|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Daniel tell Tomás that Bea was with the previous night?
(a) Her best friend.
(b) Her fiancé.
(d) No one.
2. What time does Daniel go to the Cemetery of Forgotten Books on his initial visit?
(a) 5 p.m.
(b) 5 a.m.
(d) 7 a.m.
3. Who wants to be "Someone whom a child will not only love because he's his father but will also admire for the person he is"?
(d) Daniel's father.
4. According to Fermín, how did Julián know Jorge Aldaya?
(d) Childhood friends.
5. What does a mysterious person leave on the bookshop counter?
(a) A book.
(b) A photo.
(c) A letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Daniel upset at his 16th birthday party?
2. What is the Cemetery of Forgotten Books structured as?
3. Who says, "I believe that nothing happens by chance. Deep down, things have their secret plan, even though we don't understand it."
4. Who tells Daniel and Fermín about Julián at the place where they go in City of Shadows Chapter 24?
5. Who are Fermín and Daniel looking for at the Tenebrarium?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Nuria think someone wants to destroy Julián's books?
2. How does Daniel feel about Clara upon first meeting her in Days of Ashes Chapter 2?
3. Describe Gustavo Barcelo.
4. Why is Bea waiting outside the bookshop for Daniel in City of Shadows Chapter 26?
5. Describe The Cemetery of Forgotten Books.
6. How did Ricardo Aldaya acquire The Angel of Mist?
7. What does the neighboring caretaker tell Daniel about the Aldayas' house in City of Shadows Chapter 17?
8. What surprises Daniel when he inquires about Julián Carax and his works?
9. What does Daniel show Bea on their first date in City of Shadows Chapter 21?
10. Describe the Santa Lucia Hospice.
This section contains 1,066 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)