|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is responsible for the fate of Clara's father?
(a) Gustavo Barcelo.
(b) Daniel Sempere.
(c) Julián Carax.
(d) Javier Fumero.
2. For whom was "The Angel of Mist" originally built?
(a) Daniel Sempere.
(b) Salvador Jausa.
(c) Ricardo Aldaya.
(d) Julián Carax.
3. What does Daniel promise the old man who tells him where the person he's looking for is?
(a) To get him a woman.
(b) To get him out of the Tenebrarium.
(c) To deliver a letter to his family.
(d) To give him a candy.
4. What does Nuria Monfort do for a living?
5. Where does Bea want Daniel to meet her?
(a) The Aldayas' house.
(b) Her school.
(c) Julián's house.
(d) The bookstore.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Daniel's father work?
2. What do Bea and Daniel do at the end of their first date?
3. Where do Bea and Daniel plan to make their regular meeting place?
4. How many copies of The Shadow of the Wind are there?
5. Where does Daniel meet Fermín for the first time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprises Daniel when he inquires about Julián Carax and his works?
2. Why does Daniel bring Fermín to meet his father?
3. What does Clara tell Daniel about Julián Carax's books in Days of Ashes Chapter 4?
4. What effect does the visitor to the bookshop have in True to Character Chapter 13?
5. How did Ricardo Aldaya acquire The Angel of Mist?
6. How does Daniel feel about Clara upon first meeting her in Days of Ashes Chapter 2?
7. What happens when Daniel delivers a book to Professor Velázquez?
8. What does Jacinta tell Daniel and Fermín about Penélope and Julián?
9. Who does Father Fernando think is destroying Julián's books?
10. Why does Daniel's father take him to the Cemetery of Forgotten Books?
This section contains 1,400 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)