|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Daniel talking about when he says, "...I could still feel the trace of her lips, of her breath on my skin..."?
(a) Bea Aguilar.
(b) Nuria Monfort.
(c) Penélope Aldaya.
(d) Clara Barcelo.
2. How do Fermín and Daniel get into the nun's institution?
(a) By pretending to be from the undertaker.
(b) By pretending to have a delivery.
(c) By pretending to know someone inside.
(d) By pretending to be priests.
3. Who introduced Clara to Julián Carax's books?
(a) Madame Bovary.
(c) Monsieur Roquefort.
(d) Gustavo Barcelo.
4. According to Clara's story, what supposedly happened to Julián Carax?
(a) He married his fiancée.
(b) He fought in a duel on his wedding day.
(c) He became friends with Monsieur Roquefort.
(d) He never wrote another book.
5. Who wants to be "Someone whom a child will not only love because he's his father but will also admire for the person he is"?
(a) Daniel's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Penélope supposed to meet at the train station?
2. According to Fermín, how did Julián know Jorge Aldaya?
3. Who are Fermín and Daniel looking for at the Tenebrarium?
4. What was the relationship between Jacinta and the Aldayas?
5. What do Daniel and his acquaintance promise at the end of True to Character Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Ricardo Aldaya acquire The Angel of Mist?
2. How does Bea know about the Aldaya home?
3. What does Fermín discover about the post office box that was getting mail for Julián's mother?
4. What does Father Fernando tell Daniel and Fermín about Julián in City of Shadows Chapter 24?
5. What does the neighboring caretaker tell Daniel about the Aldayas' house in City of Shadows Chapter 17?
6. Who does Father Fernando think is destroying Julián's books?
7. Why does Daniel wake up screaming at the beginning of the book?
8. Why does Daniel's father take him to the Cemetery of Forgotten Books?
9. What effect does the visitor to the bookshop have in True to Character Chapter 13?
10. Describe The Cemetery of Forgotten Books.
This section contains 1,078 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)