|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Gustavo Barcelo?
(a) A colleague of Daniel's father.
(b) A publisher.
(c) An author.
(d) Daniel's uncle.
2. What must a first-time visitor to the Cemetery of Forgotten Books do?
(a) Choose a book.
(b) Leave a book.
(c) Spend the night.
(d) Get lost.
3. Why is Daniel upset at his 16th birthday party?
(a) Only Bernarda and his father are there.
(b) He does not want to be 16.
(c) He does not get the present he wanted.
(d) He does not want a party.
4. Who did Nuria say wanted to find Julián in Paris?
(a) Julián's father.
(c) Laín Coubert.
(d) Miquel Moliner.
5. Where do Daniel and his father live?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Fermín, how did Julián know Jorge Aldaya?
2. What does Daniel say he remembers about his mother?
3. Who does Daniel see standing outside his window?
4. For whom was "The Angel of Mist" originally built?
5. What excuse does Bea use to see Daniel in City of Shadows Chapter 26?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Julián learn about Daniel's copy of The Shadow of the Wind?
2. What does Daniel learn about Julián and the Fortuny family when he goes to the Fortuny hat shop in City of Shadows Chapter 15?
3. Why does Palacios ask Daniel to get into his car after Nuria's funeral?
4. Describe the Santa Lucia Hospice.
5. Why does Nuria think someone wants to destroy Julián's books?
6. How does Bea know about the Aldaya home?
7. Who does Father Fernando think is destroying Julián's books?
8. Why does Daniel tell Gustavo about their story and Julián?
9. What became of the old Aldaya home?
10. How do the Barcelos convince Father Fernando to marry Bea and Daniel?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)