|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Daniel feel about Bea Aguilar at the end of True to Character Chapter 12?
(a) He thinks she is nice.
(b) He loves her.
(c) He is afraid of her.
(d) He wants to be her friend.
2. Who did Nuria say wanted to find Julián in Paris?
(a) Laín Coubert.
(b) Miquel Moliner.
(d) Julián's father.
3. Who is the author of the book Daniel takes from the shelf?
(a) Julián Carax.
(b) Tomás Aguilar.
(c) Fermín Romero.
(d) Miquel Moliner.
4. Who is responsible for the fate of Clara's father?
(a) Julián Carax.
(b) Gustavo Barcelo.
(c) Javier Fumero.
(d) Daniel Sempere.
5. What kind of relationship did Penélope and Julián have?
(a) Boyfriend and girlfriend.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) Brother and sister.
(d) Mother and father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Doña Aurora call Daniel?
2. Who does Daniel encounter in the movie theater?
3. Why does Daniel wake up screaming?
4. What type of shop did Julián's father own?
5. What must a first-time visitor to the Cemetery of Forgotten Books do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Daniel meet on the street on his 16th birthday, and what does the person want from Daniel?
2. Who does Father Fernando think is destroying Julián's books?
3. What surprises Daniel when he inquires about Julián Carax and his works?
4. Describe Nuria Monfort.
5. What object does Daniel desire so greatly in Days of Ashes Chapter 5?
6. How did Tomás and Daniel meet and become friends?
7. What does Father Fernando tell Daniel and Fermín about Julián in City of Shadows Chapter 24?
8. Why does Daniel wake up screaming at the beginning of the book?
9. What does the neighboring caretaker tell Daniel about the Aldayas' house in City of Shadows Chapter 17?
10. How did Ricardo Aldaya acquire The Angel of Mist?
This section contains 1,189 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)