|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Daniel feel about Clara when he first meets her?
(a) He is scared of her.
(b) She makes him talkative.
(c) He dislikes her.
(d) She makes him blush.
2. Who introduced Clara to Julián Carax's books?
(a) Monsieur Roquefort.
(c) Madame Bovary.
(d) Gustavo Barcelo.
3. According to Fermín, how did Julián know Jorge Aldaya?
(a) Childhood friends.
4. Who told the story of Federico's arrest?
(a) Daniel's father.
(d) Don Anacleto.
5. What does Fermín say is "usually just around the corner"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Daniel and his father live?
2. Where does Daniel take Bea in City of Shadows Chapter 21?
3. What does Nuria Monfort do for a living?
4. For whom was "The Angel of Mist" originally built?
5. Who does Daniel's father hire as an assistant in the shop?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Daniel show Bea on their first date in City of Shadows Chapter 21?
2. How was Clara Barcelo introduced to the works of Julián Carax?
3. How does Daniel feel about Clara upon first meeting her in Days of Ashes Chapter 2?
4. Describe The Cemetery of Forgotten Books.
5. What object does Daniel desire so greatly in Days of Ashes Chapter 5?
6. Why is Bea waiting outside the bookshop for Daniel in City of Shadows Chapter 26?
7. Describe the Santa Lucia Hospice.
8. Who does Daniel meet on the street on his 16th birthday, and what does the person want from Daniel?
9. What does the neighboring caretaker tell Daniel about the Aldayas' house in City of Shadows Chapter 17?
10. What does Fermín discover about the post office box that was getting mail for Julián's mother?
This section contains 1,179 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)