's father take him to the Cemetery of Forgotten Books?
This section contains 1,281 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)