|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Nuria's first story about Julián, what did Julián have in his possession when he died?
(a) A copy of The Shadow of the Wind.
(b) A letter for Nuria.
(c) A photo of himself and Penélope.
(d) A copy of The Red House.
2. Who are Fermín and Daniel looking for at the Tenebrarium?
(b) Miquel Moliner.
3. Who says, "There are few reasons for telling the truth, but for lying the number is infinite"?
4. For whom was "The Angel of Mist" originally built?
(a) Salvador Jausa.
(b) Ricardo Aldaya.
(c) Julián Carax.
(d) Daniel Sempere.
5. What does Daniel give Clara?
(a) A kiss.
(b) His copy of The Shadow of the Wind.
(c) A new copy of The Red House.
(d) A Montblanc Meinsterstück pen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daniel learn about Julián from Señor Aurora?
2. What does Daniel tell his father about Fermín in City of Shadows Chapter 19?
3. Who wants to be "Someone whom a child will not only love because he's his father but will also admire for the person he is"?
4. Who does Fermín discover received the mail from the post office box?
5. What does Daniel say he remembers about his mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Daniel discover in The Angel of Mist after his tryst with Bea is interrupted?
2. How does the book end?
3. What does Jacinta tell Daniel and Fermín about Penélope and Julián?
4. What happens to Don Federico in City of Shadows Chapter 18?
5. What does the newspaper's headline imply in City of Shadows Chapter 40?
6. What became of the old Aldaya home?
7. What does Daniel learn about Julián's parents in Nuria Monfort: Remembrance of the Lost Chapter 3?
8. What happens when Daniel and Fermín leave the hospice?
9. Why does Nuria think someone wants to destroy Julián's books?
10. Describe Nuria Monfort.
This section contains 1,012 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)