|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daniel want from Gustavo in Days of Ashes Chapter 1?
(a) Julián Carax's phone number.
(b) Information on Julián Carax's family.
(c) Julián Carax's address.
(d) Information on Julián Carax.
2. What is Tomás known for?
(a) His inventions.
(b) His candy.
(c) His knowledge of books.
(d) His sister's popularity.
3. Which character says, "Television...is the Antichrist"?
(b) Daniel's father.
4. What was the relationship between Jacinta and the Aldayas?
(a) She was the housekeeper.
(b) She was the governess.
(c) She was the cook.
(d) She was the gardener.
5. Where does Daniel take Bea in City of Shadows Chapter 21?
(a) Nuria Monfort's house.
(b) His father's bookstore.
(c) The Cemetery of Forgotten Books.
(d) Julián's father's hat shop
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Bea and Daniel do at the end of their first date?
2. Who are Fermín and Daniel looking for at the Tenebrarium?
3. Where do Daniel and Fermín go in City of Shadows Chapter 24?
4. Where does Bea want Daniel to meet her?
5. How does Bea know the story of "The Angel of Mist"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Daniel show Bea on their first date in City of Shadows Chapter 21?
2. Describe the Santa Lucia Hospice.
3. Describe Nuria Monfort.
4. How does Daniel feel about his choice of The Shadow of the Wind?
5. What effect does the visitor to the bookshop have in True to Character Chapter 13?
6. What surprises Daniel when he inquires about Julián Carax and his works?
7. Who does Father Fernando think is destroying Julián's books?
8. What does Jacinta tell Daniel and Fermín about Penélope and Julián?
9. What does Daniel learn about Julián and the Fortuny family when he goes to the Fortuny hat shop in City of Shadows Chapter 15?
10. What happens when Daniel delivers a book to Professor Velázquez?
This section contains 1,382 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)