|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Father Fernando think set fire to Julián's books?
2. According to Daniel's father, what does every book in the Cemetery of Forgotten Books have?
(a) A mind.
(b) A soul.
(c) A shadow.
(d) A body.
3. What does Daniel learn about Julián from Señor Aurora?
(a) Julián was on the radio.
(b) Julián joined the Army.
(c) Julián was not his father's child.
(d) Julián never lived in Barcelona.
4. Which character says, "To truly hate is an art one learns with time"?
(d) Daniel's father.
5. Who is Daniel talking about when he says, "...I could still feel the trace of her lips, of her breath on my skin..."?
(a) Bea Aguilar.
(b) Clara Barcelo.
(c) Nuria Monfort.
(d) Penélope Aldaya.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daniel say he remembers about his mother?
2. Why was Federico, the watchmaker, arrested?
3. With whom does Fermín become enamored?
4. Who does Daniel see standing outside his window?
5. What does Fermín say is "usually just around the corner"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Don Federico in City of Shadows Chapter 18?
2. What happens on Daniel's 16th birthday?
3. Who does Father Fernando think is destroying Julián's books?
4. What object does Daniel desire so greatly in Days of Ashes Chapter 5?
5. Why is Bea waiting outside the bookshop for Daniel in City of Shadows Chapter 26?
6. Why does Nuria think someone wants to destroy Julián's books?
7. What does Clara tell Daniel about Julián Carax's books in Days of Ashes Chapter 4?
8. Why does Daniel bring Fermín to meet his father?
9. Who does Daniel meet on the street on his 16th birthday, and what does the person want from Daniel?
10. What happens when Daniel and Fermín leave the hospice?
This section contains 1,349 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)