|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who greets Daniel at the Barcelos' house?
2. Why does Daniel wake up screaming?
(a) He cannot remember his mother's face.
(b) He had a nightmare.
(c) He is physically sick.
(d) He cannot remember his father's face.
3. Where do Bea and Daniel plan to make their regular meeting place?
(a) The church.
(b) The Angel of Mist.
(c) The bookstore.
(d) The hat shop.
4. According to Fermín, what is a "warm heart, cold mind"?
(a) The bookstore's new slogan.
(b) The seducer's code.
(c) A mother and son relationship.
(d) Fermín's personal motto.
5. Who does Daniel see standing outside his window?
(a) His father.
(b) A shadowy, motionless figure.
(d) Clara Barcelo.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Clara's story, what supposedly happened to Julián Carax?
2. What does Daniel want from Gustavo in Days of Ashes Chapter 1?
3. How do Fermín and Daniel get into the nun's institution?
4. What excuse does Bea use to see Daniel in City of Shadows Chapter 26?
5. What must a first-time visitor to the Cemetery of Forgotten Books do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the letter Daniel took from Julián's old apartment say?
2. How did Tomás and Daniel meet and become friends?
3. What does Clara tell Daniel about Julián Carax's books in Days of Ashes Chapter 4?
4. What does Daniel learn about Julián and the Fortuny family when he goes to the Fortuny hat shop in City of Shadows Chapter 15?
5. What does Daniel show Bea on their first date in City of Shadows Chapter 21?
6. Why does Daniel tell Gustavo about their story and Julián?
7. How does Daniel feel about his choice of The Shadow of the Wind?
8. Why does Daniel decide to call Bea's house in City of Shadows Chapter 35?
9. Describe the Santa Lucia Hospice.
10. Why is Bea waiting outside the bookshop for Daniel in City of Shadows Chapter 26?
This section contains 1,284 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)