|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the stranger on the street want from Daniel?
(a) Daniel's copy of The Shadow of the Wind.
(b) A cigarette.
(c) Daniel's birthday present.
2. What does Doña Aurora call Daniel?
(a) The devil.
(b) A liar.
(c) A sweetheart.
(d) An angel.
3. What does Daniel steal from Doña Aurora?
(a) A letter from Julián to his mother.
(b) The key to Julián's former home.
(c) A letter from Penélope to Julián.
(d) The landlord's address.
4. Where do Daniel and his father live?
5. For what is the Tenebrarium known?
(a) Its beautiful décor.
(b) Its strong odor.
(c) Its religious services.
(d) Its gardens.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gustavo offer Daniel at their first meeting?
2. Who do Daniel and Fermín ask the person at the Tenebrarium about?
3. What item is all over the locked room in Julián's old Barcelona home?
4. Who wants to be "Someone whom a child will not only love because he's his father but will also admire for the person he is"?
5. How does Daniel feel about Clara when he first meets her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Tomás and Daniel meet and become friends?
2. Describe Nuria Monfort.
3. Why does Daniel wake up screaming at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Fermín discover about the post office box that was getting mail for Julián's mother?
5. What object does Daniel desire so greatly in Days of Ashes Chapter 5?
6. Describe The Cemetery of Forgotten Books.
7. Why does Daniel bring Fermín to meet his father?
8. What happens when Daniel delivers a book to Professor Velázquez?
9. What does Daniel learn about Julián and the Fortuny family when he goes to the Fortuny hat shop in City of Shadows Chapter 15?
10. What does Jacinta tell Daniel and Fermín about Penélope and Julián?
This section contains 1,405 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)