|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Daniel meet Fermín for the first time?
(a) Outside the Barcelos' house.
(b) At the bookstore.
(c) At a party.
(d) Outside a restaurant.
2. What does Doña Aurora call Daniel?
(a) A liar.
(b) The devil.
(c) A sweetheart.
(d) An angel.
3. What time does Daniel go to the Cemetery of Forgotten Books on his initial visit?
(b) 7 a.m.
(c) 5 a.m.
(d) 5 p.m.
4. Who says, "There are few reasons for telling the truth, but for lying the number is infinite"?
5. How did Julián end up at San Gabriel's School?
(a) Through the Aldayas.
(b) He applied on his own.
(c) His father saved the money.
(d) The school asked him to come.
Short Answer Questions
1. On his first visit to the Cemetery of Forgotten Books, what book does Daniel take from the shelf?
2. What does the stranger on the street want from Daniel?
3. What does Nuria Monfort do for a living?
4. Who do Daniel and Fermín ask the person at the Tenebrarium about?
5. Who is the caretaker of the Cemetery of Forgotten Books?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprises Daniel when he inquires about Julián Carax and his works?
2. What happens when Daniel delivers a book to Professor Velázquez?
3. What does Daniel show Bea on their first date in City of Shadows Chapter 21?
4. What did the newspapers publish about Fumero's death?
5. Why does Daniel go to see Nuria Monfort in City of Shadows Chapter 37 and 38?
6. What does Jacinta tell Daniel and Fermín about Penélope and Julián?
7. What became of the old Aldaya home?
8. What does Isaac give Daniel after Nuria's funeral in City of Shadows Chapter 44?
9. How did Tomás and Daniel meet and become friends?
10. Why does Nuria think someone wants to destroy Julián's books?
This section contains 1,125 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)