|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daniel give Clara?
(a) A new copy of The Red House.
(b) His copy of The Shadow of the Wind.
(c) A Montblanc Meinsterstück pen.
(d) A kiss.
2. What Julián Carax book does Monsieur Roquefort give Clara?
(a) The Red House.
(b) Le Monde.
(c) The Shadow of the Wind.
(d) The Cathedral Thief.
3. Which character says, "Television...is the Antichrist"?
(d) Daniel's father.
4. What does a mysterious person leave on the bookshop counter?
(a) A book.
(b) A letter.
(d) A photo.
5. What is unusual about Clara?
(a) She cannot speak.
(b) She cannot read.
(c) She is blind.
(d) She is deaf.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who greets Daniel at the Barcelos' house?
2. According to Fermín, how did Julián know Jorge Aldaya?
3. Who does Fermín discover received the mail from the post office box?
4. Who does Father Fernando think set fire to Julián's books?
5. Where do Bea and Daniel plan to make their regular meeting place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Daniel show Bea on their first date in City of Shadows Chapter 21?
2. How does Bea know about the Aldaya home?
3. Describe Nuria Monfort.
4. How does Daniel feel about his choice of The Shadow of the Wind?
5. What does Jacinta tell Daniel and Fermín about Penélope and Julián?
6. Who does Father Fernando think is destroying Julián's books?
7. Why does Nuria think someone wants to destroy Julián's books?
8. Why does Daniel bring Fermín to meet his father?
9. What surprises Daniel when he inquires about Julián Carax and his works?
10. Why is Bea waiting outside the bookshop for Daniel in City of Shadows Chapter 26?
This section contains 1,105 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)