|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Daniel upset at his 16th birthday party?
(a) Only Bernarda and his father are there.
(b) He does not want to be 16.
(c) He does not get the present he wanted.
(d) He does not want a party.
2. According to Daniel's father, what does every book in the Cemetery of Forgotten Books have?
(a) A shadow.
(b) A soul.
(c) A mind.
(d) A body.
3. According to Fermín, how did Julián know Jorge Aldaya?
(c) Childhood friends.
4. What is Tomás known for?
(a) His candy.
(b) His knowledge of books.
(c) His sister's popularity.
(d) His inventions.
5. How did Tomás and Daniel meet, according to Daniel's story?
(a) Daniel insulted Tomás' sister.
(b) Daniel asked Tomás to be his friend.
(c) They went to the same church.
(d) They were on the wrestling team together.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Daniel go in the beginning of City of Shadows Chapter 17?
2. Who is the caretaker of the Cemetery of Forgotten Books?
3. With whom does Fermín become enamored?
4. Who does Fermín discover received the mail from the post office box?
5. What does Doña Aurora call Daniel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the neighboring caretaker tell Daniel about the Aldayas' house in City of Shadows Chapter 17?
2. What happens when Daniel delivers a book to Professor Velázquez?
3. How was Clara Barcelo introduced to the works of Julián Carax?
4. What does Clara tell Daniel about Julián Carax's books in Days of Ashes Chapter 4?
5. How did Ricardo Aldaya acquire The Angel of Mist?
6. Describe The Cemetery of Forgotten Books.
7. Why is Bea waiting outside the bookshop for Daniel in City of Shadows Chapter 26?
8. What does Father Fernando tell Daniel and Fermín about Julián in City of Shadows Chapter 24?
9. What does Jacinta tell Daniel and Fermín about Penélope and Julián?
10. What happens when Daniel and Fermín leave the hospice?
This section contains 1,265 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)