|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Daniel discover with Clara?
(a) Miquel Moliner.
(b) Julián Carax.
(c) Tomás Aguilar.
(d) Adrian Neri.
2. Which character says, "Television...is the Antichrist"?
(b) Daniel's father.
3. How does Nuria say she knows Julián the first time Daniel speaks with her?
(a) She was his secretary.
(b) She worked for his publishing company.
(c) She was his housekeeper.
(d) She worked for his family.
4. Where do Bea and Daniel plan to make their regular meeting place?
(a) The bookstore.
(b) The hat shop.
(c) The church.
(d) The Angel of Mist.
5. What candy does Fermín always have on hand?
(a) A lemon Sugus.
(b) A Hershey's Kiss.
(c) A piece of gum.
(d) A cherry lozenge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Tomás Aguilar?
2. What type of shop did Julián's father own?
3. With whom does Fermín become enamored?
4. Who does Fermín discover received the mail from the post office box?
5. According to Nuria's first story about Julián, what did Julián have in his possession when he died?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Father Fernando tell Daniel and Fermín about Julián in City of Shadows Chapter 24?
2. How did Tomás and Daniel meet and become friends?
3. What does Daniel learn about Julián and the Fortuny family when he goes to the Fortuny hat shop in City of Shadows Chapter 15?
4. Describe Nuria Monfort.
5. Describe The Cemetery of Forgotten Books.
6. Why does Daniel wake up screaming at the beginning of the book?
7. How does Daniel feel about his choice of The Shadow of the Wind?
8. Why does Daniel's father take him to the Cemetery of Forgotten Books?
9. What happens when Daniel delivers a book to Professor Velázquez?
10. How did Ricardo Aldaya acquire The Angel of Mist?
This section contains 1,271 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)